It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Revive Hate Crime Bill to Censor Christians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RichM

Laughing does not make any impression...other that you don't know what you are talking about.
Kent Hovind is a great man.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah and michael Jackson is like every other 52 year old. -shakes my head- That man is a douchebag and so are you you keep spouting random bull# from your ass like you're some sort of authority on the topic. At least I've given some insight to this thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
A few thoughts.

Maybe Judgements is a better word,...

Homosexual activity is intrinsically evil, as is adultery, the punishment is not anyone's to render except God - or more particularly the individual themselves who does not take the opportunities to repent

Of course, no-one said the pastor and the congregation can't incite violent acts, after all, the Good Book supports this bigotry, right?

If people's interpretation of another's words is grounds for proclaiming such words as hate crimes then Hollywood better look out - "the movie told me to do it."

Hollywood is not an organized religion that believes it knows what is best for you. It is a form of entertainment. Wait, Organized religion is exactly that for me too. My bad.

The voiceless unborn have hate speech and actions directed against them individually and collectively day after day in the western world.

Only in the "Western World"?

You are really good at cherry picking aren't you?

Any other "Rights" you would like to attack? I was under the assumption abortion was legal.

A pile of dung by any other name would still stink.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a defeatist, I no longer feel we have any control over those elected to represent us. Vote 'em out and new puppets just take their place. I'll keep screaming to sheeple until I'm forced into a FEMA camp, but feel it will accomplish nothing.

I guess most Christians are in for a rude awakening when they learn how free we really are. I myself am fairly accustom to this concept seeing as how my lifestyle, one in which I consume a relatively harmless plant on a frequent basis in the privacy of my own home, has been condemned by the far right conservatives through the help of their christian constituents for my entire life. I easily could be in jail right now for believing I'm actually free to do as I please as long as it doesn't interfere with my neighbors and if I were in jail most christians could care less.

Ask yourself who the bad guys really are and how they have manipulated your perception to assign that label to your neighbor instead. Stand up for your neighbors rights despite the petty differences and maybe they will help in standing up for yours.

I don't agree with the government telling us what we can say or do, even if that means religious fanatics will still be spouting crap about how they're right and how everyone else is going to hell. I just wish they would agree to support my freedoms as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
@ UrsusMajor

Very witty i give you
Well whats your opinion of this thread
[edit: to]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
reply to post by RichM

Laughing does not make any impression...other that you don't know what you are talking about.
Kent Hovind is a great man.

I don't know,
The laughing made a pretty good impression on me

I really hope this guy doesn't believe what was said about the grand canyon and noah's inbred ark ????

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He does, and hes slitting his wrist because he now knows his Idol is a cheat. And an inbred douchebag who has a retarded ass twisted set of ideals, thats completely illogical.

[edit:spelling]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh BTW, even though I am gung ho about free speech even if it is hatefull, I dont think that putting a federaly mandated 500 foot protest barrier around anyones funeral would be a bad idea. That seems to be the logical choice of action to protect against those kinds of situation. If someone came to a loved ones funeral of mine and started that kind of garbage, that law would be protecting them from me
not me from them. I'm suprised there hasnt been any incident where the family of those brave men just go beat the tar out of those lunes.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No one would try that at my family members funeral. Everyone has sawed off remingtons somewhere within reach. =3

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
better watch out though, greshnik might be among the crowd protesting, ifso RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! You can tell hes a highspeed hardcore killer. Anyone who thinks Dr. Dino is a great man needs a brainiotomy.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
I have admittedly not read this entire thread but I read most of it and it is despicable how twisted some people have reality. I am a Christian and I am a preacher, I will soon be a Pastor with First Assemblies of God which is a Pentecostal fellowship.
I will NEVER cease to speak the truth about homosexuality or Islam. I care not what the government claims because the commandments of my Lord come before the commandments of men.
I have a God given mission to be a light unto the world and bring the truth of Jesus Christ. The truth is that a homosexual lifestyle will lead you to hell and that Islam is a lie told by Satan. The path to hell is a very wide one while the path to heaven is a narrow road.
It is not hatred, it is the truth. The truth shall set you free!

In a nutshell, the above is why our current Civilization is in a downward spiral. Remember, this is a religious leader who wrote these words. It is easy to understand why there is so much hate, bloodshed and pain in this world. I see no hope of this person ever seeing beyond the blinders he has placed on himself. Multiply this by thousands, even millions, and you begin to see why the only way out is Armageddon. Sadly, this is exactly what many of the strident beleivers of organized religions of all stripes are striving for. Don't fall for it. Ethics and sound morality can be found outside the bigoted, homophobic enclaves of organized religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your Source is lying, that's just a FACT...

Current law does include SEX, sex is a protected status but I see that conyers or whoever is your source is a damn liar and purposefully left that out of the color religion, creed.

Think I am kidding look it up in the Law, US Law does protect SEXUAL STATUS, that's why women can sue for discrimination as well as men.

SEND OUT THE PROPAGANDA MACHINES!!!! EVERYONE'S A BIGOT AND HATER!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cindy22761

There is more to it that hate crimes or freedom of speech. It is part of a NWO plan.

Most all Christians will rise up against the NWO. If there is a global ID (RFID chip) requiring it to be imbedded in their right hand or forehead. They will refuse to participate in such a government.

