It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled Water Found Contaminated with Medications, Fertilizer, Disinfection Chemicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Bottled Water Found Contaminated with Medications, Fertilizer, Disinfection Chemicals

www.naturalnews.com

Bottled water across the country contains a wide variety of toxic substances, according to laboratory tests conducted by the Environmental Working Group (EWG).

“Our tests strongly indicate that the purity of bottled water cannot be trusted,” the study authors write. “Given the industry’s refusal to make available data to support their claims of superiority, consumer confidence in the purity of bottled water is simply not justified.”

Researchers conducted comprehensive tests at the renowned University of Iowa Hygienic Laboratory on 10 leading bottled water brands, purchased from retailers in nine states and the District of Columbia (D.C.). A total of 38 toxic pollutants were detected altogether, with each brand containing an average of eight. Chemicals detected included fluoride, byproducts of chlorine-based disinfection, caffeine, pharmaceutical drugs, fertilizer residue, plasticizers, solvents, fuel propellants, arsenic, other minerals and heavy metals, and radioactive isotopes. Four brands also contained bacteria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com
YouTube - Army Corps of Engineers Lied About Poisoning Water ...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mood Drugs Found in Drinking Water

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Much more than a third of chemicals detected in that bottled water are not regulated by the bottled water industry! The so-called, "voluntary industry standards" have regulated the following two-thirds, but water bought in 5 states and in D.C. contained high levels of some carcinogens in excess of even the industry’s standards.

The occult-world government is trying to soft-kill us, as well as take away our rights. We, the people of the world shall not trust a government, which is ruled by corporations & occultists, who pretend like they actually care about our needs!

Contaminants in Our Bottled Water?

Bottled Water may be no safer than tap water. Recent studies by the Environmental Working Group show many contaminants in 10 tested brands. Are water filters at point of consumption a solution?

If you're a male, the plastic bottles alone are likely to reduce your sperm count if you drink water from them & other liquids, of which they contain.

Where Have All The White Boys Gone

Google Video Link

The Disappearing Male is a CBC documentary about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system. The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer. At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette's syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia.

The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world. Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called "hormone mimicking" or "endocrine disrupting" chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

Bottled water, are they safe?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what...

The concentrations are so low, it's impossible for anyone to ingest so much bottle-watered in a lifetime to build up a fatal level of toxic compounds in their soft tissue.

Cyanide is found in 1 part per billionth of tap water but when's the last time you heard some dying as a result of tap water ingestion?

This is sensationalism at it's best right here.

Everything we eat or drink today is contaminated, via natural means or not. It's just a by-product of our crazy, capitalist experiment gone wrong where everyone produces everything.

Get used to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Plus, if you pay attention to labels on bottled water, a lot of them come from municipal water supplies.

Read the labels if you want to make sure you are getting "cleaner" water.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

So you'd rather become diseased and infected? Purity leads to a long healthy life. You can't just sit back and say 'oh well, deal with it'. It's poison and it's there to kill you, me, and millions more. I suggest you find a pure source of water, or trusted bottled water that has been tested.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouki

It's poison and it's there to kill you, me, and millions more.

More tinfoil absurdity.

It's not purposefully created with all these compounds in it to kill people, it's because in our era of over-processing everything we eat, the same machinery and processing plant used to bottle water also produces household cleaners or gardening feed.

Every wonder why those labels reading "Warning may contain: Nuts/Lactose/Milk/Meat products/X, Y, Z" keep popping up everywhere?

It's because of mass production.

Everyone and every company and every food plant produces about 100 different products from fertiliser to baby formula.

Inevitably, you get residual transfer and contact spreading dangerous or unwanted chemicals/compounds from one product to the other.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's a link to what appears to be the full report, quite a few pages so I didn't read it yet except the summary.

www.ewg.org...

Here's the wiki page to get some basic information on the group putting it out, they've had a few criticisms, but don't look too bad overall, I'd want to do more checks before being totally sure on their research though.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't really buy any conspiracy theories about it being some deliberate attempt to poison us or anything. I just find it kind of humorous that "Several major brands [are] no different than big-city tap water". A bit more worrying is that bottled water doesn't appear to have to go through any of the tests that even tap water does, so in some cases it could even be worse than tap water.

There are some problems with bad water that are taken seriously, here's one story:

"Hormones in water blamed as more men seek breast reduction"

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The Times in England is considered a pretty reasonable newspaper, even though it's owned by Murdoch.

A story it immediately reminded me of was this one

news.bbc.co.uk...

Soft drink giant Coca-Cola has admitted it is selling purified tap water in a bottle.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just because it's the most common method (mass manufacturing) doesn't mean it's the correct method.

I buy all our drinking water from the grocery store where it is treated with a reverse osmosis system. Not 100% ideal, but much much closer to pure then what I get out of the tap. I actually plan to get a system for the house that will provide enough drinking water for us and the animals in the house.

I stopped long ago listening when people say; Everyone else does it this way, hasn't killed them yet. Take a look at the world around you, do you think the majority are going about this all the correct way??

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

You've been drinking that water for too long! Just look at what you've been trying to make us believe: All that bottled-water is just fine & dandy! Writers at NaturalNews.com are just being silly. Yeah right, government-shill.

How can we help you, if you're not willing to help yourself? Do you believe everything is a conspiracy-THEORY & highly-respected news reporters are playing with your emotions?

I wouldn't drink bottled-water approved by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and WHO (World Health Organization), even if it was one of the challenges on Fear Factor, and I had the opportunity to win 1st prize: a Filipino wife.

new topics

top topics

join