It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Day...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Mets Win!
Mariners Win!
Blue Jays Win!

Yank ...
Lose!

Perfect opening day.

Hey trep, what the heck happened at the game?

Sorry Sdog, been busy. What happened there is that the Tigers were getting pasted. Some fans were throwing stuff on the field and Leyland pulled the team off the field to try to create momentum. Didn't work.

So far so good. Jays are 10-4. Best in the AL, second in the majors. Pitching is pretty good, defense is AWESOME and the bats are OUTSTANDING!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Stop the regular season right now...

Playoffs tommorrow.

Seattle and Toronto both in... Yankee's not... Paradise.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Damn it. Didn't check to see if she was logged off on BTS... That was me.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah, how 'bout them Yankees...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Can we give it a couple of weeks until the Mets get their act together please?

@Trep: Go Jays!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Boooooooo!!!

'course, I dislike the Redsox, too... So we got that in common, anyway.

Did I mention? Booooooo!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OK, 1/6 of the season is done and the Jays have the best record in the Majors. 7-3 at home. 7-3 on the road. 5-2 in 1 run games and have won EVERY series. Only blown out once, last night. Is T.O. the Rays of last year?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

They have stayed healthy so far. The Jays have had a decent team for the last 4-5 years, they just couldn't get both the pitching and offence healthy at the same time. I have my doubts about Ryan though in the closers role. Time will tell I guess but he looks shaky so far.

Bringing Gaston and crew back does seem to have made a difference but i wouldn't put them into the Series just yet. Lots of ball left to play.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The Jays are looking very good ...

My team is tanking it already.

*sigh*

*shrug*

At least I won't have to watch 'em choke it in September.

Go Mets

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Still looking good:

mlb.mlb.com...

2nd best record in the Majors. Winning the 1 run games. Lost only 1 series. Scoring with 2 outs. Cito's back guys.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You guys are doing extremely well, though I think you've only played three division games. Still, fantastic start.

My boys seem to have woken up a little as well, little seven game win streak and we're back on top by a hair.

Seagull's sailors
hare in a bit of a funk though but that division should be up for grabs all year so there's still hope.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, they are...

My thoughts are they started paying a little too much attention to the good press they were getting, and forgot that they ain't good enough to coast. I know these guys are a good team... A team that comes back 3 times to win a 15 inning game has a lot of inate grit...

They've still got the good pitching, and defence; what they need is a bopper in the middle... Griffey going back 5-10 years would be nice... Still, they're lots better than they were last year...75 wins this year, maybe more.

The Yankee's still suck.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Mariners just took two out of three from Boston. Next up, the California Angels...

Toronto just keeps on keepin' on...They just might have a little somethin' somethin' goin' on here...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yup. A quarter into the season and the Jays a one Dodgers loss away from the best record in the Majors.

mlb.mlb.com...

That said we go into Beantown for 3. THIS is the team we have to be at least .500 against.

Jays are hitting up a storm, defense is damn near flawless. Who said you can't have enough pitching? We do. We've got injured starters back with no where to put them. The rookies are just pitching too well.

Too early to say dynasty?

One word........ BELIEVE!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

We'll take care of the Dodgers and Sox for you this week.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh yeah. I'm a Mets fan this week.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ALL STAR BREAK (otherwise known as halfway through)

Well this season has been a real surprise for those of us who root, root, root for the Mariners...

31/2 out. Over .500. YEEEEEEE-HAAAAWWWWW.

Ken Griffey, despite a decline in production has, I feel, made all the difference.

Pitching and defence are superlative. Offence needs a little help, ok, alot...but they're scoring a bit more lately, so hopefully it'll carry over to the second half...

I won't even think about the playoffs though... (yeah, right...)

This latest killer roadtrip through L.A., New York, and Boston (5-4), then going home to take 3 out of 4 from, despite that hiccup against Baltimore has proven that there's something to this team.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just a thought about the all star game...

The pictures of the players meeting President Obama were priceless...

...most especially Ichiro Suzuki...he looked just like a little kid. It was hilarious, watching these in some ways extraordinarily jaded individuals reduced to stammering little kids. It gives me hope, actually.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How about Mariano Rivera.

New record for most All Star game saves.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What is this 'baseball' construct you're all talking about?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join