It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Also, it should be noted that the police officer who attacked him, was a- wearing a face mask, and b- had his/her badge number covered. WHILST 5 FIT policemen walk by the side of it all. FIT are supposed to oversee police procedure at these events. bets are on that not one of them raised any concern over this assault. Which is perverting the corse of justice, and with holding evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

actually - it was a few minutes later.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Furthermore, I'm not saying that the cop shouldn't be charged for overreaction.

He can be censured for unnecessarily shoving a civilian. However, he cannot be charged with manslaughter.

Charging him with manslaughter/ murder is ridiculous, since the coroner has already declared the death to be of natural causes. Those calling for the cop to be done for murder are just using a small incident, blowing it out of proportion, and demonising their "enemy".

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Furthermore, I'm not saying that the cop shouldn't be charged for overreaction.

He can be censured for unnecessarily shoving a civilian. However, he cannot be charged with manslaughter.

Charging him with manslaughter/ murder is ridiculous, since the coroner has already declared the death to be of natural causes. Those calling for the cop to be done for murder are just using a small incident, blowing it out of proportion, and demonising their "enemy".
the small incident which lead to an innocent mans death? Too bloody right we are!!

And I bring forward a recent case, in which a man was beaten for giving chase to some car theifs, who he saw breaking into his sons car. he later died of a heart attack. The police report said that the injuries did not directly result in the heart attack, but they were still treating it as murder, because the stress of the situation was a cause. This case is NO different. this cop should face the same charges, because the blood of an innocent man is on his hands. It's plain and simple, in the eyes of the law.

and the mainstream media have been the ones whop've been twisting it to further their own agenda against "the enemy" (us,the people, who care enough to get up and say so)

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Let's wait for an inquiry then.

And when it reveals that the heart attack and the shove were unrelated, what will you do then? Another protest? Another attempt at lynching a man for something he didn't do simply because you hate him and his ilk?

Just wait for the goddamn trial before you call for the execution. Your views are irrelevant (as indeed are mine). Let the medical experts and lawyers figure this one out.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Demonising the enemy, isnt that what the police were doing in the run up to the protest.
Soulslayer, If there was some thug who had deliberatly & violently knocked your mum or dad etc to the ground in that manner in front of you & they died minutes later from a heart attack - how would you see it then?
Somehow i think you would want the guy jailed.
Anyhow, judging by the police chiefs comments this morning someone is going to be accountable in some way.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
it is absolutely outrageous, the guy was just going home for goodness sake but i don't know why the hell he walked that way for? he should of avoided it surly?, absolutely disgraceful, i reckon a police officer will be killed because of this if not several and it is murder because murder is when you make an assault which can cause a death, it is murder and he should be trailed.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Let's wait for an inquiry then.

And when it reveals that the heart attack and the shove were unrelated, what will you do then? Another protest? Another attempt at lynching a man for something he didn't do simply because you hate him and his ilk?

Just wait for the goddamn trial before you call for the execution. Your views are irrelevant (as indeed are mine). Let the medical experts and lawyers figure this one out.
When the coroners report (which was nearly done and dusted within 48 hours of the event, for the polices convinience) shows that he died of natural causes, too right we'll call for something else. It's blatent to anyone with an ounce of sense, that these actions were pretty much 100% the cause of ian Tomlinsons death. Note how only a few of you on here, hold your views. maybe that's because you automaticly side with the police, I don;t know. But nobody else does. We can all see that these scum are at fault, the kettling tactics are at fault. and it's not the first time they've done this.

Remember the battle of the beanfield? that's something I vividly remember, even though Iwas only about 7 years old, watching it on the news. But I can still remember the images of brutality I saw. The old bill have form, and it's about time they were pulled up on it. NO EXCUSE.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Stephen Moss (writer for guardian) just put this up

When the Guardian offered this astonishing footage to the BBC News at 6, apparently the response was "No thanks, we're not covering this, we see it as just a London story." Great news sense down there at TV Centre.

Brilliant work by Paul Lewis to pull apart the Met's web of lies. Now let's hope the new commissioner will set about changing this masonic, closed-ranks culture ... or is that wild optimism on my part? A police force that lies through is teeth is, in effect, no police force at all.

BBC nazi supporting scum.

"Just a London story"? Well it's never stopped the BBC before. I often wonder whether half of the BBC think that beyond the M25 lies some weird limbo land where nothing really happens (of much importance). The BBC couldn't be more London-centric if it tried.

British Broadcasting Corporation? More like British Broadcasting #s.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Essentially what you're saying is that you have no respect for the legal infrastructure in this country. (Anarchism?)

If what you want is a lynching, then go and attempt it.

Discussion is moot if you have no respect for the verdict of medical experts.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Essentially what you're saying is that you have no respect for the legal infrastructure in this country. (Anarchism?)

