It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US may cede to Iran's nuclear ambition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

US may cede to Iran's nuclear ambition

www.ft.com

US officials are considering whether to accept Iran’s pursuit of uranium enrichment, which has been outlawed by the United Nations and remains at the heart of fears that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons capability.

As part of a policy review commissioned by President Barack Obama, diplomats are discussing whether the US will eventually have to accept Iran’s insistence on carrying out the process, which can produce both nuclear fuel and weapons- grade material.

"Privately both US and Israeli officials say that even the current, more limited inspection regime at Natanz would provide sufficient warning of any “breakout” towards a nuclear bomb."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.newsmax.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Resumes Iran Threat Rhetoric

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is well known that Iran does not have nuclear weapons nor the ability to create weaponized material.

There has been a great deal of rhetoric about Israel wishing to attack Iran over these non existent weapons. It appears that the US may finally begin to discuss reality and end the discussions of a military response.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/4/09 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That idea would seem to mesh quite nicely with Pres. Obama's shiny new "KITTY KAT DIPLOMACY" a.k.a. Peace Through Superior Mewling

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

What "mewling"?

President Barack Obama vows not to shelve the controversial US missile plans until an "Iranian missile threat" is eliminated.

Obama took a hard line against Iran's missile program on Sunday, ruling out recent media reports that Washington may reconsider a Bush-era bid to deploy a controversial missile shield in Eastern Europe.

"As long as the threat from Iran persists, we will go forward with the missile system," Obama said in a speech in Prague.

www.presstv.ir...

It's Bush in a different skin colour and I pity anyone who can't grasp the fact that one puppet after another comes and goes from the White House, being controlled by the Military-Industrial Complex.

As for this article...

God willing they will stop the "prod Iran with stick" policy they inherited from the Bush era, but given Obama's flip-flopping on almost all of his campaign promises you can't be certain.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What Obama may say and what he ends up doing can be two completely different things. With so many Israeli / American dual nationals both in and lobbying the government and bought off politicians pledging support for Israel ahead of support for their own country, things may change real quick.
Obama, like Bush, is only a puppet doing the bidding of those behind the scenes....if he knows what's good for him.

The whole reporting of the Iranian Uranium enrichment process is so skewed and lacking in factual detail almost every time it's brought up in media reports, but of course that's the idea. The majority of people, not knowing any better, will then equate the enrichment process with a weapons agenda. Most are too dumbed down to actually do the homework and get the real facts. So, like the Iraqi debacle, they'll gladly go along with the booga booga stories then bleat about how the government lied to them after the deed is done.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Snisha

What "mewling"?

President Barack Obama vows not to shelve the controversial US missile plans until an "Iranian missile threat" is eliminated.

Obama took a hard line against Iran's missile program on Sunday, ruling out recent media reports that Washington may reconsider a Bush-era bid to deploy a controversial missile shield in Eastern Europe.

"As long as the threat from Iran persists, we will go forward with the missile system," Obama said in a speech in Prague.

www.presstv.ir...

It's Bush in a different skin colour and I pity anyone who can't grasp the fact that one puppet after another comes and goes from the White House, being controlled by the Military-Industrial Complex.

As for this article...

God willing they will stop the "prod Iran with stick" policy they inherited from the Bush era, but given Obama's flip-flopping on almost all of his campaign promises you can't be certain.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

i agree its one puppet after the next, its the NWO/CFR/TC/Bilderberg/illuminati we should be going after

the president has fu**-all to do with anything

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
^^

Im sure the President does a lot.

Bush was against Stem Cell research and Obama is for stem cell research..
So what is it??

Is the military industrial complex for or against stem cells??

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

So what is it??

Why would the Military-Industrial Complex care about stem cells? They can't profit from them and they can't augment them into an industrial or military application. (Unless we figure out a way to grow super soldiers).

Hence, that policy they don't really give a flying fudgesicle what the current President decides to make of it.

But Foreign Policy is dictated to the letter, by them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
What Obama may say and what he ends up doing can be two completely different things. With so many Israeli / American dual nationals both in and lobbying the government and bought off politicians pledging support for Israel ahead of support for their own country, things may change real quick.
Obama, like Bush, is only a puppet doing the bidding of those behind the scenes....if he knows what's good for him.

The whole reporting of the Iranian Uranium enrichment process is so skewed and lacking in factual detail almost every time it's brought up in media reports, but of course that's the idea. The majority of people, not knowing any better, will then equate the enrichment process with a weapons agenda. Most are too dumbed down to actually do the homework and get the real facts. So, like the Iraqi debacle, they'll gladly go along with the booga booga stories then bleat about how the government lied to them after the deed is done.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Britguy]

So basically Obama can't win. He does nothing and everyone will call him soft. He starts a war and its Bush all over again. Bush was determine to deal with Iraq, I doubt Obama feels the same way about Iran. What is your solution?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Snisha

What "mewling"?

