It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US may cede to Iran's nuclear ambition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

On the contrary, The leaders of Iran have welcomed the chance to talk and be included in regional discussions. Finding common ground could have positive results. Israel does not want any talks, but that does not mean that the US and others should not try. Begin by ending the lies about Iran and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

This is a gamble... What if...Iran gets the bomb, and uses it on Israel? Or exports it to a terrorists organization (particularily HAMAS)?

If this is the case, they better own up to the consequences if they come.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"lets begin talks, so that way, if you disagree with me, I can at least say I tried before I bomb you".
-the usualy bs reasoning by these politicians that they dont think we realize.
If you ask me
Obama=Soft.
He serves a higherpurpose, and I dont think his main goal is for the betterment of The United States.
He has proven unworthy as of yet.
Just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If Iran does go nuclear one thing is for sure , it will force Israel to allow some form of recognition of there nuclear program .

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was just reading about Golda Meir and Yom Kippur war. The reason why the IDF was surprised was because of bad intel, they underestimated Egypt.Otherwise they'd struck pre-emptive. The reason of preempt doctrine is Israel cannot afford to be hit first, for instance like the [recovery of the ]USSR in WW2. Israel is just too small with too small population. If you underestimate Iran in their potential of nuclear weapons then you're talking about the end of the Israeli people...First Obama bows before kim now before the clerics,mmm maybe he is the antichrist
.. but It seems like Israel stands alone [according to Obama's strategy], which is dangerous because during Yom Kippur golda meir was about to nuke their neighbours untill Henry Kissinger intervened and helped their ally..[in replacing lost warmaterial]

p.s helping in this case, dealing with a nuclear Iran[like good old gunboat "diplomacy"]..the US should force Israel accepting a Palestinian State..

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Foppezao]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Unfortunately, there is no "common" ground with the extreme regime that is ruling Iran right now. A leopard cannot change its spots. They change their rhetoric with the slightest change in the breeze. They will get Obama to concede and then they will waste no time in backing the bus back over him. Obama is way to soft for this. He is meek. The mullah do not respect this behaviour but, they can certainly play political games to achieve a desired outcome. Not unlike Obama.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

"lets begin talks, so that way, if you disagree with me, I can at least say I tried before I bomb you".
-the usualy bs reasoning by these politicians that they dont think we realize.

Sigh.

Bomb us with what exactly?
SRBM's that can just barely reach Israel or the non-existent warheads for these SRBM's?

Which delusional, fear-mongering fantasy were you referring to?

Obama=Soft.

Yeah man.

Let's bomb the living daylights out of a country who after 5 years of non-stop investigation by the IAEA and US Intelligence, still has not been shown to conclusively be enriching uranium for nefarious purposes.

Just like Iraq!

Nevermind the fact, that they have no viable delivery systems for nuclear warheads that can harm the US nor have they ever claimed they wanted to.

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Recently, he bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia upon being introduced to him at the G20. The POTUS bows to no one. Our alleged president baffles me with his gestures and rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is interesting to see that people are still trying to insist that Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons.

According to every report released by the IAEA, Iran is not in any way conducting the level of enrichment necessary to create a nuclear weapon. It is not just the IAEA saying this as all 16 United States Intelligence Agencies concur. The US Secretary of Defense stated publicly exactly this fact. Even Israel has stated that it would be easy to tell if Iran started trying to enrich for weaponised materials, and that Iran is not currently involved in such enrichment nor capable of it.

The difference between enriching for power generation, and enriching for weaponised materials, is a HUGE difference. It requires very different equipment which Iran does not have. Iran is enriching material for power generation alone.

Under the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, which both the United States and Iran have signed, Iran has a legal right to build power stations. Again, under the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, which both the United States and Iran have signed, the United States is OBLIGATED to assist Iran in building a nuclear power station.

Iran has signed the Non-nuclear proliferation treaty, unlike Israel who HAS sold US nuclear technology to China. If the US were to instead help Iran build nuclear power plants, as we are obligate to do under the agreement, it would allow us to more closely monitor the construction details to make sure everything was on the up and up. This is why Diplomacy is a good idea. It would allow us to keep our foot in the door, so to speak.

So, while many keep sticking to the idea that Iran is a nuclear nightmare ready to attack, Perhaps we should let Diplomacy enter the picture and end the Bias nonsense about the danger of weapons that do not exist.

To inject some reality into the discussion: How many countries has Iran attacked? You would have to go back to Biblical times 2000 years ago to demonstrate that Iran is a nation that attacks it's neighbors.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I don't know for sure but your second photo looks kinda photoshoped. If not thats pretty sick! second squirts

[edit on 7-4-2009 by 38181]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Helping Iran with nuclear energy should only be thinkable when building Thorium reactors for/with them.[No plutonium product so no chance of building weapons, less waste, no chance of meltdown] In fact every country who can afford it should build Thorium reactors!! green,non-proliferation and safe nuclear energy!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Foppezao]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join