It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Day...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Your Yank's are old this year...

And most of those guys are on the DL. The youngsters (and Mo) are kicking butt and suprising me by being in first place over our arch-rivals who I thought would finish no higher than 4th.

I may get October baseball after all this year...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm glad Curtis got to come back for a couple at bats before being put back on the DL.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'll never claim to be a Yankees fan...

Infact the very notion makes me slightly ill...

But I am an Ichiro Suzuki fan. Have been since day one of his arrival in the U.S. from Japan.

Four thousand hits. A record number of hits in a 13 year span. He's within spitting distance of three thousand major league hits...

So, for the next little while, I'm a Yankees fan... **blech**

He's a member of a rather exclusive club. Ty Cobb. Pete Rose. Ichiro Suziki.

...and he did it the right way. By sheer unadulterated hard work. He doesn't have an off season...

Here's hoping he plays forever...or at least a couple more seasons.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
2013?

Really?

Hmmm...

Well, baseball fans, here we are again... Another season of springtime hopes, and cruel, cruel summers.

My Mariners may not suck this year...which is something of an accomplishment given the suckiness of the past *ahem* several summers...*sigh*

Kansas City is looking like the class of the field in the AL.

Since it's an even year? San Fran's own NY Giants will surely win it all...

Ah, yes... The Boys of Summer will be dashing the hopes of so many of us yet again this year.

God, I love this song...makes me feel young again. When the argument was Bananarama or the Bangles? I luvs me some Belinda Carlisle...

But I digress...

Play Ball!!!
edit on 3/19/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am hoping the Yankees rotation hold up, if they do a post season appearance would be a almost certain with the weak AL East.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Gonna be a sad season for me as a Reds fan. They gave everyone who was decent away but at least they ditched that idiot Chapman. He's lucky he's not in jail for his foolish actions.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Seriously, don't make me the killer of this thread. I'm tired of that.

The White Sox are in turmoil, even though Reinsdorf says the issue is "resolved". The whole team was ready to boycott a spring training team over the Adam/Drake LaRoche incident. Resolved, I think not.

USA is playing Cuba tomorrow. The bloody president is going to be there.

Will the Giants win again this year? It's been trending this way over the last few years and I'm not happy with it, mainly because my Reds lost to them when they shouldn't have in the playoffs a few years ago. Took two at home and can't beat them at home? Those bums got lucky.

Will KC repeat? Totally love the way they play and Ned Yost is a black belt breaking bricks, how cool is that?

The Yankees still suck.

So do the Cardinals. Bloody great organization but I still hate them.

Will Houston(remember them?) make another run? So bad for so long, was last year a anomaly?

Who is the manager of the Dodgers? Didn't Mattingly leave? They have spent more money than anyone recently and failed. Couldn't even keep Greinke. Puig seems to be a bust(mark my words if he has a great season).

Will Jose Bautista get to do his bat flip again and how many people will hate him for breaking the "unwritten" rules that are increasingly becoming irrelevant?

Very few things I want to accomplish before I die, but going to Wrigley Field and Fenway park are two of the things on my bucket list. Even though Chicago sucks balls, I still want to go there just to see that park.

Then there's Joe and the Cubs, or the Mets with all that supposed pitching. I pick the Cubs to lose in the World Series when Buckner botches the ball grounded to first. He used to wear a Cubs batting glove when with the Red Sox and when he booted the most famous ground ball in history, so why not have that happen again? If only the Bartman incident hadn't happen(I blame Alou for that whole brouhaha but whatever).

Signed,

Tired of being a thread killer.

P.S. Hope that helps get a discussion a going. Crikey, opening day is only a week or so away.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No worries. I revisit from time to time.

Like today...

Mariners are leading the AL West.

Yes... You heard that correctly.

Leading the American League West, Baby.

Only second week in May, but we're in first place, baby...

....and the Yankees aren't. **snicker**

...and yes, I'm gloating. Neener...neener...neener. Because odds are fairly good that we won't be in first come October...or even June. *sigh*
edit on 5/12/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I love to play baseball, it's my favorite game and i am very excited to watching this session.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The Evil Empire is back.

Ruth/Gehrig.

Mantle/Maris.

Judge/Stanton.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Given their results from last year, in Judges case, though they kinda figured him out in the second half...but Stanton is a big, big get... Yep, that's a scary ass 3 and 4 in the line up.

Baseball is better when the Yankees are good. Irritates the hell out of me say that...but it's true.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Given their results from last year, in Judges case, though they kinda figured him out in the second half...

Judge hit 25 homers in the second half, only 2 less than the first.

but Stanton is a big, big get... Yep, that's a scary ass 3 and 4 in the line up.

Baseball is better when the Yankees are good. Irritates the hell out of me say that...but it's true.

Still need a pitcher though.

Funniest Twitter comment I saw was: Jeter sells Marlins, buys Angels, trades Trout to Yankees for Gardner and a hot dog.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You're right, he did. I could have sworn he slowed down in the second half of the season... Golly gee, I'm wrong, again. Color me surprised!!! Not!!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

He had a toiugh July, only 7, but really turned it on downt eh stretch and in the post season.

Big expectations for them this year, it's World Series or bust.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

...but Stanton is a big, big get...

He did okay-ish yesterday.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
End of the second week in June, and my M's are half game up on the Astros. Going for the sweep of the Angels.

I keep expecting the wheels to come off, but man, I'm enjoying this ride. Series against the Yanks and Red Sox coming up. Could go along way towards defining the season...and the 13 remaining against the Astros.

I doubt there's any Mariner fans out there who can, with any honesty, say they were expecting this. Third best record in the AL.

May not last for the rest of the summer, but I'm going to enjoy the heck out of the ride!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Third best record in the AL.

Which means it's the thrid best in MLB, so yeah, they should be thrilled.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Oh, that goes without sayin'!!

Gonna enjoy the hell outta this ride. Even if we fall short, we get to spend the off season moaning about "what might have been.".

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oh, that goes without sayin'!!

Gonna enjoy the hell outta this ride. Even if we fall short, we get to spend the off season moaning about "what might have been.".

I'm out there next week, I may try to catch a game if they're in town.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think they they're on the road next week. NY, Boston, and Baltimore. They finished off a sweep of the Angels last night.

20 games over .500, first place in the AL West. New York and Boston up next. This'll show us exactly where we are. A .500 road trip would be successful.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join