It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Attempts to Link Alex Jones to Pittsburgh Shooter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Media Attempts to Link Alex Jones to Pittsburgh Shooter

www.prisonplanet.com

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has posted an article on its website by Dennis R. Roddy attempting to link Richard Poplawski, the Pittsburgh man accused of killing three police officers on April 4, to radio talk show host Alex Jones.

“Believing most media were covering up important events, Mr. Poplawski turned to a far-right conspiracy Web site run by Alex Jones, a self-described documentarian (sic) with roots going back to the extremist militia movement of the early 1990s,” writes Roddy.

Alex Jones is a paleoconservative and is not connected to the so-called militia movement. The militia movement Roddy mentions is largely a creation of the FBI, the Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the corporate media. Timothy McVeigh and the Nichols brothers — fingered as the poster children of the militia movement by the corporate media — were not connected to an established militia. “Militia units in Michigan wanted nothing to do with them,” Mack Tanner wrote for Reason Magazine in July of 1995. Tanner documents how the myth of a violent and even racist militia movement is the creation of the government and the corporate media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Alex Jones On Pittsburgh Shooting Smear Attempts

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
For years, Alex Jones and his crew have been "breaking down" the media smear attempts on him & the editors of his websites. We're well-aware of the fact that Alex Jones' loyal followers are targets of the occult-world government.

Alex has been a huge target of the government (which controls the mainstream-media) before he even became the self-proclaimed, "godfather of 9/11 truth" and "leader of the truth-movement".

He's ready & able to defend his titles. There's no doubt about that. He is the info-warrior. The New World Order is only coming after Alex Jones & his listeners because the NWO-shills are losing!

Let Me Hear Your War Cry - Uploaded by WeRNotUrProperty

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So if this guy was wearing an Obama shirt then it would be Obama's fault too?

Another guilt by association trick.

Note to future killers carry a copy of Obama's book with you.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Perhaps he used Colgate and we can blame them too?

Or ate McDonalds and they are at fault..

Or Read Dean Koontz books and he should be locked up??

Who knows eh.....?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

We're well-aware of the fact that Alex Jones' loyal followers are targets of the occult-world government.

You really have to stop with this "occult-world government" nonsense that you try to link to almost every news article you post.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
they have to keep pointing out the bad guys, Alex Jones,Osama Bin Laden,North Korea,Al Qaeda,Terrorist...Etc

they need people to remember them, so when they(the NWO) pull another 911 the people already have these"bad" guys on there mind to say "what are you going to do about them" and it gives them(NWO) the justification to start more wars

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The title of the news article should be -- Alex Jones Attempts To Capitalize On A Slight Connection To The Pittsburgh Shooter

Mr. Jones is nothing more than Rush Limbaugh in a "9/11 Truth" t-shirt.

Scare mongering. Exaggeration. Misconstrued citations. Sensationalist Pandering. Conspiracy profiteering.

A week-minded unstable person will rationalize their anti-social behavior in one way or another. If not for Mr. Jones, his actions may have been spurred by not enough coo-coo in his Cocoa Puffs.

However, I've read much more about the "media connection" between Richard Poplawski and the ravings of Mr. Jones on the website(s) of Mr. Jones (or those of his supporters). I think that tells us all we need to know about this artificial controversy.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
The title of the news article should be -- Alex Jones Attempts To Capitalize On A Slight Connection To The Pittsburgh Shooter

What on Earth does he have to gain from a connection to something which inherently hurts him and his cause? He didn't talk about the connection until the MSM brought it up. Does he not have the right to defend himself?

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, I guess turnabout is fair play.

I distinctly recall Alex claiming that random acts of violence like this were due to the effects of "NWO brainwashing techniques". (the Amish shootings come to mind)

I guess it depends on who's writing the article...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What on Earth does he have to gain from a connection to something which inherently hurts him and his cause?

What he's always been seeking, attention.

For someone who profits from over-the-top conspiracy-sensationalism, this is gold.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Since when does one single newspaper get considered "The Media"?

No other news company seems to picking up on this factoid, so how is this a smear attempt by "The Media"?

I get the feeling Alex Jones will milk this for all it's worth.

baseless paranoia is what he does best after all.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I can't do that for you. I'm just going to stuff it in your face:

Occult Government is a reality that few people on earth either contemplate or understand. It exists and has existed for a very long time. Occult Governments are more of a reality today than they have ever been and few even know what an occult government is or stands for. Neither are they aware of its ultimate aims. Occult government exist today in the worlds most important nations in the modern world.

