It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont drink the water , informative video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Saytun

When I visited USA last year for six months, I never drank tap water, always bought those large, heavy drinking water container/dispensers.

No thanks to Conspiracy Theorists
But also the smell of the water, it smelled like the medicine cabinet... For the same reason, I don't take hot and steamy showers, who knows, the dissolved chemicals would mix with the steam and breath it in.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saytun
Drinking water purification

Around the world, household drinking water purification systems, including a reverse osmosis step, are commonly used for improving water for drinking and cooking.

Such systems typically include a number of steps:

* a sediment filter to trap particles including rust and calcium carbonate
* optionally a second sediment filter with smaller pores
* an activated carbon filter to trap organic chemicals, and chlorine which will attack and degrade TFC reverse osmosis membranes
* a reverse osmosis (RO) filter which is a thin film composite membrane (TFM or TFC)
* optionally a second carbon filter to capture those chemicals not removed by the RO membrane.
* optionally an ultra-violet lamp is used for disinfection of any microbes that may escape filtering by the reverse osmosis membrane.

OK I really need a filter like that!

I swear that I am getting dumber and dummer since drinking a lot of tap water daily. I have honestly noticed that my spelling is poorer and I am just making stupid mistakes. I blame the water.

So where, in the UK, can I find a purification filter like that above?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Saytun

One thing I've learned is that if the bottled water doesn't say 'spring' then it basically comes out of a tap, where as a 'spring - bottled at source' labeled bottled water DOES come froma spring but it is still tampered with by the factory before it gets to you.

Fluoride is now being added to all sorts of foodstuffs, including salt , water ( obvious) and even toothpaste AND mouthwash.
One thing I noticed lately is that TPTB want us to seemingly overdose on fluoride to keep us sedate and compliant.

Toothpaste has about 250ppm ( parts per million) whereas my favourite mouthwash has 3500ppm unfortunately we are being bombarded with fluoride in water ( because of the people that don't get their kids to brush properly ( so what , let their teeth rot if the're too lazy to learn how to do it properly)), salt in food flavouring ( not a lot of salt manufacturers tell you its in there, cooking salt is the worse for fluoride ( Saxa , a brand in the UK has it in and is one of the largest suplliers).

After watching a quick video on ( kind of related) Monoatomic Metals , and the way that it is ingested ( here comes the relation), is that MM you put on your tongue and some liquid you put under your tongue for upto 30 seconds, and apparently its absorbed quite quickly that way.
Toothpaste, you are told that to effectively clean your teeth you must spend 2 minutes brushing, and then another 30 seconds to a minute rinsing with a mouthwash. So my question? is that how much fluoride do you ingest this way as opposed or in addition to drinking fluoridated water?
I have got so paranoid about fluoride that after rinsing with mouthwash I then rinse the mouthwash out with water?

Sounds like a lot either way, I try to find stuff that hasn't got fluoride in as I brush my teeth properly anyway, I look at labels when I go to the shops , and discard any with fluoride or any of the 'other' poisons 'Aspartame' for one, which is practically in EVERYTHING.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i havn't drank tap water since the 70's, use natural toothpaste. though i do take a few hot showers a week.

this was brought to my attention by hippies a long time ago...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
ops double post...

funny cause people used to drink well water and other natural sources in the old days.. that too can be very unhealthy..

[edit on 7-4-2009 by werk71]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saytun
Why is this information being kept from us I ask
We are drinking poison.

Poison is right. More precisely, toxic industrial waste from phosphate fertilizer plant pollution scrubbers. Nasty stuff.

EPA scientists have opposed water fluoridation for more than a decade, but they've been ignored by EPA administrators. Hey, why listen to the scientists and researchers who evaluate risks and benefits?

Why EPA Headquarters' Union of Scientists Opposes Fluoridation

The following documents why our union, formerly National Federation of Federal Employees Local 2050 and since April 1998 Chapter 280 of the National Treasury Employees Union, took the stand it did opposing fluoridation of drinking water supplies. Our union is comprised of and represents the approximately 1500 scientists, lawyers, engineers and other professional employees at EPA Headquarters here in Washington, D.C.

The union first became interested in this issue rather by accident. Like most Americans, including many physicians and dentists, most of our members had thought that fluoride's only effects were beneficial - reductions in tooth decay, etc. We too believed assurances of safety and effectiveness of water fluoridation.

