It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Muzzled scientist Who Foresaw Earthquake; Warning Removed From Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Italy Muzzled scientist Who Foresaw Earthquake; Warning Removed From Internet

rawstory.com

powerful earthquake tore through central Italy on Monday killing more than 90 people as Renaissance buildings in a historic town were reduced to rubble.

The quake hadn't been completely unexpected. Italy muzzled a scientist who foresaw it.

"...he said a build-up of radon gas around the seismically active area suggested a major earthquake was imminent."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alertnet.org

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So why the muzzle?

Why the cover-up?

Has this man discovered a method to predict earthquakes; RADON GAS DETECTION?

Here you will find an article about Radon testing for earthquake detection...
RADON SIGNALS FOR EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION
AND GEOLOGICAL PROSPECTION

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That is very sad. I hate how some politicians are blinded by their position and fail to work together to make our planet and its inhabitants safe. That mayor should be in prison for murder!!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't say radon build up is any kind of significant indicator, as radon builds up in many places.

In Cornwall, for example, many houses are built out of the local material, which is granite. Every house has to have a regular inspection of basements and other area's for potentially dangerous radon gas build ups, yet there is little to no major geological activity in that area.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I wouldn't say radon build up is any kind of significant indicator, as radon builds up in many places.

I read a paper about this today, when I first read about this story. What I read was that the Radon does build up in many places as you say, and that's what's useful about it. When an earthquake is coming, the plates will start to move, and that may cause trapped Radon to be released. I believe that is what is measured. if there is an unusual release, that may indicate odd plate activity.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
His predictions were based on radon gas emissions and a series of observed tremors. He thought the quake would happen on March 29, and while there was a quake on that date it was a minor one. This current major quake is directly related to the earlier one and his prediction is now proven to be correct, only being off by a few days.

Giampaolo Giuliani, the scientist at the National Physical Laboratory of Gran Sasso who predicted the quake stated "Someone owes me an apology. The situation here is dramatic. I am devastated, but also angry."

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm listening to a recounting of this as I write.
I'm just horrified when i think of how many lives this man could have saved if he was only listened to!
To think complaints were made against him (in the same town) is just incredulous.
How horrific.
Then again what's the old saying about a prophet is never listened to in his own town.
I hope this man finds peace knowing he did his best and for those who didn't listen to him and called him an imbecile - well, I guess I hope they can find peace too, there's been enough death for today, too much for casting more stones.

peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My guess is that Guido Bertolaso, the head of Italy's Civil Protection Agency who is the idiot that last week officially denounced Giuliani in court for false alarm, will be run out of town. He is the one responsible for the warning not being heeded, and should be not only forced to resign in disgrace, but to publicly apologize to Giuliani. Bertolaso should also be forced to look at the face of every victim who died in the quake.

new topics

top topics

join