It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and Massive Coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We have all heard the news stories about the mass shootings that have been taking place lately. The story line is basically the same: someone, for reasons unknown, goes crazy, gets a gun, shoots a bunch of people, and then ends his rampage by killing himself. Have you noticed that? They always kill themselves.

The aftermath is just as predictable. People who knew the victim say the same thing: either they had a hunch something just wasn't right with that person, they knew they were really angry about something (job loss, divorce, etc.), or they would never have imagined that this person would ever do something like that and can't imagine why. Then there are the equally predictable responses of authorities and community leaders, crying about how tragic it is, and can't something be done to prevent more tragedies like this?

The link I posted for my tag is the latest in this new manufactured crisis. Those of you who have been here for a while can already guess what will happen next. These shootings will undoubtedly be used to "justify" (read: rationalize) even more restrictions on firearms ownership, and more police-state legislation.

I probably sound paranoid for suggesting this, but this is simply too much of a coincidence to believe that these shootings happened the way they're being reported. But here is my alternate theory: agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE, formerly BATF) got enough information about who the supposed perpetrator is associated with that they manufactured a "reason" for him to take revenge. Then they shot a few of his associates, then shot the perpetrator. They then concocted the story as we read it in the papers, reporting the "perpetrator's" death a suicide. With enough stories like these being reported on the mainstream media, the general public eventually begins DEMANDING more gun-control legislation - a demand with which the government is only too happy to comply. In short, the people don't protest the police state that America has become because they are convinced that this is exactly what they wanted! More restrictions on gun ownership? Yes, we want that! We have to stop these dreadful shootings from happening again! That's how public consent is manufactured. The people believe what they see. And that is why people like us, who come to sites like this to have these types of discussions, are generally called conspiracy mongers and are brushed off as paranoid. The Establishment knows what they are doing, and they are quite skilled at it.

An all-round increase in wealth (would be)
the destruction of a hierarchial society. (If
we lived) in a world in which everyone
worked short hours, had enough to eat,
lived in a house...the most obvious and
perhaps the most important form of in-
equality would have disappeared...If it once
became general, wealth would confer no
distinction...if leisure and security were
enjoyed by all alike, the great masses...
would become literate and would learn to
think for themselves.

- George Orwell, 1984

[edit on 6-4-2009 by rentacop1976]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I definitely think there are plenty of people in and out of government that will attempt to use (and spin) whatever they can from the media to further their agenda. I for sure think that advocates for more gun control will pounce on stories like this to highlight their position.

But IMHO, we have enough crazies out there that actually manufacturing an event like this is unnecessary. Unfortunately, there's always another loon who'll go on a kill spree. By the way, maybe anecdotal but the ATF guys I've known have all been big-time 2nd Amendment proponents. In fact virtually every law enforcement officer I've ever known has been a solid 2nd Amendment advocate.

But to your point, I think there probably will be more and more incidences like this one. People are feeling desperate and within the population you have enough unhinged and close to unhinged people that the more desperate they feel, the more desperate and irrational their responses will be.

And within the government and media (if there is even a separation anymore) you'll have enough advocates for gun control that those stories will be front and center at every opportunity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I will grant that it may not have been the ATF involved - at least directly, but there is simply too much of a pattern, and these incidents have just that little bit too much in common, for me to believe it is nothing more than coincidence. I first started wondering about that after the Columbine High School shootings. The officiial story is too full of inconsistencies to be plausible. Two teenage boys walk in to a school, armed to the teeth, and nobody realizes it until they start shooting. Nor does anyone realize that these two boys are planting explosives all over the school building? Or the SWAT team who said they were "badly outgunned" by two boys who didn't have even a fraction of the para-military training that a SWAT officer would have?

I think whoever is behind it, the perpetrators are killed (you know, "commit suicide") because it's the only way to ensure the truth never gets out. If the shooter is still alive, a police investigation would have to be conducted. Unless the conspirators have already hand-picked the officers involved in this investigation (and paid them off), the investigating officers will discover that the "shooter's" DNA and fingerprints do not match those of the real shooters. In fact, they would eventually discover that there is no evidence whatsoever to prove that these guys shot anyone. That's why the "shooters" have to be killed (they have to have "committed suicide"). It's the easiest way to avoid answering awkward questions, and to be able to say "case closed." But consider this: the result of these shootings is increased fear. When fear and perceived helplessness are sufficiently prevalent, the people not only accept greater government control, they welcome it. The almighty state is their savior.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The guy that just shot the cops was an ex-marine. He does not appear as some crazy outsider loner. McVeigh was also an ex-marine too.

Some people are just plain crazy, if I tell you to jump off a bridge you wouldn't do it, would you?

If Alex Jones says something you can read anything into it, same with Obama, Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think that the gun control advocates will run a false flag op to remove guns, but I think they will spin the figures and even take a different problem and spin it their way.

I find it strange that the LARGE majority of spree killings were committed by people who were on antidepressants or who had just gone off of them cold turkey. Strange how that fact is under reported.

Strange how the law makers would rather go after the tool of the madman rather than the cause of the madman's madness. It makes no sense at all until you look at the firearms industry versus big pharma. Big Pharma makes 200 million dollars per day on antidepressants alone. That is one billion dollars every 5 days or 73 billion dollars per year.

