It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by Acidtastic

The ones that are identifiable will simply say " Sorry , there was so much going on we can't remember who did what".

What good is sorry a persons life ins over, what good is sorry. How many lifes have those ssum ended, with there loony vendettas against anyone they want.

Oh yep, sorry for murder, while others have to spend years in prison for such a thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Sad to say it but i think you are right.
The officer will always be known to be the one though by his colleges & he will have to live with it the rest of his life.
Hopefully some of that will be behind bars!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
im trying to stay more positive, when i went to the memorial for him the next day i spoke to a lady that showed me about a website called indymedia i think, on that site they are taking protestors points of view, as well as the ipcc looking into it

put that together with the footage how can somebody not be prosecuted? its disgusting all those who are arguing the police's case if you wernt there that day then you cant comment, i was and i can tell you as a matter of FACT the met went way overboard that day and now they are paying for it

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

I was there, to the point that I'm going to be honest and say I work for the Bank of England, and was one of the few on the balcony and NO, I didn't gesticulate or wave money at the crowds, I'm a bit too smart to try and incite what is a very angry mass of people on my doorstep.
I for one DO NOT defend the police in anyway, what they did was wrong and totally uncalled for and way over the top, but the things I've said come from a view that the Policy Farce always stick up for one of their own and I think they will try to bury the story as quick as they can.
Even though there are identifiable Officers they will say they can't remember which officer pushed and baton'ed the guy, " I can't remember, there was too much going on, I was scared for my wellbeing , I was watching the mob" syndrome.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

why was the 'police officer' who pushed him face covered up by a mask or scarf?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

fair enough, the protest wasnt about the people who work at the banks themselves at the end of the day your caught in the same trap most of us are, i had a brilliant discussion the next day after the riots with a guy who worked at one of the buildings on bishopsgate,it wasnt you was it?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

apparently all the police who had balaclavas on work in and around london so they had to be "protected" its funny everybody views some of the protestors negatively for wearing ballies but i saw hundreds of police that day wearing them, so lets get this straight its illegal to film them,they can disguise themselves,and apparently they are allowed to assault innocent bystanders? they have really set it up so they hold all the cards

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

fair enough, the protest wasnt about the people who work at the banks themselves at the end of the day your caught in the same trap most of us are, i had a brilliant discussion the next day after the riots with a guy who worked at one of the buildings on bishopsgate,it wasnt you was it?

Nope sorry wasn't me, I work in the Bank of England on Threadneedle street, not near Bishopsgate, besides I commute on a bike and not on a train or bus.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

As I've said many times before, whenever I protest I now wear a scarf or bandana which covers my face to stop the police using underhand tactics. They forcefully pen you in an area and before you are allowed to leave you have to give your name, address and consent to a photograph of your face being taken (under the threat of arrest) which are all then added to a database. At other protests if the police identify you when filming by hand or CCTV they will shout your name and address over megaphones in an attempt to intimidate you, etc.

The biggest irony is that it's now illegal for us to even film them, not that it matters anyway as it's also been common practice to obscure their ID numbers when forcefully dispersing a peaceful gathering.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ive seen the video of the police attacking this guy !!, wow attacking him from behind when he had his hands in his pockets !!.
this will no doubt be nothing more than a public relations exorcise for the police as they are 99.9% likley to get away with this death/killing/murder
at best the family will likley get nothing more than an opology if they are lucky. & the police officer............well i bet he will not lose his job & get nothing more than fully paid leave untill this story dies down in the media !!!!.
i think in todays world, joining the police is a good way to obtain a licence to kill/attack/hurt/hospitolise any one you dont like.
it must be said that untill this video came into the public arena, that the police had already said that they never came into contact with the now dead man, so the police have already tried to lie once, i can only assume the police will continue trying to lie thair way out of this !!!!!.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ian tomlinson hit by police

How anyone can condone this type of behaviour is beyond me. The police are guilty as charged, and should face disciplinary action, or worse jail. One policeman clearly jabs the man in the back, before another police thug pushes him to the ground. No doubt they'll get away with it, but what's new under New Labour.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Good thread. Lots of good points on both sides.
I can try to see where everyone is coming from. I think people are blaming the police but its a hard job and think about being faced with thousands of angery people. You WOULD be ampled up becuase your life is on the line. The police know if the crowd turn they are done so they have to make a show of force to keep people from acting like fools. They are trained that way(right or wrong). Do you blame a dog for barking after you trained him to bark?

