It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
never mind

[edit on 10-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by John Matrix

Tomlinson would have been much better off if he had either stayed at home, sought tempoary shelter in a pub or restaurant or remained in his place of work.

It wasnt possible to leave even for a protestor like me who was part of it, thats why the trouble happened in the first place because they squeezed us together in a kettle. he was trying to get home but trust me it was impossible to get anywhere that day i know this because when i first got to the protests that day at about 1.30 it was impossible to get into the main protest

it took me a couple hours to find my way to threadneedle/cornhill? street that ian was on , then they locked us all in.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am just looking through the videos on youtube for "evidence" on this video you can see Ian Tomlinson right at the start on the right hand side.
I am posting it here to keep track. Filmed at 19.21 according to the author.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

aha another video i was close to the person filming! that american guy with the megaphone was making me laugh all day he said some seriously funny comments?

were you there when like 8 cops got seperated from their line and he said

"you are sorounded put your weapons on the floor and come out with your hands up" it made my day

i just realised how i came across him i was at the line further down the road and ran back to where i saw the dogs. starting to peice it together now

check out DAVEHIGHBURY on youtube some good videos from where we was keep digging man good work!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just wanted to mention in case no has already that there is a video of this guy getting assaulted by police. I saw some posts in the beginning where folks didn't believe he was really attacked.
www.guardian.co.uk...

I think the OP should post some videos at the beginning for everyone to see.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When have we had enough? When do we start bringing our own riot shields and batons to protests, if for nothing else protection.

I think that would be pretty intimidating, a group of protesters, lined just like police, all with helmets, home made shields and batons.

It reminds me of the civil war, seeing photos of incredibly long lines of soldiers on either side, just lining up, staring each other down, before the first shot fired.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Well, they already hate when non-cops wear bullet proof vests and in fact if you are charged with anything they add additional charges from wearing one. I could just see people bringing shields, helmets and batons to a protest being arrested for having deadly weapons and using shields in the commission of a crime (such as protecting themselves) etc.

The fact is there is no level playing field and if you attempt to level the playing field you will be considered a criminal and they will multiply the charges, so instead of a few days community service and fines you will be doing serious time.

Interesting that my local news (Seattle) is now airing reports about the woman who was struck in the legs by another G20 cop.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
He didn't die from a heart attack after all, rather an abdominal haemorrhage . The officer has been interviewed under caution on suspicion of manslaughter after new tests overturned the cause of Ian Tomlinson's death.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have someone from the IPCC coming to interview me next week and a friend told me that he saw me on the BBC news tonight with Ian Tomlinson after his first attack. Does anyone know where this footage came from or has a link please. It would be very helpful to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

They probably would prefer you to talk from memory and not from the film of the event.

Just try to be truthful and tell them everything you saw.

But i would advise against watching the vids, if you are a witness.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I hear what you are saying. It's just been a while since the event and I wanted to be clear. The BBC footage apparently shows me picking him up after the first attack. I have my own footage and I was starting to compile a diary of events with stills and video.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm glad the investigation appears to be going ahead unhindered and there does not appear to be a cover-up being perpetrated, as some here expected.

It actually seems as if the system is working.

The officer is facing the possibility of charges, another is being investigated for more violence and the Police are under pressure to review their tactics. This might actually change Police behaviour in the future.

link   
Here is my footage of the riot police that first assaulted Ian Tomlinson. Ian was facing the police line with his back towards a police van when two or three officers broke the line, bounded forwards and pushed Ian to the pavement then proceded to manhandle him down the road. The photographs and the video do not show the initial attack but plenty of people witnessed it. I am the guy with the bike. Sorry the picture is an external link for some reason and I can't upload it to ATS.

link   
EDIT: Double post.... Sorry

[edit on 17/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I'm glad the investigation appears to be going ahead unhindered and there does not appear to be a cover-up being perpetrated, as some here expected.

It actually seems as if the system is working.