Then, as EPA was engaged in revising its drinking water standard for fluoride in 1985, an employee came to the union with a complaint: he said he was being forced to write into the regulation a statement to the effect that EPA thought it was alright for children to have "funky" teeth. It was OK, EPA said, because it considered that condition to be only a cosmetic effect, not an adverse health effect. The reason for this EPA position was that it was under political pressure to set its health-based standard for fluoride at 4 mg/liter. At that level, EPA knew that a significant number of children develop moderate to severe dental fluorosis, but since it had deemed the effect as only cosmetic, EPA didn't have to set its health-based standard at a lower level to prevent it.

We tried to settle this ethics issue quietly, within the family, but EPA was unable or unwilling to resist external political pressure, and we took the fight public with a union amicus curiae brief in a lawsuit filed against EPA by a public interest group. The union has published on this initial involvement period in detail.\1

Since then our opposition to drinking water fluoridation has grown, based on the scientific literature documenting the increasingly out-of-control exposures to fluoride, the lack of benefit to dental health from ingestion of fluoride and the hazards to human health from such ingestion. These hazards include acute toxic hazard, such as to people with impaired kidney function, as well as chronic toxic hazards of gene mutations, cancer, reproductive effects, neurotoxicity, bone pathology and dental fluorosis.

www.nteu280.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
'' Festival Of Ignorance'' Love it !!!

Who is that anchor man telling every one to shut up ???

If you don't know who that is, you should probably just "shut up."

No, I'm kidding, sort of. That's exactly what he'd tell you, though. It's Bill O'Reily. He's probably the most arrogant fool allowed to speak on public television. Yet, somehow, his ratings keep topping charts, because apparently "normal people" like to hear what he has to say.

And I have no comment for that.

- Strype

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Damn this sucks. I love water ! People think I'm weird that I always drink water but I always drink water. Always.

But since reading on this site about this topic for a while now I have experimented with different types of drinking methods.

I used to always just drink tap. Then got in habit of only drinking water from my refrigerator because it comes out cold.

Then recently I started mixing the two to see the result.

I kind of forgot to pay attention to any detail though so I haven't noticed a difference because I haven't been looking for one.

This freaks me out a little bit because I really truly do love water. The way it quenches my thirst and there is something about it that I love. ( Drinking it as we speak )

Is there a correlation between affects and how much water you drink because I drink a lot of water....Hardly any pop ( From Michigan so we call it pop....I guess everywhere else calls it soda ) unless it is mountain dew which I am a huge fan, or the occasional rootbee...Mmmmm

Anyways yea I have tried to look for " spring water" but hardly any brands are actually spring water.

Can anyone list brands which are legit spring water so maybe I can buy those.

Also this makes me want to be weary when buying my Enon Springs water that only costs 89% a bottle at my local Speedway gastation and other brands range from $1.00-$1.65 for the same amount of water.

Any additional info would be awesome and appreciated

Reading my Enon springs water bottle label as I type. it states :

Enon Springs Natural Spring Water :

Bottled By : Absopure Water Company
Plymouth , MI 48170

Source : Spring Water / Jackson, Michigan

Process: Micron Filtered and Ozonated

So my 89 cent bottle of water ( the cheapest available ) appears to be legit if I am reading this right.

Yet other company's who take basically tap water and charge an additional 50 cents to sell you what is coming from your tap.

None of this makes sense to me . Well some but there is still more I would like to know

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here is a scary thought , for all of you with children .. did you forget the team sports aspects ? here is a nice little mental image for you , just as proud of yourself you may think you are for staying away from the "poison" (water) , just imagine your son / or daughter sitting on a sports team bench .. completely dehydrated and guzzling back a full 2 liter size bottle the assistant manager "freshly" filled up from the local dressing room sink prior to the game.

Or if you have a pet , try to recall the numerous times you have filled his / her bowl full of "fresh" water for them while they look up at you helplessly with loving eyes .

Next time your feeling proud of yourself enjoying your bottled water.

Take comfort in now knowing you are slowly poisoning the ones you have tried your hardest to keep safe.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I also did a thread about flouride and how it is bad. Check it.
Flouride

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
I also did a thread about flouride and how it is bad. Check it.
Flouride

So did alot of other people ( try google keyword "Fluoride")

Please NO TROLLING

If your going to do that at least try to spell Fluoride correct , spelling is rule 1) in the Writers handbook.

Thanks for coming out though.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by lastmanstanding

I use a shower filter that I hope helps. It costs about $10. every three months when I replace it.

The Fluoride Action Network is an international coalition seeking to broaden public awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds and the health impacts of current fluoride exposures
www.fluoridealert.org...

i do exactly the same bud

been doin it for years

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join