How much advertising does that buy on TV and how much lobbying will that buy in Washington? When you do the math, you can see why the real cause is buried and how firearms can become the scapegoat.

In the end, it all comes down to money. With money, you can acquire power.

Now if you get someone in big pharma who is anti-gun, then you have quite the combination. Then you would indeed have a real conspiracy to conceal the true nature of the beast.

This is how I see the reality of anti-gun environment. When you consider how corrupt politicians are, it is easy for a congressman to make a quick buck by cosponsoring a "crime bill."

As of late, congress knows how being known as anti-gun will get you fired, they tip-toe around the anti-gun bills and find creative ways to serve two masters.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.rr.com...

The above article was released just today by the Associated Press. That link is all I really need to say "See? I told you so!" If you look at the way the article is worded - clearly biased against gun ownership - you may find yourself responding the same way I did, with something along the lines of "I knew this was coming."

Read the article, and you will be able to predict what will come next: stricter gun control laws, more obstacles for a law-abiding citizen to obtain any kind of firearms permit, and totally ignoring the simple fact that criminals (the ones we really have to watch out for) are going to own guns whether they're allowed to or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I see all the killings and shootings going on this past few weeks
and I think its a combination of
1.People stressed and just losing it
2.No money(adheres to #1)
3.Some people just are full of rage or whatnot and we all know that this isnt the first tie we had random mass shootings
4.The media reporting it...I mean its not like the only deaths that happen in the country are the ones we see on CNN...perhaps they are just putting more of a focus on shootings in general to help sway the whole "take our guns away" idealogy....

if it is all some kind of orchestrated conspiracy then...well I have no words to express how I would feel about that cause thats just beyond f'ed up...

the worst thing about all of these things are the bs media constantly reminding people of the deaths and constantly keeping the subject alive while probabaly making the families and victims of the tragedy forced to feel the pain longer

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The aftermath is just as predictable. People who knew the victim say the same thing: either they had a hunch something just wasn't right with that person, they knew they were really angry about something (job loss, divorce, etc.), or they would never have imagined that this person would ever do something like that and can't imagine why.

You realize that what you just said, provides all the possible answers right? It's like saying, everytime I flip it coin, ill be damned if it doesn't land on either heads, or tails EVERYTIME!

Look at what's been said (essentially), either they knew he was messed, or they had no idea. So what else could a random neighbor or coworker know other than that? Is there some kind of gray area that should be mentioned more often?

The only reason I illustrate that fact is cause I think it's along those same lines that your formulating this grand plot. As the economy falls like a stone from the heavens, mass shootings or mass murder-suicides will appear. It's statistically guaranteed. Though it does go well their agenda, I think that whats more important is what has been done to precipitate such violence.

In one word, its desperation, and thus as the economy plunges, desperation increases, shootings, suicides,etc will become more frequent.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So what you're saying is the crusade to legislate the Second Amendment out of existence is, in effect, treating the symptoms rather than what's causing them? Yeah, that would fit to a point, especially since that's what many doctors end up doing. But the myriad of possible things that people would say ("I never would have expected him to do that" or "I knew something wasn't right"), those two things that say just the opposite are said about the same person! Yeah, the coin is either going to land on heads OR tails every time you toss it, but what I'm reading in these news reports is that contradictory things are said about the same person! In other words, it's like getting heads AND tails on the same toss.

The incidents are just that little bit TOO similar for me to believe it's just coincidence. I might not have found the correct connection, but that doesn't mean there is no connection. And I don't buy that it's all because of the economy either...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Strange how the law makers would rather go after the tool of the madman rather than the cause of the madman's madness.

Well said. The answer to that question alone is why they end it the way they do.

Also, not nearly as many, but, worth mentioning is the rise in televised car chases, almost like a video game except they are manipulating it using real life.

It could be a test of new mind control devices or some other types of weapons.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rentacop1976

You might think I'm way off here, but you should not only clik through the history pages;

www.johntaylorgatto.com...

But you should also look at his book;

The Underground History
of American Education
A Schoolteacher's Intimate Investigation
Into The Problem Of Modern Schooling

Read the readers reviews at amazon;

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239755109&sr=8-1

And this should really make you think...

www.natural-person.ca/pdf/mary_croft.pdf

Anyways, I too was having similar thoughts about how in the world can something like this happen more than ONCE in a lifetime!?!?!

I don't like it either, and there's something wrong/unnatural with the whole thing and in addition, I think there is a spiritual component here, but that's about all I can say about it right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Personally, I don't think that the gun control advocates will run a false flag op to remove guns, but I think they will spin the figures and even take a different problem and spin it their way.

I find it strange that the LARGE majority of spree killings were committed by people who were on antidepressants or who had just gone off of them cold turkey. Strange how that fact is under reported.

I believe some of these drugs open a spiritual port that gives open access to a person. I don't know how else to describe it.

And , I would NOT assume "they" wouldn't do anything. "They" are quite capable of ANYTHING.

Things are not as they seem, we just can't prove it very easily.

new topics

top topics

join