It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Revive Hate Crime Bill to Censor Christians

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Yes World War 3 would wipe us all out. Good point. I didnt realize that one of the guys on the post was gay and didnt mean to target the guy.

I used poor judgement on that one. oops.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Both women and Gay men are banned from the front line. Dont you believe in equal rights?

In what way have I suggested that I don't?

Many woman feel these same Prejudice's. Many men may say go for it stick them all on the front lines if the choose.

Men, Women, and Children are all equal in God's eye's. Calling any expendable is wrong.

Yes I stuck my foot in my mouth and apologized. Some things shouldnt be said. It's matter of honor. I did cross the line but dont keep bashing me for it.

Don't keep enforcing it.

I used it in the wrong context. Unfortunatly there are still many Prejudice's in the world today. I as well would like to all live in peace and harmony.

As long as we all fit into your "Proper" way.

My parents and Grandparents were all raised to be Prejudice, My parents are no longer like that and have accepted black people marrying white people. Their views on homosxuals is up in the air.I assume most of our forefathers were raised the same way. Slowly society sets the norm and people become more accustomed to it.

The norm has little or nothing to do with it. I am going to give what I assume will be the ultimate insult to you:

I hope one or all of your children grow up to be Gay. Then maybe you will BEGIN to understand the hypocrisy, bigotry, and intolerance that you exude. Have a nice day, and God Bless.

P.S you added me as a Foe. A Foe is a good worthy adversary.

If I had the option of adding you as a "Bigoted, Homophobic foe" That would have been my choice. I was limited in my available labels. Foe will work for now.

BTW: Thanks for the "Backhanded apology", it's more then I expected, but less then should be allowed in our society. You are an intolerant Bigot, and maybe someday you will realize it, but I sincerely doubt it. It's too easy to hate a stereotype, why bother researching it. Why not show your kids all the wonderful literature you have written?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I disagree

Christians should be allowed to teach jesus's word by spreading any hatred they want.
This is America!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

Yeah umm no..... I cannot stand bigots or hypocrates. If this keeps them quiet, all their spiteful breaths, then never again let them breathe. The world is a better place without the hatred that the bigots spew.

[edit-spelling]

[edit on 9/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

christians should be teaching the word of christ not this retarded crack headed bs and they should practice what jesus taught, and not be hypocrites..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

there is more than one on this thread.. i am one too.. what most dont seem to realize is that the church has scapegoated gays to be the blame for damn near everything.. and has taught non responsblity for their own actions.. i'm sorry if i seem to be attacking you i'm really not . i'm questioning the ideals and calling foul on some of the logic behind said ideology..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

ok theres 4 bad christians- Jesussaves2008, TheBaldChampion, adodson, and Aermacci

one respectable one, erniemink1

---------

One Gay military personnel - Me

A fellow gay- scorand

then the homofriendly, bigot hating, factfinders. - Deltapan, UrsusMajor, jfj123, and goathief

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
From your source:

No more will your pastor be able to declare the truth about Islam or homosexuality because it will be considered a hate crime.

I am all for free speech, but not for hate speech.

I don't think people should be thrown into jail for their views, but spewing hatred and bigotry and ignorance has no positive impact on society.

I was once censored (edited and given a warning) in a now defunct on-line provider for saying: "Everyone has the right to be wrong." Apparently, I didn't have the right to be wrong, so I took my money elsewhere.

As someone who spent 23 years defending freedom, I have little tolerance for those intolerant of my free [and civil] speech.

Free speech cannot be limited (except for limited cases like "yelling fire in a crowded theater", inciting to riot, and advocating treason) and still be free speech.

Freedom of religion requires freedom of speech. Muslims say theirs is the true religion. Is that hate speech, because it implies any other is false?

Christians believe those who aren't Christians are headed towards eternal damnation. Is it hate speech to warn them to repent and convert? OR is it a a bigger hate crime to keep silent and let them proceed merrily on their way to eternal damnation?

Where are all those "separation of church and state people" when you need them?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

It's the freeper croud coming out in full force. The average Joe's who actually believe they are at the vanguard of preserving these massive religious power structures. Rather than be loyal to their own freedom they spend their lives defending some bigoted religious order. God forbid all these hateful religions end up where they belong; in the dustbin of history

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Originally posted by skeptic1
From your source:

[ Is it hate speech to warn them to repent and convert? OR is it a a bigger hate crime to keep silent and let them proceed merrily on their way to eternal damnation?

..........like there is a shred of proof backing up those completely irrational beliefs.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Well at this point I am still allowed to state my Uncensored Christian opinion.

I 100% agree and ironically, SemperParatusRJCC is fighting to make sure you continue to have this right

Both of my posts indicated that I do not hate gays. I have a more personal reason for making that statement about Gay’s not being allowed in the military.

Well actually you indicated that you'd like to see them dead which is pretty hateful.

Again, I've seen you post in other threads and some of your posts I have agreed with, others I have not but until this point, I've respected your opinions because they seemed well thought out. But to wish a whole group of people dead... Sorry you lost me there. You've lowered yourself to a level that frankly I thought was beneath you. Based on your posts, I thought you were better then that but, like I said, I'm disappointed.

It touches a nerve at times. I have never let my son play with toy guns. He has never touched one. I am Patriotic, however I have taught him violence is bad. How would he function in the future with these values instilled in him.