Occult government must be understood for what it is. The word occult means to be hidden or obscured from view. It is not the nature of those who practice occult arts to broadcast their secret ‘knowledge’ from the housetops. Most who practice these arts swear oaths and make pacts with one another never to reveal the nature of their associations. This makes an investigation of their influence difficult…difficult but not impossible.

The simple but frightening conclusion that all of the available evidence points to is the fact that Occult Government is a reality that has been successfully obscured by pop-culture, mainstream media and to a lesser degree, the governments of the world. One must find a clear and convincing example of Occult government, its patterns and method of operation in an example in the past in order to understand what occult government is. In short, we must find a ‘template’ from which to compare. The Nazi’s are a subject that has been covered in thousands of books and TV programs, their policies and atrocities are common knowledge. However, the occult nature of its government and the leadership and how their occult beliefs guided their policies are not usually covered with any depth. One of the few times it has been covered with real care and depth on TV was a special presentation on the Discovery Channel a few years ago, it was called The Nazi’s: The Occult Conspiracy. It was most enlightening and showed many important aspects of Occult government and how it was the true foundation and catalyst for the Nazi state. Such presentations are rather rare and very valuable because from them, we get a real look into the ‘soul’ of the Nazi state.

Many of the rituals of the Nazi’s were founded on the Occult and pagan rituals. However, Hitler knew that the majority Germans who were Christians (remember, Germany is the cradle of Protestantism), consequently, most would never accept Occult rituals in their government and daily life. Thus, he Christianized many pagan holidays. It was necessary to use this and many forms of political and religious deceit to ensnare the Christian masses into his service.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

He'd get a hell of a lot more attention if he took a job with the MSM, which he's already turned down on more than one occasion. He'd be FOX's wet dream.

Your rationale sounds more like player hating to me MOS. I expect more from you, one of our most astute members. Just saying.

Peace

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Your rationale sounds more like player hating to me MOS.

I admit that I dislike what he has become. Certainly, you cannot deny he is often too wrapped up in his own "cult of personality"?

Truth is my focus. Sadly, I see Mr. Jones' focus elsewhere of late.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it's a double edge sword is it not? i mean he fights fear mongering with fear mongering of his own...

I've watched all his videos and i think he brings a lot of things hidden out to the open, i think he has a lot of truth, but you have to research for yourself and dig open your own holes in the dark shadows, or you fall into the trap of brainless sheeple following one mans word...

but then again we do need a leader to revolt against this NWO, i don't think it's Alex Jones though

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
The New World Order is only coming after Alex Jones & his listeners because the NWO-shills are losing!

really? how so?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was wondering about this other night..how soon will it be till the media trys to blame websites like prison planet, abovetopsecret, rense, ect. And here it is...
Its the individuals fault!! not the people like alex jones. All alex jones does is like the media..he alerts everyone. Suppose the guy never was into conspiracy research, and becasue fo the economy, looses his job, wife leaves him, then he snaps and commits this crime, then blames the system and the federal reserve for his actions..i bet they wouldnt take or get NO blame per media. Suppose a group of cops detain a guy fopr whatever reason, then beat him, then it makes media. Later on in life, the guy snaps and goes on a killing spree...who was responable then? the cops are..but mainstream media would like to say, well he was on prison planet.com, and it dorve him nuts..but in reality, in this example, it was the cops, and its only natiral human nature, for anger to build up...but its also wise to control ones anger too.
I wonder how far congress will go now to try and make conspiracy research illegal.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It was either destroyed by design or police state in which Alex Jones, at the start, does advocate armed rebellion against the state - if they cannot achieve their goals by peaceful means.

Prior to his 9/11 "mainstream" material, Alex Jone's earlier work was indeed focused on Waco and Ruby Ridge. From what I gathered, he never had personal association to the militia movement. You have to remember, the new world order conspiracy was propagated by the radical right wing militia.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Quick question..

is it really a Far-Right website? and is Alex Jones really Far-Right? does that mean if you believe some of his stuff your also Far-Right.. cause i am far far far from the right

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's kind of like this...everyone has that obnoxious family member that they love to hate. Every family gathering this person just goes on and on with a string of nonsense etc. But no one knows why! But guess what EVERYONE knows who the person is and EVERYONE can tell you word for word what that obnoxious person said at the last gathering!
Get it now? Some people use an obnoxious behavior pattern to get people to listen and pay attention.

Now blaming any one person for the actions of another is just plain silly to the maximum! If your friend was pulled over and got called to court to pay a ticket could he blame you? Could he go into court and say well my friend drives to fast and not pay a ticket?
It is a failed attempt to blame any one person for the actions of another. When you get down to the facts of the matter it is the decision of the individual as to what steps in life they are going to take.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join