It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for Nuclear-Free World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Obama Calls for Nuclear-Free World

www.democracynow.org

Hours after the rocket launch, President Obama spoke in Prague and outlined a vision for ridding the world of nuclear weapons. Obama said he wanted an immediate end to nuclear tests, confirmed and vowed to hold a global summit on nuclear security.

President Obama: “As the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon, the United States has a moral responsibility to act. We cannot succeed in this endeavor alone, but we can lead it, we can start it."

Last week, President Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agreed on fast-track negotiations to slash their nuclear stockpiles by about a third from the end of this year. The US and Russia have a total of 23,000 nuclear weapons. President Obama is not the first US president to call for the abolition of nuclear weapons. In the 1950s President Dwight Eisenhower said, "Controlled universal disarmament is the imperative of our time.” Even President Ronald Reagan once proposed the abolition of all nuclear weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok, now our commander and chief is calling for a nuclear free world. This will never happen but what I find more interesting is how he is making speeches over in Europe right now. It reminds of his campaign speech in Germany. Is it just me or Obama becoming not just a spokesperson for the American elite but also the European elite. I am starting to see a pattern with him that is very disturbing. I am still on the fence about Obama mainly because I hope he has a soul and will see that the elite have no ones interests at heart but there 1 percent. I doubt that we will ever have another JFK though. As for nuclear free countries. Keep dreaming, its too late for that. Edit to say that the US and Russia are going to cut 1/3 of their stockpiles... wouldn't that leave between the two more warheads than pretty much the entire world. I don't know sounds like a way to try to get countries to disarm and then have complete nuclear domination over the rest of the world. I no longer trust anything....

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by iamjesusphish]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What is he skitso?

Obama, Officials May OK Iran's Nuclear Program
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your link does not work, please relink it. I'd like to see if he is losing his mind over there. Maybe drinking some absinthe and stopping in Amsterdam for a breather....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Israel will never let go of their nukes it will unleash them if anything. Despite the fact the US may be genuine in it's effort, it will never happen unless by force.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds wonderful, but America first.

Come on, you can beat the whole "retaining slavery" thing, the whole "last into WWI and II" thing, the whole "false-flag attack leads into Vietnam" thing, and the current military quagmire you're in by being a world-leader in disarmament.

You in the back, try to stifle the laughter, please. This is serious.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i saw the speech, and remembering him saying: ' america will keep its stock of nuclear arms, to protect the us and its allies'..

Basicly: we can have them and no one else can. giving america the biggest hand, when there is no money left.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Already posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there's about 2 more threads on this issue from memory.

new topics

top topics

join