Bible prophecy says after the “one world government” is formed that Christians are not to receive this mark. It will be mandatory! If they refuse it will be worse than the Holocaust.

Christians will be considered a global anti-government terrorist. They will be persecuted. I’m fairly confident this is why the FEMA camps and coffins surfaced and the letters to all the cemeteries asking about mass burials.

There is always more going on than meets the eye! It’s coming together quite nicely for them, with rapid speed.

If anything they should stick a gag order on Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Not on Christians!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
What nobody seems to grasp is why this bill is being re-introduced. John Conyers is the reason. This bill is written to protect the muslims in his district which are very numerous. This is the only reason why, the muslims have complained like they usually do that islam is being attacked.

The muslims do not want people in this country to be able to make fun of mohamed or any part of islam. This representative is merely kowtowing down to all muslims in Michigan. This has nothing to do with gays. The muslims want to stop christians from speaking ill of their false religion, period.

The right to free speech shall not be infringed upon! They cannot force someone to not say something, it is against our constitutional law. Hate speech is complete rubbish, the federal government cannot infringe upon your right to speak your mind about anything you want. That is why we have the second amendment, to keep the government in check when it grows too powerful and tries to dismantle our rights!

It is our right to say anything and everything without being prosecuted by the federal and local government. Obviously, this is excluding libel and slander, those are directed at an individual or entity, therefore, that should not be protected speech and it isn't.

False religion? Says who? You? And you know their religion is false because... your invisible man told you so? Wow, and this is why we need laws...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let me ask a question... does the truth not hurt?
It is not because I hate someone that I would tell them their lifestyle is taking them to hell. I would warn someone of the flames of hell out of love. If I did not care where people wound up in eternity then I would never open my mouth. However I am washed in the blood of the Lamb which makes me the only Jesus some people will ever see.

It is not hateful to tell someone the truth. God is willing no man perish but they will perish without the truth! Get this correct theology in your minds...
Jesus did not abolish the Law of Moses, He completed it! That means that you can't throw out the Torah. Jesus did not mention homosexuality directly because there was no need to mention it! He was raised around God fearing people with their heads on straight and everyone knew that homosexuals had a ticket to death and hell.

Later in the book of Romans we read Paul's writing where he was teaching the Gentiles and he condemns homosexuality pretty harshly. Again, if I were someone with no love and no care then I just allow the ignorant blind sheep to fall into the pit but I have the love of the Lord!

I do not hate homosexuals! Jesus does not hate homosexuals! However while we love the sinner we MUST hate the SIN. It is the SIN that will take them to hell and it is the sin that the homosexual embraces!

Homosexuality is the result of demonic possession. If that unclean spirit is driven out and the person is freed, then they can have a normal and blessed life. How are they ever to want freedom if they can not hear that they are a slave? Only the truth of Jesus can reveal that to them! Just because the WORLD embraces and encourages it does not mean that God does the same!

Yes you do have free will to do what you want to do. God has never sent one soul to hell... they have all chosen to go there.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
@ UrsusMajor

Very witty i give you
Well whats your opinion of this thread

Well Semper, I was nauseous when I first read parts of it.

I have several friends and relatives who are not of the accepted Religious Sexual Preference. Furthermore, I see no reason why this should have any application toward their souls. They are what they are. God made them, so God accepts them, if others have a problem with it, that is their cross to bear.

I have very little tolerance for intolerance. In fact the only thing I won't tolerate, is intolerance.

I sincerely beleive that the sermons, stories, and parables told by religious leaders over the millenia have caused inumerable deaths and untold pain. All in the name of saving a soul that never belonged to them in the first place. I see them as a bunch of competitive fools; as if it's a race to see who can gather the most souls. What a pile of dung.

I am absolutely certain that God sees the entire farce of organized religion for what it is.

Here's a newsflash: It's my Soul, I'll do with it what I please. Organized religion is Evil and as far from God as you can get.

As for the Bill in question. It has been totally misrepresented by the OP to favor his bigoted viepoint. If you don't eschew hate, this bill really has no teeth. It's pretty obvious that the detractors are mostly the bigots and homophobes who have the most to lose.

My $0.02, your mileage may differ, and I don't care.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsusMajor

God did not make them gay. No person on this earth has ever been created homosexual. The Bible calls homosexuality an abomination and the good Lord does not create abominations!
Furthermore, you are 100% correct in saying that you can do what you want with your own soul. My soul however belongs not to me but to the Lord because of my own free will I gave it to Him. Amen.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by JesusSaves2008]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
Homosexuality is the result of demonic possession. If that unclean spirit is driven out and the person is freed, then they can have a normal and blessed life

Oh creepin' Jesus, is this what this thread has degraded to? I thought it was about hate crime/speech laws and how it affects free speech?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Yes, it is about my right as an American citizen and first and foremost a child of God to tell the truth being taken away. What I have stated is the truth. I did not make it up, it is right there in God's Word.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Well said.

As much as it pains me to have to defend that type of 'free speech' it nonetheless is free speech.

I wish there was an easy to to draw the line, but I cannot see how there can be, as well have different levels and tolerances to what is acceptable and what isn't.

I suppose we can only hope that better people/families/comunities help to educate children and of ill-informed people to understand that such types of 'free speech' shouldn't be taken seriously and just left at the road side.

I just hope that the majority of people can understand that while people have the right to say what they want under free speech, it doesn't mean we have to listen.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join