Oooops, guess I should have said "Perceived Mewling" So Sorry, My Bad

Iran says Obama's offer to talk shows US failure

US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday. "This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.
www.breitbart.com...

I had NO IDEA that the "military-industrial complex" wielded such a high amount of control over the political system of the United States! Lucky for me I have certain "Knight's of Virtue" to come to my rescue and save me from my pathetic imbecilic thought patterns! KEEP UP THE FINE WORK!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
^^

Im sure the President does a lot.

So what is it??

Is the military industrial complex for or against stem cells??

yes the president is the one in front of the curtains, he takes the blame and responsibility, he also persuades the people into following him into believing what they want the sheeple to believe

they needed someone the people will follow hence why Obama got elected,

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Iran says Obama's offer to talk shows US failure

Care to explain how exactly Iran's perceptions of US Policy directives are influencing the creation of their policies?

If anything that'll only embolden the string-pullers to adopt an even more hardline stance because they'll be capitalising on Iran's perceived "gains" from an allegedly "weak" foreign policy.

This just plays into their hands, not Iran's.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Oh Dear NO! I don't think I could explain that! Obviously we(U.S.A.) would never take into account an opponents perception of U.S. policy in order to formulate our plan. We just break out the old Majic Eight Ball and PRESTO there's your answer!

Golly I don't know if I was supposed to reveal how we formulate our foreign policy! OOOOPS!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
First a comment on the stem cell remark...The MIC is looking into stem cells as a derivative of the Future Warrior program to possibly allow injuries sustained on the battlefield to be more survivable. Of course that is the white world goal. The MIC doesn't give 2 s's whether Obama is for or against SC research. The proceed in thier own directions and if a law here in the states becomes a hinderance to thier goals they simple move the research to an affiliate in a country that doesn't care. Now as for Iran, Israel WILL attack Iran's nuclear ability, Netanyahu has reversed stances to calm the scene becasue everyone was on high alert for the raid. He will wait till it is least expected and strike. Iran will not gain nuclear capabilities, peaceful or otherwise if Israel has it's way. So realistically if Obama eases off, it will only be a ruse. "Look over here! While my friend hits you in the back of the head with a bat!"

[edit on 6-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Israel won't attack Iran. The outcome could be worst than the US invading Iraq.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I would be very worried if any country sold US nuclear weapons technology to another country.... Oh wait... that would be Israel.
Israel secretly sells American nuclear weapons to China

North Korea, Pakistan, India, and Israel have all refused to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty. Perhaps it is those nations we should be concerned about and not Iran? Israel has demonstrated that they will violate US agreements and International laws. Shouldn't we be concerned about their nuclear arsenal?

Iran needs to increase its electrical generation capacity to meet demand and in looking forward to the future. They have a geothermal plant under construction in the Sabalan Mountain area. Iran also develops Wind energy and has locations such as the Dizbad Wind Power Plant near Neishabur. They are also helping other nations to develop Wind energy farms and Iran is the sole center producing wind turbines in the Middle East. Iran is introducing the latest solar technologies to cut its oil consumption and bring cheaper electricity to its civilians.

If Iran also wishes to generate electricity with Nuclear power, as many other nations do, then they have that right. It would increase their capacity and allow them to export more of their oil, increasing their profits. Iran does not have nuclear weapons and there is no indication that they are working towards that end. It is not Iran that is distributing nuclear weapon technology. Iran is not threatening to attack anyone. This is why the US will probably soften it's stance on Irans power generation program.

We were all lied to about WMD in Iraq and we are still paying for believing in that lie. Does anyone think we would be stupid enough to believe in another lie about Iran without proof of their weapons program? When the US secretary of Defense states that Iran does not have, and is not producing, weaponized material, then perhaps it is time to end the rhetoric and end the bogey man of Irans imagined weapons.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Mullah's in Iran are loving this. They despise weakness. Obama has been talking the soft talk with Iran since day one of his on the job training. His submissive behavior and rhetoric simply wreak of inferiority. He is building them up with every speech and gesture that he makes.

Recently, he bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia upon being introduced to him at the G20. The POTUS bows to no one. Our alleged president baffles me with his gestures and rhetoric.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would be interested in knowing how you think Obama should handle Iran? I don't recall seeing not one solution in this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The solution is simple, Engage in dialog. Making threats against Iran to appease Israel will solve nothing. Engaging in dialog with the leaders of Iran will at least put things out on the table. The Bush Doctrine of exclusion and denial brought no positive changes to the situation.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Dialog will work with the Iranian citizens, not the radical Mullah in charge. The average Iranian citizen despises the radical extremists that run the country. It is an unfortunate circumstance. The solution does not lie here in an ATS forum I can assure you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join