It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president: US authorities 'complicit' in drug trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Mexican president: US authorities 'complicit' in drug trafficking

rawstory.com

The President of Mexico has an unfortunate message for Americans still ignorant of the Drug War's cold realities: Some of your politicians are involved.

Yes folks, it is long-past time to start thinking about alternative strategies for combating both the harmful effects of drug addiction and the deadly effects of forcing an economy outside of the law.

"It is impossible to pass tons of drugs and coc aine to U.S. without some great complicity of some American authorities," said Mexican President Felipe Calderone.

"There is traffic in Mexico because there is corruption in Mexico. And that is true. But with the same argument, if there is traffic in United States, it is because there is some corruption in United States."

Calderone's comments come at 3:01 in the following video.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
rawstory.com

[mod edit: fixed title]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Too most people this would be a conspiracy, but to all of us this

has been a fact for a long time. Arizona is probably their most

used gate way for bringing drugs to the US. They do not bring

drugs into this country unless they pay Mexico's part first.

Mexican beer, refrigerator magnets, and knockoff Rolexes are

not there number one export. It is the drugs that our officials

that are making big bucks off of.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
of course the US is involved, i don't understand how people could be ignorant to this..

on second thought yes i could understand how people can be ignorant to this look what the world has turned into

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are many that live in and around the nations capital that actually trust their political leaders, that actually think they do not lie and cheat or steal, only drug users are to blame for the worlds evils, well wake up and smell the crapola you slowpokes many inside the beltway and tucked away in the Wall st benefit very much indeed from having black markets, since you 401k has now become a 201k maybe all of this hoopla over toxic assets might really be about hiding the sources of money from the average tax payer while also sticking them with the bill for all this illegal dealing the high rollers have gotten away with while you were watching "LAw and Order" thinking the drug users were the new JEWS of the era. They might as well have to wear a symbol on their shirt so you can spit in their faces ever after they get out of jail where 33% of them currently sit rotting away so you make great banking stock profits off the dirty money, now since they used those people up the time has come to stick it to the tax payers the way the drug users have had it all these years, now you the average American get to know what it feels like to have your lives and life savings wiped out, only difference you never indulged yourself and enjoyed the use of drugs or something else sinful, no you are jsut the next in line, unless you do something about it and stop letting people like Bush and Obama treat you like cattle to be rounded up into a slaughter house.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok..this is the second time they've said something like this.

Where are the names of these politicians? Weeks ago they said they would release them and still nothing.

I want names....if they aren't going to give them...then they might as well shut up.

We all know that US authorities are involved...but if we don't know who exactly it is...it doesn't do much good now does it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Ok..this is the second time they've said something like this.

Where are the names of these politicians? Weeks ago they said they would release them and still nothing.

I want names....if they aren't going to give them...then they might as well shut up.

We all know that US authorities are involved...but if we don't know who exactly it is...it doesn't do much good now does it?

They've probably been told to keep it quiet, and just given the names to the DEA... We'll see soon enough if any politicians get arrested... that is unless the DEA is in on it too.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have a feeling, but maybe im wrong..close the NAFTA highway, the corridoor highway open to mexico. It was opened for ar eason, and im sure its not jsut importing cheap merchandise! Anyting on a financial scale like that, would wnat a large return, meaning money. Only way i see that, is drugs.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

LOL Arrests?

The only possible solution to this total fiasco would be the legalization and taxation of certain substances.

This will never happen as will any corruption charges.

What a never ending farging mess.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Gee, I've been oblivious to the CIA and cartel dealing of drugs, white slavery and other nefarious things, and don't think thats the real reason drugs were criminalized to begin with, for years!

Nope, I pretty much connected those dots a long time ago. Didn't need to read up on Browsnville Texas and Bush and why he was pursued there by the local law office to understand why. That came much later.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
*snickers* of course. The damn CIA sold coc aine to cover the cost for its aiding guerrilla rebels in Colombia, read the story about Freeway Ricky Ross.

So of course! There is so much money in the drug trade, that's why it won't be legalized..to much money for select individuals to give up.

new topics

top topics

join