It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had absolute power...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
...and I mean absolute reality bending powers, where you could create or destroy anything with a thought, talking god-like here but if you were still physical... what would you do?

I ask this question because of a really weird dream I had, it started off like a pretty straight forward dream and I was walking to school on a sunny day, but then my brain kicked in and told me it can't be real because a) you're on a two week break from school and b) it should be raining, so I was instantly lucid in my dreams. Normally at this point I would start flying around, shooting lightning from my hands or summoning up masses of soldiers/demons to massacre, usual stuff...

But I didn't, instead I had this weird kind of epiphany moment kind of like as if I went lucid in a lucid dream, hard to explain. And i started thinking, what if this was real life, If I could do what I can here in the physical world, what would I do. And after a long process where I basically spent a dream sitting down and thinking I realised I would do nothing.

If I had the power to change and shape the world however I wanted it, I could enslave the human race or just destroy the whole solar system with a wave of my hand. But If I had that kind of power would anything be real anymore, how would I know if I had just created the solar system moments prior?

How would I know that anything I could do or had done had actually happened, if I could change reality how would I know what was real and what I had conjured up in my mind whilst daydreaming.
People might say if you had that power go explore the universe, go learn and see everything, just have a laugh with people, but I would say how do I know that the universe I am exploring is just what my mind wants to be there and has created for me, how would I know that any knowledge I could learn was not just shaped around the reality I had just created, any human or spiritual contact could not be classed as a real connection with someone because I could have made it up.

I know these powers could never be obtained by anyone, because if they were I'm sure these thoughts would run through their head aswell, they would probably want to end it all or sit down and watch the world go by not being able to do anything or else it wouldn't be the world anymore, but even then... argh too much...

This dream screwed with my head, it made me think that if we do have a creator this must be what it went through...

If you had these god-like powers would you be happy living in a world that for all you know could be the product of your own imagination or what woud you do?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would destroy everyones ego, i think thats a problem with society, they have inflated people so much, there is no empathy at all. They have gone too much into a female b1tch type society, for our own good.

Everyone, has to think they are so great and watch plebs on tv, and imagine themselves as them.

I never watch tv anymore, since around 2000, and i virtually destroyed my ego when i left school in 1993. Have not harmed anyone, or did anything to anyone. So am i wrong in the way i am or are people who are scum, right to be the way they are, with how they destroy peoples lifes.

You decide. I think society is like this on purpose, and it is a shame. Of course they will always be apathy but today is beyond a joke.

For me, i would do away with peoples ego, and make everyone think more inside then outside. But with tv, there is no chance of that happening. Plus i think it is a mystical thing, with being at peace with being who you are.

The problem with my view, is that people would not care about money, or want to out do anyone else, so the international corporations would not like that, would they.

One positive thing that may come from what i say, is that it would destroy male and female roles, would it not, people would not be competing with one another.

I always have a dream that one day there will be just one gender, and although it would be mostly male, i think that there would be a balance of female there too. You see we all are, a different ratio of male and female in us all, and i just think science and mankinds will will move to the next step of just one gender. but of course i think you will have to virtually destroy the ego first and that in todays society is not possible, becuse everyone needs to be a b1tch.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would let every being be what they wanted to be and not to be judged by anyone.
I would let every being percieve the reality they wanted to, not affecting an other one's reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would sculpt society in my image, then carve out a small piece of nirvana for myself, and begin seeding other worlds with life. You know, just for the hell of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Absolute power in hands of any,even most good-natured and descent person, will cause absolute evil - among other things of course.
We are not ready for this (yet???).
The problem is that the powers we do have are used for wrong/useless stuff. S we do not need upgrade in 'can do" department, but we need to have major overhaul in 'want/planning to do" one.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If i had absoulte power.. i would first share it among everything known to me befor me and after me into infintiy.

Then renounce my powers and see what happens next.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

A life without problems would be boring as hell... and getting rid of gender would not get rid of competition between us, there would still be better looking things* that will have all the other things* trying to impress it, .... and grammar would be a pain.

I like to believe in a world where you cant have light without the dark, and that a world of grey would be so boring that people would seek out the light and dark just for a bit of change.

You say you would destroy peoples ego... What type of ego are we talking about here though? Freud's meaning, new age meaning or the super ego?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

For me, i would do away with peoples ego, and make everyone think more inside then outside.

That's a great attitude andy, albeit one that may slow down technological, medicinal, ect. advancements...

If you do not mind your quality of life diminishing (possibly no ATS
), then that is a great idea...however, the ego is what has driven us to produce tangible and intangible items that bring a higher quality of life - but not to everyone, as seen in just about every 3rd world country.

So - to the OP (with andy's input at my side...) I'd make EVERYONE altruistic...this would prevent global/universal(?) chaos while still offering up a bounty of fun (see tangible items...) stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

I just think it will be a better state to be in. If you live without your ego, you would know how it works. You could say that it might e boring, but how do you know that we have all our concious selves yet.

I think this is one of the things about when we dream about aliens, plenty of them seem to be single gender don't they. I assume if these races are real, they have found new things to move onto.

Try not to think as you live today, as you are trying to protect how you have lived your life, and who knows if that is the right way.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I was going to reply to this and explain that there would be some people that when given absolute power would just want to create peace and joy for everyone... but then I remember the sims game, for a while it's great being in control dictating everything from there reality to their thoughts but in the end the boredom gets to you and everyone will eventually close in the walls in and start a fire, just to watch them burn...
it seems like human nature.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

I'd give cold fusion to the world.

