It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.O.U.S.A. - One Nation. Under Debt. In Stress.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Description:
Wake up, America! We're on the brink of a financial meltdown. I.O.U.S.A. boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens. Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions.

great video, found on google video

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this. Watching it now. S&F great post.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's funny that the media never "seem" to remember that almost each president has proclaimed a financial crisis during their presidency and that they will resolve it but never do.

I say scrap the whole system and adopt the RBE.
www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

This is a great film--definitely take a look if you haven't seen it. I was lucky enough to attend the simulcast premiere back in August. After the movie, there was a panel discussion with Warren Buffett, William Niskanen, Bill Novelli, and Dave Walker. Of all the panelists, Warren Buffett seemed the most nonchalant. He basically kept saying different variations of "Don't worry about it," which surprised me a bit. Of course, that was before the September/October market meltdowns.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this.

Isn't it scary that the numbers they were alarmed about at the time are now dwarfed by the realities we see taking shape?

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just finished watching it and all I can say is wow. Well done, just imagine how much more frightening it would be with numbers from 09'.

join