Anyway good thread

"Stoping reading if you dont like rants"
I have to wonder what the protesters wanted to happen? Overthrow of government, to be replaced with what? No governement? Fine by me, I have no problem defending my food and water with force, if fact I will take yours while you are trying to call the police for help since you dont like getting your hands dirty

I wonder how many crimes were solved by the good cops, but we dont hear about those do we? Every cop is bad right? Its like Muslims, they are all terrorists, even though I lived in the Middle East and had many Muslim friends, they all went to a terrorist meeting after they closed up shop.....right

I wonder if the amblence could have got to him faster if the ROAD had not been full of people, ever think of that? If you were there you could have helped cuase this guys death by blocking the F-ing road. How do you feel now.

If the police are found guilty of excessive force then they should be punished by the LAW not by us, not yet anyway. Things are not that bad yet.

Most people just want to say they were there and not really change anything. Its like they want thier 60's peace movement and to brag about how they were there . Its a big clique.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate we people stop using their brains and forget common sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegear

I wonder if the amblence could have got to him faster if the ROAD had not been full of people, ever think of that? If you were there you could have helped cuase this guys death by blocking the F-ing road. How do you feel now.

mate, there's video evidence of the ambulance being let through by protesters, and STOPPED by the police. They didn't let it pass, until a rather angry cheif told them to let it go. (that last bit isn't on the film, but an eye witness told me that the ambulance was let through after a few minutes.) So less of the tarring all protesters with the same brush (old and tired smearing tactics) and use the actual evidence which is available.

45 seconds in, you see the protesters move out the way, and calling for others to do so, then you see the ambulance stop, because of a police line. You can see the police pointing for the ambulance to carry on going round. Which was not the route they wanted to take.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Thank goodness for YouTube. I'm sick and tired of all the lies and BS that is coming from the mainstream news.

Rest in Peace Ian.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by stumason

Hahaha, the ipcc never prosecute the police. The police are always destroying lifes, as they are just there for people to make stuff up about, so the police can murder people you do not like.

Police solve hardly any crimes period.

Even if there was video evidence that this man did nothing and was killed by police scum, people would be going its the police so its ok. So they have a right to kill do they?

I agree with you its the nature of human beings, with power = Corruption of the mind no body gets responsibility we are corrupt to the core wish they found a medicine to purify soul.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Ashcool007]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

There you go, second post mortem.

Now if you aren't prepared to accept the outcome, then what legal recourse is there?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thegear

How do you feel now mate? knowing that you just got shown evidence of the POLICE not letting the ambulance through, i love the way you comment when you wasnt their nor did you try and look for any evidence, believe me i was right there and their was a breif struggle BETWEEN protestors we got out wires crossed and was arguing amongst ourselves to let it through! so maybe you should change your statement to maybe the ambulance could of got there faster IF the POLICE let them through quicker

man i love youtube deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You always get some serious troublemakers at these otherwise peaceful protests - and they are usually employed by HM government.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A police watchdog said it is working to identify officers in video footage of a man pushed to the ground at the G20 protest minutes before his death.

Independent probe into G20 death BBC

IPCC orders new post-mortem on G20 victim Ian Tomlinson Times Online

This is why the police should be photographed.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
reply to post by News And History

why was the 'police officer' who pushed him face covered up by a mask or scarf?

Because he was out to make something happen, itching to lay a smack-down on someone, and didn't want his identity revealed while he did his dirty rotten bully deeds. In other words, he is a punk coward looking for trouble. We should start a list for names of turds like this, so when we get a real government we can hunt these Nazi fascist scum down like the dogs they are.

[edit on 8/4/09 by John Matrix]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join