I'd love to share your optimism,but it would have been nice to have seen the officers who stood and watched their colleague come forward first..

Or even to have prevented/apprehended the thug themselves after the unprovoked assault.

Or the coroners report to have been fully legit..

Or the incident to have been investigated without the need for outside video evidence..

Or the confiscation of other pictures and videos on the day not to have been required.

I'd say the system blows large,baby sized chunks TBH.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The criminalisation of political dissent in Britain

Since the start of April, some 300 people have been arrested and detained in just three police operations. The vast majority of these were rounded up in two of these operations, both focusing on a supposed threat to “public order”.

Maintaining public order is now a pseudonym for the criminalising of political dissent.

Even before the G20 summit of world leaders began in London, five people were arrested in Plymouth under the Terrorism Act, reportedly accused of possessing “material relating to political ideology”.

All were released without charge, but the fact that political activism is considered a criminal offence in 21st century Britain was subsequently writ large on the streets of the capital.

Beginning April 1, a massive police operation was set in place around the G20 summit. Hundreds of people, legally exercising their right to protest, were “kettled”—forcibly held behind police cordons for up to seven hours—in the side streets of central London.

It was behind one of these cordons that Ian Tomlinson—attempting to make his way home after work—was attacked from behind by a baton-wielding masked police officer. He died moments later.

Eyewitness accounts, video footage and photo stills provide conclusive proof that the police’s attack against Tomlinson was par for the course during the protests.

The police actions had nothing to do with ensuring “public safety”. If anything, they constituted a deliberate attempt to provoke disorder as the pretext for further repression. This is underscored by evidence of plain-clothes officers armed with batons striking out at demonstrators, as well as the participation of the Territorial Support Group—a special quasi-paramilitary police unit which was involved in several of the most publicised incidents, and whose identification numbers were concealed.

For good reason, the government attempted to ensure that its “public order” policy would not see the light of day. While police now routinely photograph and demand the identification and addresses of people taking part in lawful demonstrations, watching the watchers is illegal in New Labour’s Orwellian dystopia.

Less than one month before the protests, section 76 of the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 came into force, providing for the arrest and imprisonment of anyone taking photographs of police officers.

In one instance during the G20 protests, recorded on camera, police officers instructed photographers and news crews to leave the vicinity within 30 minutes or face arrest.

This in a country whose population is now one of the most heavily surveilled in the world. The UK has the greatest concentration of closed circuit TV cameras per head of population. Moreover, without any parliamentary debate let alone public consent, recent legislation has compelled all Internet service providers to retain data from emails and website visits for up to one year. Details of phone calls and text messages can be similarly stored, and made available to the government and other official agencies.

As if such powers were not enough for police to be aware of the movements of any potentially “significant” individuals, on April 13, police in Nottingham carried out the unprecedented “pre-emptive” arrests of 114 people. No crime had been committed. The arrests were made purely on the basis that the police “suspected” a plan by environmentalists to target a power station in Nottingham. While no charges have as yet been made, the arrests were used to mount a trawling operation, raiding homes and seizing personal papers and computers.

In between the London and Nottingham operations, police in the north-west of England mounted major “anti-terror” raids, involving dozens of armed officers. Twelve men, mainly foreign students, were detained as part of what was claimed to be an operation against an imminent terrorist attack.

Once again no charges have been made.

Link

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Source: Ahmenra2012 « UPDATE: Ian Tomlinson WAS Killed By Police At G20

Internal Bleeding Killed G20 Victim

A second post mortem has revealed that Ian Tomlinson, the man who collapsed just minutes after being shoved by police during last month's G20 demonstrations, died from internal bleeding. Sky's Joey Jones reports.

Source: SuperstitionAdd « Ian Tomlinson Police Brutality G20 April 1st

Screen Video capure from the Guardian website -
www.guardian.co.uk...
I have put this up just in case it is forcibly taken down from the Guardian wbsite by our so called authorities.
It shows what was done to Ian Tomlinson by police at the G20 protests in london on April the 1st, prior to his death.
It has no sound as I could not capture it for some reason but chase up the original to listen.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

According to a Lib Dem MP, the police were using undercover police officers, who were encouraging the crowd to throw the projectiles. Absolutely disgraceful if this turns out to be true. This country has gone to the dogs.

