It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Technologies & NASA's recent satellite launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Having read the 'future technologies' section of this site, I was very interested in the article on dimensional portals
Two things about this article strike an odd chord with me.

1/ String theory, relativity, quantum entanglement - the scientific theories pertinent to such technology - are, at best, in their infancy and so far unproven in practice. Unless the USA's alleged secret scientific research is literally decades ahead of the cumulative genius of the rest of the world's scientific community, then it is hard to believe that they could have engineered such technology. Even if the US has reverse-engineered such technologies from extra terrestrial sources (which I do not believe), they would still have to understand the scientific principles to a far greater degree than any scientist could claim to, in order apply them to a working device.

2/ If this technology has been developed, then why would NASA bother to spend huge amounts of money and time launching a satellite into space to test Einstein's theory's of space-time? Surely Einstein's work would be elementary, and already proven/disproved beyond doubt to a country who have developed such technology.

Any opinions or answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S; this is my first post on here, so hello to everyone, and go easy on me!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, NASA is launching it for a Stanford Professor - even if they already have the knowledge, we have to find it out for sure somehow!

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Interesting question...

Firstly, developments in physics can occassionally be fundamental and sweeping - finding the Glorious Lesser-Spotted Unified Field Theory could revolutionise our understanding of technology in a very short space of time (or a very short space-time*). Obviously I can't offer specifics on this point, because if I could, I'd be outselling Hawking...

Secondly, it's not *impossible* to retro-engineer technology without fully understanding the underlying principles. If a device consists of button A, manifold B and pulsating warp-core-like item C, then analysis might not be beyond the greatest minds the US can muster.

In conclusion, I have to agree that the idea of dimensional portals isn't entirely convincing - at least not without delving into the hazy realms of astral travel and wormholes - but there are interesting possibilities related to negative ("exotic") energy www.physics.hku.hk.... And of course, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence, not least of all the Philadelphia Experiment...

Welcome to ATS!

* Oh God. Relativity jokes. Has it come to this?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments and the welcomes lads.

That's a very interesting link you posted Stranglands, thanks for that mate. Negative energy was something I wasn't really 'up' on before, but it makes a lot of sense.

I did a fair amount of reading about astral travel a while back, but it seemed more paranormal than scientific. Rather than trying to investigate whether all existence is physical in its nature, they (people who are 'authorities' on the subject) just assume that it isn't. Plus, a lot of the articles I read seemed to be writen by crackpot idealistic hippies with messianic pretences.
Maybe with the inauguration of String Theory into the mainstream, we can investigate these possibilities in a more scientific and level-headed manner....and then build an inter-dimensional portal accross the universe!

top topics

join