It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok what is this pop-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I got pop-up today when i logged onto ATS.

The server popunderadvertise.spinbox.net at SpinBox requires a username and password.

What is this and why did I get it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Umm, how can i put this simply, its time you run a fine tooth comb throughout your whole computer/s/laptops/usb and other forms of storage devices.

Just some friendly advice.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Umm, how can i put this simply, its time you run a fine tooth comb throughout your whole computer/s/laptops/usb and other forms of storage devices.

Just some friendly advice.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but was praying for an easy answer

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry

That's not an advertisers we use, and we're also not running pop-ups.

Additionally, the domain is associated with serving ads for a variety of malware, so the likely scenario is that you have some malware that is attempting to spawn an ad.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by jwstarry

That's not an advertisers we use, and we're also not running pop-ups.

Additionally, the domain is associated with serving ads for a variety of malware, so the likely scenario is that you have some malware that is attempting to spawn an ad.

Thanks SkepticOverlord for the response. After just booting up cpu and logging on to ATS I got that but since then I am going over cpu with fine tooth comb.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Funny...
I just logged in and got a pop um myself and there's this thread.
I guess its a coincidence. However it looks like i am getting a tracking cookie even when the only site i visit for days on particular pc's is ATS.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You could have a trojan.

If you have a couple of hours to kill, run a free online Kaspersky scan. Close all applications while it's running and leave the comp alone. It takes a while. If there's any malware on there, it will tell you.

Running CCleaner every week or so will also help. Using Firefox with AdBlock Plus and JavaNoScript should prevent any issues. Threatfire is a good complimentary application to prevent malware from becoming active. It works in tandem with most AV and antispyware apps apart from AVG free.

A good way to check your firewall is by using GRC Shields Up.

top topics

join