G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds'

An MP who was involved in last month's G20 protests in London is to call for an investigation into whether the police used agents provocateurs to incite the crowds.

Liberal Democrat Tom Brake says he saw what he believed to be two plain-clothes police officers go through a police cordon after presenting their ID cards.

Brake, who along with hundreds of others was corralled behind police lines near Bank tube station in the City of London on the day of the protests, says he was informed by people in the crowd that the men had been seen to throw bottles at the police and had encouraged others to do the same shortly before they passed through the cordon.

Brake, a member of the influential home affairs select committee, will raise the allegations when he gives evidence before parliament's joint committee on human rights on Tuesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
One thing I just could not understand is why the police prevented people from leaving the area for a period of time. Why would they have done that? Does anyone have the answer?

If anyone attempts to prevent me from leaving a place, or hems me in; then I become like any caged animal - ready to fight my way out - its a claustrophobia thing.

Precisely. This is an EU tactic imported to the British Police called 'kettling' - the analogy is hilarious and blatantly points to their intent to incite violence and disorder. When you BOIL A KETTLE, it GETS HOT and BUILDS UP PRESSURE.

The British Police force is the best in the bloody world; no water guns, no tear gas. Professional civilian policing. The original and the best. I was in the middle of the 'kettle', and whilst some officers were downright twats, I think the overall conduct of the police was exemplary. That said, there were a lot of oddities and evidence to suggest that their ORDERS were not so pure. They blatantly allowed people to vandalise RBS, and the 'kettling' procedure is a worrying development. There was plenty of evidence to suggest they were trying to invoke a riot; many people noticed the RBS 'vandals' walking calmly through police lines after attacking the Bank. This is not the fault of the ordinary bobbies, but those giving the orders. The average cop probably didn't understand or think to question the insidious nature of any such order.

British police - the original police - are a lightly armed civilian force, in contrast to the paramilitary nutcases you see on the continent. Policing is a British concept that other nations haven't quite grasped.

However, Labour and the EU want to change this. We already have tazers on some officers (something completely barbaric and unBritish), and now we're beginning to see heavily kitted-out officers employing paramilitary tactics to deal with protest. Come Lisbon, the Europol can be drafted in to deal with protests - and believe me, this would NOT be pretty.

Gordon Brown and his cabinet are high traitors. Nothing less. We MUST stop Labour, the faux-Tories and the EU.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by FMLuder]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by stumason

According to a Lib Dem MP, the police were using undercover police officers, who were encouraging the crowd to throw the projectiles. Absolutely disgraceful if this turns out to be true. This country has gone to the dogs.

G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds'

An MP who was involved in last month's G20 protests in London is to call for an investigation into whether the police used agents provocateurs to incite the crowds.

Liberal Democrat Tom Brake says he saw what he believed to be two plain-clothes police officers go through a police cordon after presenting their ID cards.

Brake, who along with hundreds of others was corralled behind police lines near Bank tube station in the City of London on the day of the protests, says he was informed by people in the crowd that the men had been seen to throw bottles at the police and had encouraged others to do the same shortly before they passed through the cordon.

Brake, a member of the influential home affairs select committee, will raise the allegations when he gives evidence before parliament's joint committee on human rights on Tuesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This was happening in the 1960s anti Vietnam war marches, and I bet the technique is older than Jesus. Whatever the type of government, none of them can resist stirring the pot to make their "enemies" look bad.

Anyone organising a demonstration has a responsibility to have an ample squad of mature people who will pick out these government plants, physically surround them, and gently prevent them from carrying out their plans.

Getting a point across well takes courage, wit, careful planning, and a knowledge of your "enemy".

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join