I'd remove the desire of power and control over others, and instill
the respect of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in all.

I'd remove all mental illness.

I'd give the world gene therapy that was able to wipe out learning
disabilities and other memory enhancements to equalize the field
for all ppl.

I'd make ppl forget racism.

I'd make ppl feel the need to help others, better themselves, and
reach beyond the mundane.

I'd make nanites that clean up pollution and leave behind recycled
raw materials in their place.

I'd make all ppl care as much for all other life as they do themselves.

I'd remove greed, hate, malice, etc from the world.

I'd give all living things the ability to communicate with all others.

I'd remove the desire for violence, and replace it with the desire
to negotiate and true justice for all.

I'd remove all the genetic diseases from the population.

I'd give nanites to those who want them that would repair all
bodily functions for all time.

I'd give the ppl faster than light travel to travel the stars.

I'd give everyone 10 Gb fiber optically routed internet access,
and computers fast enough to use it.

I'd replace all cars and trains with fusion powered mag lev trains
that travel in vacuum tunnels at multi mach speeds with no
wind resistance.

I'd replace all planes with anti-grav craft that can leave the planet
via its cold fusion power source.

I'd make ppl forget vanity and overwhelming narcissism,
still having appreciation of beauty but not obsession with it.

I could keep going for hours perhaps days, but I have things to do...

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I would demonstrate this power to everyone, show them that it is possible. I would them martyr myself (if such a thing is possible), as a display of the fact that NO ONE has the right to have ultimate power over anyone else.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i too would do nothing. Not because of the reality aspect of it, but rather because i know i could do anything. Simply knowing this is reason enough to no use it. i believe that us humans have the inherent abilities, and should figure out how to use them. However, absolute power is unnecessary, and at most i'd just use it for basic survival, ie, manifesting food, an umbrella. i'd probably become an aesthetic. But using them in context of altering reality, i wouldn't.

Great thread.
Love and peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have fantasied about having the particular kind of absolute power described by this thread. And how I would use it. Lets first look at the problem --most-- behind what causes people to -cause- problems in the world for everyone else, and that is psychopathology. Whether it's a financier who takes peoples' life savings, or workers at farm animal factories who conduct abuse for amusement, to the stealthy serial killer, to those who swindle aid from starving nations, to those weight loss schemes that lure "try one for free" and then proceed to take from your checking account every month, so that you have to change your checking account, to the common street criminal, to the lying politician and NWO Illuminaut. Etcetera etcetera. The humanoids behind all that, are psychopaths. Psychopaths ---cannot--- empathize. Because their brains are different. MRIs show that, while the brains of normal people light up with activity around the ventromedial frontal cortex and amygdala, the psychopaths' brains did NOT, most likely due to breakdowns in neurotransmitters. THEREFORE, if I had that "power", I'd snap my fingers like bewitched, and EVERY adult, child, infant, fetus, zygote's brains, on this planet, would have irreversably maximum empathy-conducive brains, and I'd throw in bolstered IQ and enhanced psychic and empathic and sensory sensitivity.
HOW FASCINATING it would be to watch the result.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I guess this would be your idea of a perfect world, everyone loves one another no sickness no health problems, just perfect neat geniuses all on a quest for knowledge and happiness yeah and everyone gets what they want?

So the world is perfect, great! But what would YOU do then with your absolute power, would you join them and try be an equal to them even though you knew that it was you that created who they are, every single person you would ever meet would think the way you have made them to do. Do what you have made them do, whether you like it or not then you are in control you would be above them, it would be like dealing with robots, sure they'd show emotion, motivation all the traits that would make it look like they had free will and were doing what seemed like what they wanted but you would not be able to relate to them relationships would seem pointless... It would ultimately end in your own destruction or the destruction of your ideals

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would delete all the humans on earth.

Go for a nice picnic. Smile, and have a good time checking this planet out. Enjoying some peace and quiet. Enjoying nature(can't get killed by a predator since i'm all powerful).

Then hit the "redo" button to revert back to exactly the way it was before I messed with it. The world would be kind of boring without people afterall, and because when I think about it, things are pretty nice(balanced) the way they are, overall.

Agree with this too...
"I like to believe in a world where you cant have light without the dark, and that a world of grey would be so boring that people would seek out the light and dark just for a bit of change." -- Irishwolf

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Bill sums it up quite well:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I was reading your post and it seems to me, that my own wish-zap, as described in my previous post, done to all people and why, would cause all the people naturally, to be like how you described making -- them to be. I'm curious, what you think of that. Meaning, eliminate psychopathology (the lack of empathy) into NONexistence for ever. Then watch how the dominoes fall (into place).

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Absolute Power, hmm. Well, I guess you mean starting now, and what we know to exist is already here, the universe at this moment forward, then if I had absolute power, i would live amongst my creations. i would live a lifetime here, a lifetime there, disappearing every now and then (superman?) to stop potential threats to the stability of the space/time fabric nature of the universe.

Yup, I would live different mortal lifetimes, on different planets, experience up close, more personally, the moment to moment existance of my different creations. And every now and then, I would disappear to sit inside a sun to comtemplate my universe.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

As I was reading your post, I thought of the 'Q' character on Star Trek Next Generation. We are all basically being asked what we would do if we were 'Q'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join