It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm? The guy seemed perfectly healthy and coherent one minute then got pushed to the ground and a while later had a heart attack. Smells like he was injected with one of those untraceable heart stopping drugs to me.

Well, that's just my conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Back to the subject matter. The video has been released, and it's f#ing shocking. Anyone who isn't disgusted by this isn't human.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Deny that pigs, and all on here who defend them. GO ON

That cop needs a talking to, and I'm referring to the kind of talk done with the back of the hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The way he went down so hard onto his front could have done the damage as far as his heart is concerned. He was a fairly biggish bloke and their is a lot of pressure on your internal organs in a fall like that. He could have fell a dozen times and been fine but it only takes an idiot copper shoving you like that to fall awkwardly to cause major problems as i think we have seen here. dont forget his hands were in his pockets and he prob didnt get them to an ideal position to protect himself (which comes naturally).
I bet the post mortem will bring this out - as long as it isnt hushed over and changed to natural causes.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

More like the end of a baseball bat.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by John Matrix

More like the end of a baseball bat.

Ya, a good ole made in the USA Louisville Slugger would do the trick. Give him a ticket to the hopsital so he has some down time to think about changing his bully cop methods of handling people. Fight fire with fire. I learned at a young age that bullies understand a kick in the nackers.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I see on this uk police forum they are all patting themselves on the back for good policing and dodging the facts.
Its a good place to find out what they really think of us.
Apparently the protesters were all unemployed tree hugging dossers, out for a fight.
www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just checked out the police forum, pretty disgusting really how they have adopted a them versus us mentality but obvouisly they are right because they have authority uniforms and the law on their side

One of the comments made was "funny how the marches started at 11 couldnt be bothered to get out of bed" or something along those lines shows the mentality your dealing with here i really hope somebody gets prosocuted for this mess

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Doesn't surprise me. The other video posted on ATS about the police breaking up the Climate Camp to pin everyone into tight areas, clearly shows the abuse the police used on innocent protesters. Men and women alike where hit in the head with baton, slammed in the face with the rims of the shields, hell, it's a wonder only one person died.

I certainly hope to see some criminal charges, and a few resignations with this story..

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I know what you mean about those shields, they are more of a weopon than for defence. If not then why havent they stuck with the big clear rectangular ones that just closed up against one another?
This whole incident stinks & there is nothing we can do about it.
If you protest peacefully, your picture is taken, you risk arrest on some trumped up charges or worse injury or death.
And in the end of the day peaceful protest is going to get us nowhere imo, they arent bothered what we think or want, were irrevlevent to them.
It needs a bloody revolution to turn this country around & i cannot see that happening cos most folks dont want to miss eastenders or would rather go out on the lash.
Just imagine the impact we could have if we could get all the fri/sat night rowdies who usually give the filth a hard time in one place together!
Now that would be a riot

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Ah, the ever reliable Prison Planet and the oh so law abiding, no axe-to-grind protestors "giving evidence". Lets take this with a pinch of salt...

If they saw something, they should make a complaint as if they had seen any other crime being committed. The IPC would then conduct an investigation and prosecute anyone responsible.

As it happens, the IPC have been engaged, so I think I will hold off on my judgement before berating the Police who, despite a few ugly scenes caused by "anarchists" throwing stuff, actually managed to peacefully police the G20 summit.

You do know these "peaceful protestors" were actually throwing projectiles at the Police whilst they tried to save the mans life? Just remember that...

Yes like they are going to turn themselves in !

You can't honestly believe your own words can you?

sry if you do.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Having seen the video on the Guardian website I think it's enough for certain police officers to be prosecuted, at the very least suspended without pay pending an inquiry. It was quite clear the guy was not a problem and to have that bully push him violently from behind like that was utterly unacceptable.

They'll probably say Tomlinson gave them some lip before the video clip and made threats to try and justify their "response" and likely get away with it.
Any inquiry will be a whitewash, as with the Jean Charles de Menezes case, and they'll make a statement about training and lessons being learned, then move on to the next poor sod!

An assault like that leading to needless stress and heart failure is manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I watched the video as well.

How is it that you people are ignoring the fact that he sits up and even walks in front of the camera later on.

The fact that he had a heart attack later on during the day was nothing more than a coincidence.

