It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Day...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, that was a great move.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

It's almost like rooting for Microsoft........except Microsoft doesn't get to spray champagne on itself, hoist the Commisioner's Trophy and get a parade down the Canyon of Heros. Anyway, Microsoft is in Seattle and we know what else resides in Seattle.....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Ah...ah...ah... It's not nice to annoy the nice mod...

Kinda curious as to what happens in that very crowded Yankee outfield now...

Looks like Hardin is signing in Texas...hope he enjoys the August heat...and July...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Looks like your team may end up with Cliff Lee while the Phillies get Halladay. Keep him safe for now, the Yanks will take him off your hands when he gets too pricey for you.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Seattle now has the best, or at least one of the best, 1-2 combination in baseball... Now the trick is, resign both to long term extensions...

But that's a problem for another day...

SWEET!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Sadly though you have that other team, the Los Angles Angels of Anaheim California, United States of America, Planet Earth, The Terran Solar System, The Milkyway Galaxy, somewhere in the Known Universe, playing in your division.

Do me a favor, beat them.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That's the plan. ...and the framework is certainly being laid in the proper fashion. Still need the middle of the order hitter, or two, but the pitching and defense are in order. ...and that's what wins in the playoffs.

Mariners can match top of the rotation with anyone now. I'd like to see them get another starting pitcher, say a Joel Pinero, or Jerrod Washburn, or even both to solidify the bottom of the rotation. Or, perish the thought, a healthy Randy Johnson to finish off his HOF career where it started, as a number four or five starter.

Even a healthy Bedard signed to an incentive laden one year contract for the second half would be useful.

It's all sitting there for the taking...

Spring Training is only two months and a little away... Let the trash talkin' begin...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Randy Johnson to finish off his HOF career where it started

You want him pitching in Montreal? Maybe he might actually strike someone out there....being that there's no batters facing him and all....

This season should be fun. A Yankees/Mariners ALCS would be great for one of us.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'd forgotten that...
Traded for him...can't remember who they traded though... Took a couple of years, but boy that was a great trade.

This season should be fun. A Yankees/Mariners ALCS would be great for one of us.

I could live with that, though a Dodgers/Mariners WS would be better yet...

[edit on 12/16/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'd forgotten that...
Traded for him...can't remember who they traded though... Took a couple of years, but boy that was a great trade.

Mark Langston.

I could live with that, though a Dodgers/Mariners WS would be better yet...

But not as good, or compelling, as a Yankees/Dodgers World Series. Anyway, the M's are not allowed into the big game, history has proven that, stop bucking the system and be assimilated.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

history has proven that, stop bucking the system and be assimilated.

yeah, yeah... We'll just have to wait and see... I like our chances if we can get another bat with some clout...

But pitching and defense which my M's have in spades now will carry you quite a ways... It's been a while since I've looked forward to the baseball season with such anticipation.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

But pitching and defense which my M's have in spades now will carry you quite a ways... It's been a while since I've looked forward to the baseball season with such anticipation.

Fair enough, either way, it should be a fun baseball season and opening day can't come soon enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough, either way, it should be a fun baseball season and opening day can't come soon enough.

Why?

What's the darn point?

The whole world sucks, baseball is stupid, and I don't care!

Stupid stupid stupid baseball!

I needz a huggle!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Stupid stupid stupid baseball!

I needz a huggle!

*hugs Dog*

You'll probably need a shower after that to wash of the Yankee smell.

Don't be too upset, you can always try signing a free agent or two next year.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Too true...

Baseball, wooo hooo.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have. It's the best stadium I've ever been in. No bad sightlines, seriously, not a bad seat in the place.

Phillies will be there (you homer, you...), but top to bottom, the talent says Mets, but intestinal fortitude says something else...that goes to the Phillies in a walk. Jamie Moyer is my boy, love that guy.

I envy you, I never been there before

NFL Shop

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
The whole world sucks, baseball is stupid, and I don't care!

Hey, it's not all that bad, you guys just got Bay, that helps solidify the lineup and with all the pitching you signed in the off-season you're set. Oh, wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
33 days...

Until pitchers and catchers report...

33 very long days...

But it's BASEBALL...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It can't come soon enough. Looking forward to a Yanks/M's ALCS.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No, no... That's an M's/Dodgers world series... Get it right, would you?

Though a Yanks/M's ALCS would be alright, too...While on the way to the aforementioned World Series.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join