It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question345

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am writing a paper for a class I am in and I have to answer one more question.....

You need to make international calls without being identified. How can you make such calls anonymously?? (without breaking any laws)

Any suggestions??

I thought maybe you could use a payphone at a bus terminal or airport, since I would think those are capable to make international calls. Staying out of view of cameras and using simple disguises would make it better.

Please give me your opinion

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a baseball cap should hide your face effectively enough.

buy a pay as you go phone maybe.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bark1252

A "paper for class" eh? Hmmmm

I thought you could use any payphone to make international calls?
May be different in the US, dunno?

Disguise would work i guess...

What is the paper on if you don't mind me asking.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Any payphone might work I just wasn't sure....never tried.

The class is 21st Century Intelligence Challenges at OU and is taught by a "former" cough cough CIA Operatives and Operations Manager. He gave us 5 questions to answer about clandestinity and this was one of them

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
SKYPE!!

2ND LINE!!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Go to a heavy tourist area and find a person that is from another country, wear sunglasses and a hat pay the tourist some money and borrow his/her phone to make the call.

Or you can do the same thing and buy a pre-paid international calling card. There are lots of ways to do it.

The CIA isn't even supposed to operate on American soil, another question is why the hell do they want to know this stuff. Sounds to me like they are trying to indoctrinate us to a police state.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Order a magicjack with a bogus name and go to a public computer, i.e. computer cafe, library, etc. Plug it in the USB and make your calls.

www.magicjack.com...

[edit on 6/4/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It sounds like quite a strange subject TBH.

What were the other questions?

[edit on 6/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

1. Without revealing your identity, acquire a US cellular phone that can be used for at least 60 minutes. Where will you get the phone? How will you pay for it? How can you be sure your identity will not be revealed?
2. Show how you would get a cellular telephone in another country without revealing your identity. Detail step by step how you would accomplish this.
3. Create an email account that does not link back to you in any way. Show step by step how and where the account would be established.
4. You need to visit a particular website that you know is being monitored by the opposition. The website requires that you log in with your secret password each time to get access to the info you need. How could you visit this site three times over a week without being identified? Be specific on how you do it each time.
You and your friends want to share documents over the internet without any of you being identified. How could you do this? Describe the mechanism you would create to allow you to share the documents.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Interesting indeed

Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Since you just registered today and all, I'll restrict my answer to info readily available on the 'net.

For almost anything related to Inernet/telecom security, your go-to guy is Bruce Schneier. Your "instructor" will be instantly familiar with him. If he isn't, drop the class and ask for a refund.

Anyway, here's a good place to start to get your answer. extra DIV

join