There's a difference between having no respect for the legal infrastructure we actually have in this country and having no respect for any kind of legal infrastructure, surely?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If what you want is a lynching, then go and attempt it.

Discussion is moot if you have no respect for the verdict of medical experts.
Nope, I have no respect for those who uphold the supposed legal infrastructure in this country WHEN those who are supposed to uphold it, go directly against it and start attacking innocent bystanders.

This was a peaceful protest on the whole, and the police reaction to it was WAY over board, and totally not needed. If you can't see it, then maybe you should get yourself to a protest, to see that it's juts normal people who are angry at those in charge. It's not a load of hippies and violent anarchists, like the media have told you. Stop believeing what the mainstream media tell you, they are proven liars.

here's another article which states that the policing was dangerously wrong.
www.guardian.co.uk...

yet you still defend it soulslayer. Are you a cop by chance?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yep the double standard is beyond belief, if that was a normal person who did that you can be sure the police would be after them for murder.

The policeman should be locked up, in prison for the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If only the police had a little more respect for the public who pay their wages through taxes.

Maybe a little training too.
It states(changed again) He hit him on the back of his legs with his baton.Then the man fell to the ground.

A friend of mine's sister died after what appeared to be a simple leg injury after a bike crash.

A blood clot traveled from her leg to her heart and that was that.

I wonder if the cop considers this kind of possibility before attacking people with their backs turned and hands in their pockets.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
again, something else that shows that the police should be held accountable.

and in this picture, it definatly seems like Ian has a big bruise on the side of his face.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

How is it that you people are ignoring the fact that he sits up and even walks in front of the camera later on.

So what? The trauma of the incident had still begun to take it's toll on him. Many, MANY people get up and walk around after a serious accident and then die a few minutes later. Emergency care people are trained to make the person stay down and keep them from going into shock. But they were not there and he got up.....big deal. If you were treated like that by a gang of thugs you would also be traumatized. You are an insensitive blank, blank,blank....I wish I could say what I think of your attitude on here.

The fact that he had a heart attack later on during the day was nothing more than a coincidence.

Sorry, I won't fall for your spin. The guy collapsed on the street a few minutes later......your use of the words"later on during the day" are seriously misleading.

His death had nothing to do with that push. If he were having a heart attack, he would not be sitting there idly, nor walking in front of the camera moments later.

He didn't have the heart attack until a few minutes after he walked in front of the camera. The trauma of the incident caused the heart attack. Spin it however you want with your flawed perceptual screen, but that cop caused the guys death.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
After being at the riots that day , I didn't witness this particular incident, but I noticed most of the 'riot' police wore not only the helmets but also balaclava's as well to 'protect' their identity.
I can't help but think there'll be a public outcry and wholesale condemnation of the Police , but the Officer who did the battering will not be found, none of his colleagues will come forward to give a name , and sooner or later it'll disappear into the mists of history.
Why else have very small identity numbers on their jackets and lapels and why wear a mask?
They know the cameras are crap and they'll simply stick together saying things like " it was a tough decision and a spur of the moment situation, there was anarchy , police were under attack constantly , Police shouldn't be accountable for their actions when 'under attack'"

I think when they issue the Police with their uniforms ANY jacket should have in very large writing their numbers on display, that way any infraction done by them can be identifiable to the public.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
After being at the riots that day , I didn't witness this particular incident, but I noticed most of the 'riot' police wore not only the helmets but also balaclava's as well to 'protect' their identity.
I can't help but think there'll be a public outcry and wholesale condemnation of the Police , but the Officer who did the battering will not be found, none of his colleagues will come forward to give a name , and sooner or later it'll disappear into the mists of history.
Why else have very small identity numbers on their jackets and lapels and why wear a mask?
They know the cameras are crap and they'll simply stick together saying things like " it was a tough decision and a spur of the moment situation, there was anarchy , police were under attack constantly , Police shouldn't be accountable for their actions when 'under attack'"

I think when they issue the Police with their uniforms ANY jacket should have in very large writing their numbers on display, that way any infraction done by them can be identifiable to the public.
2 of the policemen in the FIT team are identifiable. They will have no option but to give their version of events. One of the names of the policemen has been published already. (I'll see if I can find the related link, but there've been so many it might take a while)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The ones that are identifiable will simply say " Sorry , there was so much going on we can't remember who did what".

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I think my/our views are relevant. We don't have to wait for anything to voice our opinion. The cop pushed the guy to the pavement. He obviously hit is head when he hit the ground. The cop had no reason to do it. They guy was NOT a threat. The cop IS an A_Hole first class. It's manslaughter, and it's caught on video. End of Story pal.

I actually like to see people like you express their views on this. It shows how utterly ignorant some people are.

[edit on 8/4/09 by John Matrix]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join