It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Maybe he couldn't run due to medical conditions that may have contributed to the heart attack

thats certainly a point.

but selling Newspapers in a busy london street is dam hard work, not somthing to be done with a dodgy ticker! imo

I don't assume too much, I make a very valid point. theres a pretty good chance he was being an ass.

But does that deserve him to be hit and pushed to the ground? NO!

but I don't think mr Tomlinson was as inocent as were all making out. he wasent "just minding his own buisness"

maybe thats what I'm trying to say.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by TrentReznor]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It seems to me that there are a lot of naive people here that believe what they were taught at school, that the police have our best interests at heart. That if we have a problem we must go to them. Those of us that have put those theories to the test know that it's not always the case. I suspect the treatment you receive depends on your class and stature.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well....here's my message for those police officers that don't have a conscience...and think they are above the law.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Komodo]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
but I don't think mr Tomlinson was as inocent as were all making out. he wasent "just minding his own buisness"

maybe thats what I'm trying to say.

I guess you never saw the video of him walking away from the thugs and being wacked in the legs with a baton and then pushed heavily to the street.

Ya, sure, he wasn't innocent, and your not a moron. I guess his crime was not walking fast enough and having his hands in his pockets.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
wow ,how horribly unnecessary. I'm usually behind officers in supposed cases of "police brutality" ,but THIS is disgusting.

What the man wasnt walking fast enough, they have to asp him behind the knee, AND it looks like he took a stun Shield to his back, and right side. That could have easily lead to heart palpitations.

Horrible.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Enough is enough - people are talking about this being the 'start of something' - no way - one death is already way too much.

We have to stand up and let the police know they have gone too far.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When are people going to start doing unto them as they do unto us. Then this crap would stop in a hurry.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
for all of you wondering how one shove, actrually two, there's an officer on our leftm the victims right holding a shield. Look at that shiel. It has wiring, and eletrical pads. They are called Stun shields.

The nes carryine these stun guns on Roids are the police wearing masks to hide thier identity; go figure.

So do you think being hit with two overpowered stun shield may have lead to heart problems moments later?

I do.

Sorry but non protesting near 50 year old working men, with hands in pockets just dont walk as fast as an 8 man patrol of officers with 2 canines, and 2 super huge stun shields. Does that give them the right to basically put a bullet in his head?

Also why hasn't the offeding officer been named? If this was the US, badge # and name would have been in the first paragraph in the first article about the incedent.

I suggest, you Brits try getting your own 2nd amendment. Or this incidents will become more and more frequent, and the civilian death toll will pile up.

Rocks and bottles dont do much.

Research some better easy to make home made weapons you can use against murdering masked police.

and good luck my friends.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag
Enough is enough - people are talking about this being the 'start of something' - no way - one death is already way too much.

We have to stand up and let the police know they have gone too far.
We're going to on saturday.

If anyone sees any footage of this saturdays protest against brutality, and hears this song being sung, then it's me.

Let us march let us march under sunny skies above
don't kettle us in
Let us protest in this democratic country that we love
Don't kettle us in
As we're walking on by like a summers breeze
Don't beat us up with your batons please
We're peaceful people and we're on our knees
Don't kettle us in!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

i dont think they are stun shields, what i saw and i got pretty close to them
the plastic was on the outside- the metal inside surely if it was to carry a charge then the metal would be on the outside?

its true the rocks and bottles didnt do nothing much at all, but what can you do? you cant go in your own riot gear you'd be arrested as some were on the day for doing that

and just to clear it up the balaclava's were for officers working in and around central london nice little conveniance their huh, we cant film them its illegal but its ok for them to hide faces?

also it was near impossible on the day to get numbers i know on normal police its on shoulder but where is it on those in riot gear?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Sorry but non protesting near 50 year old working men, with hands in pockets just dont walk as fast as an 8 man patrol of officers with 2 canines, and 2 super huge stun shields. Does that give them the right to basically put a bullet in his head?

I agree. Electroshock can kill anyone with a heart condition and even the person with the heart condition may not know they have one. It may not happen instantly either. There are cases where the person died a day after from heart failure (abnormal heart beat caused by the tazer).

I agree, Also, I noticed the guy first moved to the side, probably not realizing there was a wide wall of thugs behind him and thinking by going to the side he would let them past, then he sees they are still behind him and not going around him, so he starts to move forward instead of to the side, that's when officer first class A_Hole(that's his nickname BTW) deliberately takes a few steps over from the right side of the frame to attack the man from behind like the coward he is.

This is a very upsetting thread, and I hope the mods are sensitive to this fact. I am doing all I can to keep my cool when faced with some of the foolish comments made by officer A_Hole supporters.