The unfortunate reality is that we need soldiers. Not necessarily to go to iraq but in general. And has been the case for decades, terrorists eye the US as a prize to destroy. These brave men AND WOMEN stand between us and the wolves at the door. They should deserve your respect and admiration for offering to give the ultimate gift to protect you and I regardless of what their sexual orientation is.

I have wondered what our society would be like if all the straight men went to World War 3 and left only Gay men at home. Do you see the social consequences that it could have regarding our daughters finding husbands?

Of course we both know this would never happen regardless of whether gays are allowed in the military or not.

I also have said I don’t hate Gays and that God would not put them in Hell. I think I was a bit hasty in my last post and should have clarified my perception a bit more.

OK, I'm glad to see you post this statement.

I guess personal emotions sometimes over rules common sense. I have friends who lost their fathers in the Gulf War..

Very sorry to hear that. I have some VERY strong opinions about how soldiers in general should be treated and I myself get VERY emotional about the subject.
As example:
In spite of what the bush administration thought-
OUR SOLDIERS ARE NOT EXPENDABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We as a people should teach our children that soldiers should be honored and respected. Every time I see a soldier in uniform, I make it a point of shaking their hand and saying thank you. I've been in a restaurant on more then one occasion where I've nabbed the waitress and told her that I was paying for the soldiers lunch or dinner. And before anyone asks, no I don't make a big deal about it. I've always asked the waitress to not tell them who paid for it but just say that someone said "THANKS". I know these are very little things but I do what I can and wish I could do more.

Sorry that I Offended some here. I guess it's a matter of playing fair in love and WAR.

This is how I feel about our soldiers personally. Regardless of their private lives.

"Our soldiers stand between the light and the darkness so we need not fear the night"
"Our soldiers keep watch without fail so we may sleep in peace"
"Our soldiers sacrifice in hope our children need not"
-jfj123-

One last quote
"Never allow convictions of the ignorant to overwhelm logic, reason and common sense"
-Jjfj123-

[edit on 9-4-2009 by jfj123]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Honestly between you and I, even though it's visible to others. I appreciate your honesty. God will not throw you in hell for being gay. The guy upstairs know we are all born in to sin.

The problem lies in the intent of these acts. Being in love is not a sin. Whether we are Heterosexual or homosexual, in a loving sexual way..

We’re all condemned to hell if we believe that. The Bible says the flesh is weak and the spirit is strong. I think a one on one is O.K but a mass orgy or nymph of either preference is bad.

I cant speak for God, only he knows your heart. I wouldn’t want to see any living soul to feel they must push God away for their actions. He loves us all. He created us all. Thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yes, we need the soldiers. Every man in my immediate and extended family has served or is currently serving our Country now.

I've been out there searching for some real Patriots. Some argue that Communism is a good thing.

Even though I disagree I see their freedom to state it. This censorship post has turned some nasty corners and I for one am responsible.

Ive had Bible bashers after me before and can handle them quite well. I wasnt quite prepared for this latest incident.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by scorand

Honestly between you and I, even though it's visible to others. I appreciate your honesty. God will not throw you in hell for being gay. The guy upstairs know we are all born in to sin.

The problem lies in the intent of these acts. Being in love is not a sin. Whether we are Heterosexual or homosexual, in a loving sexual way..

We’re all condemned to hell if we believe that. The Bible says the flesh is weak and the spirit is strong. I think a one on one is O.K but a mass orgy or nymph of either preference is bad.

I cant speak for God, only he knows your heart. I wouldn’t want to see any living soul to feel they must push God away for their actions. He loves us all. He created us all. Thanks

Im glad to hear that.. Because the only problem I have with Christians of any kind, is that most of them are hypocrates. Not that all Christians are bad. I have a few Christian friends that I get a long with real well. Im just trying to get you all to see that you don't have to force your religion down others throats. We are all Terran, nothing will change that. the bigotry has to go.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

very true.. like i said its not a personal attack, just MHO about an ideology that is seriously flawed and highly debatable..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Ah, the old “talk about moral absolutes I do not want to hear about is hate speech” cry of the politically correct. Once the first amendment is trashed to protect sensitive ears from having to hear what the Bible says on Islam or homosexuality, a whole range of topics will be targeted next. Remember that the Patriot Act already is waiting in the wings to declare any anti-government speech as supporting terrorism.

The Amendments of the US Constitution are not up for a feel good debate; these rights descend from God and are not negotiable as per the fickle winds of popular opinion:

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."

Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 18, 1781

[edit on 4/9/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
so it begins for us Christians and next will be the death of us, silenceing
Christians is only the things to come. In a world gone without morrows and
beleifs. God already been removed from society. watch the signs

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
so it begins for us Christians and next will be the death of us, silenceing
Christians is only the things to come. In a world gone without morrows and
beleifs. God already been removed from society. watch the signs

For the billionth time, this bill does not censor christians from speaking their beliefs in any way.

Read the bill and find out for yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Seeing as Islam was started AFTER Christianity, I am damn sure the bible doesn't say ANYTHING about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Since you chose to use playboy as an example, you must think that right?

No but U do think exploiting woman for mans lustful entertainment demeans them as sex objects so no you got it wrong but since you seem to think otherwise I suggest you have some issues thinking supporting such pubications debasing females is KoO with you eh

Of course you have the right not to be tolerant but don't expect us to be tolerant of you in return.

Going by your first post I was already preparing I could count on it.

When you complain about being persecuted while you persecute others, your cries will fall on deaf ears.

That never seems to stop people like you from whining about it

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Aermacchi]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join