It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says U.S. is not at war with Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Obama says U.S. is not at war with Islam

www.reuters.com

ANKARA (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama told the Muslim world on Monday the United States was not at war with Islam, using his first international tour to try to repair America's damaged image abroad.

Obama hammered home his support for the creation of a Palestinian state, despite the recent election of a right-leaning government in Israel, in an effort to show he was serious about reaching out to Muslims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"Let me say this as clearly as I can: The United States is not, and will never be, at war with Islam!"

- And this is the part of the statement we shall remember - when Iran and whole Islam world is under USrael attack...

Words, words, words...

- Lets get rid of the nukes
- Lets talk with muslims
- Turkey should be member of EU
- Russia is our comrade...

"Hope of the world" is making his world tour - everything to everyone... But what are the realities behind these words?

- No timetable for ending occupation in Iraq
- No diplomatic talks with Iran or North Korea
- Widening attacks in Pakistan soil
- More soldiers to Afghanistan
- Quantanamo and other CIA prisons are still in business
- Full support for Israel and its illegal occupations
- Bailout money is flowing to banksters pockets
- No cuts in military billions - trillions...

I really start to see this puppet guy as true anti-christ!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Obama, as with Bush, are/were right: this is not a "war" with Islam, it is in fact a conflict/struggle/war with Islamic extremism, militantism, radicalism, and terrorism, in general.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I was actually gong to start a thread titled, "Is Obama running for President of the World?".

This all seems more like a politician running for office, than a presidential visit.

Just my $0.02.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your post. BHO tries to reach out to the Muslim world and you call him a puppet and the anti-christ.

From my point of view, the US has never been at war with islam, just with some yahoos that believe that islam teaches to kill "infidels" and the government (Taliban) that provided safe haven to them.

As far as Iraq, the government the US toppled was for the most part a secular regime.

Therefore, I think Obama is just pandering, and his words are meaningless.

BTW, how can someone be both the anti-christ (leader of the forces of darkness
) and a puppet at the same time. Wouldn't that make him both the pupet and the puppet master?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well at least he's smart enough to say something like that. We all know what happened after George made his famous "Crusade" comment.

And for what it's worth, he's at war with drugs, terrorism, nuclear arms and plethora of other issues they've deemed worthy over the past couple of decades.

Can Obama really afford a war on Islam?

And declaring war on an entire religion would be a little harsh don't you all think? What would the reprocussions be? They would be truly incredible if we are to take examples of past Islamic conflicts.

Israel sure would be happy I figure...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Two things.

1- The anti-christ has been speculated to be a "shell" that lives a life before being struck down, and then re-incarnated with the Devil inside him.
(therefore he could be both puppet and actor....)

2- Bush said two things that Obama did, but never was credited the same way.
a- Bush said this war would last a long time. (the war against "terror")
b- Bush emphasized this was not a war on Islam, and went so far as to visit the leaders of the American Islamic community right after the eventys of 9/11. ( I mean, FDR just rounded up all Japanese and stuffed them in camps!)

My point?

I don't have one. Sue me.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Obama's worldwide campaign trail has me a bit stymied. The French town Hall meetings, throwing Americans under the bus and the well crafted speeches are a bit much. He is still trying to sell himself as the President. Why? I suppose he is merely trying to prevent a massive case of buyers remorse back on his home soil. "My fellow Amercans... See, see, look at what I can do/say. Pretty neat - o huh?"

Bottom line...Obama just wants to be well liked by everyone. Therefore, he will say and do anything just to appease his immediate audience. I wonder how many times he was dared to eat paste and boogers in grade school? Hey, give it to Barry. He'll eat anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I understand anti-crist as puppet of the dark forces.

I am not religious guy, even less Christian - but also prophecies fits the picture under the name of Mabus (obaMABUSh) ... same origin and masters.

Sure this is all harmless mindgame.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Iran's Ahmadinejad says waiting for U.S. policy change

ASTANA (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday welcomed overtures by U.S. President Barack Obama but said Tehran was waiting for concrete steps to back up his words.

www.reuters.com...

- I am waiting those real changes too...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm usually very critical of Obama...but this was the right thing to say....we AREN'T at war with Islam, or any other religion.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I can sum up Obamas international politics in a single statement:

"Loaning your own Pecker to your neighbor who's sleeping with your wife"

Peace is nice...

Peace also ushers in the End according to the book... not that I believe the book, Just sayin

some folks you just don't care to be friends with, Obama's a fool

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I'm usually very critical of Obama...but this was the right thing to say....we AREN'T at war with Islam, or any other religion.

Very true. I don't think Islam is a religion of peace though. I have read part of the Koran and it is very warlike. I'm sure most Muslims disapprove of terrorism with all their hearts, but it's not because they're Muslim - it's because they're good people. Of course the Koran doesn't implicitly endorse terrorism.

It's interesting how he wants Turkey to join the EU, and talked about how it was a bridge between West and East. Indeed, Turkey would be very strategic for creating a WORLD GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie DarkoVery true. I don't think Islam is a religion of peace though. I have read part of the Koran and it is very warlike. I'm sure most Muslims disapprove of terrorism with all their hearts, but it's not because they're Muslim - it's because they're good people. Of course the Koran doesn't implicitly endorse terrorism.

It's interesting how he wants Turkey to join the EU, and talked about how it was a bridge between West and East. Indeed, Turkey would be very strategic for creating a WORLD GOVERNMENT.

So is the Torah and The Holy Bible, I have and have had Muslim friends and all are very very very critical of Muslim who are an "abomination" to the faith. The Jews have killed, Muslims have killed and Christians have killed, but none of that is an excuse for present or future actions, and I think each true follower of their faiths understands that.

As far is one world government is concerned, I don't know if that's the intention, but it could very well be used for that in the future...I think it's important to have Muslim allies though, it doesn't send a good signal to that faith when our country won't associate with their countries peacefully.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by yellowcard]

new topics

top topics

join