[edit on 8/4/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
the SH crew were arrested for wearing imitation police riot gear (and for having an armoured vehicle, but that was legal so they needed another excuse
)

Nothing about not taking your own protection. Hard hats, padding under your clothes ect. Best protection is lots of people with lots of cameras.

edit to go off topic, posting this made me go onto the space hijackers website and watch a video which brings back some proper funny memories

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They have new video of the policeman hitting the man with a batton.

here

www.channel4.com...

so thats murder, is it not. there is camera fiootgae of the man walking away and the police hitting the man with a stick, so i wonder will that man be sent to jail now. This man is a symbol of all police. Murderer.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ya, you can really see officer A_Hole is required to step way out of his way to get the guy, and he really got into a good pushing stance to put the full force of his baton into whacking the guys leg and then the force of his weight into the guy's back to knock him down. This video gives a good perspective to demonstrate how deliberate his moves were. That cop has to go down for this, if not, I suspect some rioting that will rival the Rodney King riots of LA.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well we now know the guy was left handed. What didn't surprise me was "several officers haven't still come forward".

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

they haven't got their stories straight yet, need a few more days to brush up on the finer points.

Anyone with any information, any eye witnesses. Please contact the Guardian News Desk. They've been handling this really well, and can give you pointers at the very least about what you should do with the information you have

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Even if he is identified he wont be convicted. That's the way the system works these days

What crap, no it isn't!

A policeman was convicted today of causing death by dangerous driving:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Recent FOI requests show that for Kent and Sussex forces alone show that over a two and half year period, 23 officers were arrested, 8 prosecuted and 2 jailed.

Given total manpower is 7,000 officers, thats 1 jailed for every 3,500.

Given stats for England and Wales show the general public are jailed, on average, at a rate of of 128 for every 100,000, which is 1.28 for every 1,000.

Given police officers are supposed to be well-bahaved that is a pretty high rate of conviction.

As for the rest of you bleeting there won't be an investigation, or that the the BBc won;t cover it, both claims have been proven quite wrong, haven't they?

Also, the Police Officer who did the push has come forward to the IPCC, so thats another baseless claim blown out the water...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If I remember correctly they arrested the teenager's friends at the scene because they were very distressed over the obvious death of their friend and then blamed the youths for the accident. Later, they closed ranks around the officer claiming he had done no wrong (after near-riots broke out in the area due to the police's actions over the incident). If the public hadn't have gone berserk there would have been no real inquiry.

All you have to do is look here on a police forum to have a glimmer of what they feel inside:

I do feel deeply sorry for the family of the deceased but I found a few facts about her quite alarming. She was only 16 years old out late at night and had been drinking. That is a recipe for disaster and she was already putting herself at a massive risk of being attacked or hurt. Little girls should not be drinking or wandering the streets at night.

However she was still putting herself at risk and this should be a message to other young men/women who shouldn't be wandering the street and consuming alcohol. The roads are dangerous enough at night as it is or at least they are round here and so many incidents involving young people in the area seem to have alcohol involved at some point.

my comment was made for the benefit of fellow police drivers. I'm sure we all have strayed from our training at times (emphasis added by me)

...etc. It makes me sick to my stomach really, they are apologists for any crime one of their own commits and will weasel their way out of any punishment if given a chance. Look how they justify it!

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

how many of those convictions are for murder? i saw the news tonight about the copper arrested for death by dangerous driving, i believe the only reason he was really prosecuted was because their was not enough space for him to wriggle out of it!

what about charles de menezes? they got away with that one pretty well lied about shouting warnings as well, how easy for them to say oh he was antagonizing us by not walking fast enough or there was to much going on

fact of the matter is the police acted way out of hand and now they should pay for it just like the rest of us would

would do you think would happen to me if at the protests i pushed a policeman over and he died of a heart attack 5 minutes later? he wouldnt have touched the floor and i would have been in jail life sentence

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
how many of those convictions are for murder?

How many police officers murder people? That's not really much of a valid point without any kind of quantification.

I suppose you could compare murder rates of the general population and see what relevance your question has. Apparently, the murder rate is 1.14 PER 100,000 in the UK, so one would expect at least 1 policeman to be convicted of killing someone per year, if they behave the same as regular people. I can think of several cases over the past couple of years of Policeman being sent down for murder/manslaughter/causing death.

i saw the news tonight about the copper arrested for death by dangerous driving, i believe the only reason he was really prosecuted was because their was not enough space for him to wriggle out of it!

The IPCC officer in charge said himself that the Policemans behaviour and driving were unacceptable and could not be excused. The IPCC got a conviction, but still you seem to refuse that Police are punished when doing wrong. Yet, a simple search on Google can show you cases for every year of Police being convicted.

what about charles de menezes? they got away with that one pretty well lied about shouting warnings as well, how easy for them to say oh he was antagonizing us by not walking fast enough or there was to much going on

That I agree with you on. That whole thing was a farce, but I suspect there was alot of politics and heavy leaning coming from upon high (cabinet level) so as to not disgrace the Governments anti-terrorism policy......

fact of the matter is the police acted way out of hand and now they should pay for it just like the rest of us would

And I strongly suspect they will. There is enough public interest to ensure that Justice must be seen to work, even if you believe the system is broken.

would do you think would happen to me if at the protests i pushed a policeman over and he died of a heart attack 5 minutes later? he wouldnt have touched the floor and i would have been in jail life sentence

You wouldn't do life, at most you'd get 15 for manslaughter, but depending on the circumstances surrounding the death any number of outcomes could arise. An unprovoked assault may land you with a heavy conviction, but if the Policeman was in a tussle with you and you pushed him off, you'd likely only get a few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join