While it may have been an overreaction by the cop to violently push him out of the way... I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. The cops were in a very tense situation and needed to create a cordon line. Then here comes some drunk man stumbling in front of them, refusing to move out of the way. The kind thing to do would have been to gently take him aside, but in the heat of the situation, none of us know that we wouldn't have just shoved him out of the way.

His death had nothing to do with that push. If he were having a heart attack, he would not be sitting there idly, nor walking in front of the camera moments later.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
you can have a heart attack from an impact, hours after he impact occurs. And his only crime was walking away (which he was) from the police officers, with his back turned to them, with his hands in his pockets. And this is reportedly the second time he was hit/shoved over. So he may well have been a little groggy, and wobbly on his feet from that.

So, you condone the attack because ian Tomlinson was - walking a bit too slowly? He deserved to be struck with a batton and shoved over so hard that he cracks his head, because he walks a little too slowly? Wow, I'm glad I don;t live in your world, and I'm glad your not a copper on these things, there'd be many more deaths if you were if you think that you'd do the same. if someone DARES to walk infront of you.

these pigs are going down, and if they don't, there will be massive public unrest.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
none of us know that we wouldn't have just shoved him out of the way.

Speak for yourself.

There are many of us here who know exactly what we wouldn't do in a situation like that. Many of us would never allow ourselves to be in such a position as these officers were.

That you say you might have done as the perpetrators is quite telling as to the kind of individual you are.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
I watched the video as well.

How is it that you people are ignoring the fact that he sits up and even walks in front of the camera later on.

The fact that he had a heart attack later on during the day was nothing more than a coincidence.

Happens all the time. My father nearly died of a heart attack after a fall earlier in the day caused an internal bruise and subsequent blood clot that traveled to the heart, not to mention the stress level of the event.

While it may have been an overreaction by the cop to violently push him out of the way... I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. The cops were in a very tense situation and needed to create a cordon line. Then here comes some drunk man stumbling in front of them, refusing to move out of the way. The kind thing to do would have been to gently take him aside, but in the heat of the situation, none of us know that we wouldn't have just shoved him out of the way.

I don't remember seeing any other reports of him being drunk, but that is irrelevent anyway. He was assaulted by police officers which likely caused his death, end of story. There was no call whatsoever for this assault except maybe he wasn't walking as fast as the police wanted him to.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

All that shows is your naiveity. None of us know conclusively how we would actually respond under those circumstances.

We are all paragons of virtue... until the test.

In a way I suppose you are right. I'm not a very nice person... I wouldn't tolerate someone staggering in front of me when I'm trying to cordon off a crowd.

reply to post by Britguy

That's a fair point, but how could that be proved? If the coroner has cleared it, then the issue is over isn't it?

If you don't trust the coroner's verdict, then no inquiry is likely to suffice. What you really want is the officer to be jailed, just because of a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

The police man sould go to jail, because if ANYONE else caused a death like this, they would have to face up to the consiquence of their actions. It's called accountability. This guy died minutes after the assault, I'm in no doubt that this was caused directly by the assault he suffered from the nazi police. They should not be protected just becuase they are police, they are also people, who should be held responsible for their actions. Spouting rubbsih like "he was drunk so he deserved it" is utterly stupid, and is both speculation, and irrelevent to how the police acted.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The video evidence makes it quite clear he was walking away from officers and was assaulted, plain and simple, and there is no excuse for that. He wasn't confronting them or acting in any way that justified the assault - this was simple bullying and should not be tolerated by anyone. Police senior officers are going to have a hard time making a case for this action.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What crowd?
It looked to me like there was plenty of open space around them and they werent in a line across the street.
The cop was prob miffed cos he was walking slower than he had ordered him too (after recieving a baton swipe once to the head according to witnesses).
That and he was desperate to get stuck in and had been put on a crappy quiet corner instead of in the thick of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I've never seen hypocrisy on this scale!

So when I say the man is obviously drunk, its "speculation".

But when you say you are 100% confident that the policeman's shove caused a heart attack, its the undeniable truth?

All I am saying is, the coroner has decided that the death was by natural causes. If you refute the findings, then there is nothing within the legal system which will appease you.

The policeman is innocent until proven guilty. How do you plan on showing guilt for culpable homicide? Can you, or indeed anyone, prove that the shove directly resulted in the heart attack?

Why is it categorically impossible for it to have been a coincidence for the man to have a heart attack on the same day as being shoved?

There are too many variables for you to come out and state that the policeman is a nazi pig, who deserves death or imprisonment.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join