It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just made a thread with 79 photos showing the memorial at BOE for ian thomlinson their is some really moving photos their including some police lighting some candles for him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

any input would be appreciated

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There's been a lot of talk in the UK about possible riots through the summer this year - and the police are scared. That is no excuse to herd protesters like animals and bash them back with batons and shields. You don't respond like that to a few thrown water bottles and people shouting at you - in a supposedly civilised country.

They feared violence and used it against people who didn't actually pose a threat. That is not only stupid, but also incredibly cowardly. Anyone saying that the protesters were being provocative is just crazy. Shouting and shoving (mainly due to being trapped in by the police) is not unreasonable behavior. Beating a man who is walking away, hands in pockets most certifiably is unreasonable and downright malicious behavior.

As for Ian Tomlinson - I hope his family are granted justice. They have lost a husband and father for no reason, and locking this thug of a met officer up can never replace him but it would be a start.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Just made a thread with 79 photos showing the memorial at BOE for ian thomlinson their is some really moving photos their including some police lighting some candles for him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

any input would be appreciated

Lighting candles isn't going to bring him back or change the police conduct towards peaceful citizens.

At least fire the scumbag and tell the public all officers will be attending an extensive three month training session involving learning about the value of civil rights, human life, and some serious sensitivity training. Add in refresher courses for one week out of every year, where the cops can view video tapes of their peers bullying people and making errors. That would make a difference,

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
apparently, in 30 minutes, we're going to get some more footage from the incident.

Let's hope that it is just another nail in the coffin of the nazi cops.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
reply to post by thegear

How do you feel now mate? knowing that you just got shown evidence of the POLICE not letting the ambulance through, i love the way you comment when you wasnt their nor did you try and look for any evidence, believe me i was right there and their was a breif struggle BETWEEN protestors we got out wires crossed and was arguing amongst ourselves to let it through! so maybe you should change your statement to maybe the ambulance could of got there faster IF the POLICE let them through quicker

man i love youtube deny ignorance

I was just going to say "I stand corrected" I can admit I was mistaken.

Then this tool comes alone
So quick to judge, I bet you have never made a incorrect statement in your life. Ill take your advice and do a search....

You feel better now, that make everything ok mate....
seems like the police beat the wrong guy.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is the spring and summer of rage. More things like this will be surfacing.

Even if he were a protester, it is still downright DISGUSTING that he died there. I guess some of you forget that protesters are humans, too.

If it had been an officer who died, that would also be a tragedy.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Channel 4 is about to show some "exlusive footage" at 6.30pm (like, now) Tune in.

Link to video to follow when i have one.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There's a case in Oakland, Ca where an officer shot a young man who was already detained in cuffs and was compliant. There was video taken of the incident by other civilians. The officer who murdered this young man, has plead not guilty to his crime. People in Oakland have protested heavily, and if this cop walks free, I guarantee people are going to riot. Justice must be served.

I felt sick at my stomach after viewing the video of this man, minding his business, walking down the road and out of nowhere he is attacked by the rabid police. My heart goes out to his family. So unecessary, despicable, and sad.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thegear

yeah i was the one that was quick to judge, go back and read your post right after you said stop reading if you dont like rants remember? im not getting into an argument with some guy who wasnt even their on the day

apology accepted

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here's the channel 4 newly released footage, much shorter, and from the side/behind angle. You can't see much, but you can certainly see IT being struck quite hard with a truncheon.
www.channel4.com...

Also other footgae on this one
www.channel4.com...

edit cos I forgot the bloody link

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And for all those who think that it was just anarchists hell bent on trouble at this protest, this video gives a much better reflection of the sort of people who were there. So PLEASE can we stop the BS saying that it was a bunch of loony lefties, or soapdodging squatters and stuff. Cos here's proof that it wasn't like that.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilAxis
[This is why the police should be photographed. ]

This is exactly why the police have made it illegal to film them- a citizen's camera caught the moment of Ian's death, this unprovoked police assault on a citizen.

This should be the nail in the coffin of the 'don't film the police' law.

If not, then at least we know whose side the courts are on.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So, a few people in this thread have now grown a brain and realized that they were "ever so trusting" of the Police and actually completely WRONG!

So, the protesters weren't all "hippies with weird hair" and the police weren't "just doing their jobs". What a shock!

No one can argue that if this was caught on film by a random person, it was caught on CCTV, where's that evidence? And why have the Met maintained before this was released that they acted within the law and that they didn't attack anyone?
There were several officers around this pig when he charged, why didn't they come forward?

Truth? They thought they'd gotten away with murder. And they are as corrupt as every outspoken person has been saying all along.

THIS is why the Police in this country get a bad rap. And why many forces elsewhere receive the same suspicion; repeatedly it's proven that they are corrupt.

I have no doubt this officer will be let off with a caution, at worst. No CCTV evidence will ever be shown, and the accompanying officers will probably get off too, despite the fact they should be charged with obstruction and withholding evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
ha bath dodging iv heard that so many times its getting boring, i checked out the ukpoliceonline forums last night and alot of them are using the term too, but i need to know even if most of the protestors didnt have a wash what the flip has personal hygiene got to do with anything?

is that the best argument people can come up with? ah well they didnt have a wash so they cant have a valid argument can they?

and as for those pensioner protestors didnt you know? they are undercover anarchists they just want you to believe they are old and frail! soon the police move on to another weaker target BANG they get you with bottles haha

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Nice video, "Old Holborn" is quite correct and I love the people dancing to Shy FX & UK Apache's 'Original Nuttah' at 3:45 onwards.

Goes to show how peaceful these protests were, I get a feeling the next ones won't be.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This where I get flamed, but I can take it.

It would strongly appear to me that Ian Tomlinson was clearly provoking the riot police.

whilst I don't condone the actions of the police AT ALL.

why the hell did Mr tomkinson have his hands in his pockets with 6 or more riot pilice behind him telling him to move away and he was walking so slowly he might as well be standing still. he was ASKING for trouble lets face it.

anybody with half a brain would have just walked on. with haste!

unless of course he was provoking them????

Right at the very moment mr Tomlinson appears on the video he is facing the police, then turns away and ignores/blocks the police and dosen't get out of the way. whilst that might be fine and dandy in a normal situation, this dosen't apply in a "crowd control situation" he should have got the hell out of there.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

Yes he seemed to be defying them with his hands in his pockets peacefully going about his business but I expect he probably felt the same as the rest of us. There he is Standing around not causing any trouble and some bullied at school robocops with bad attitudes are shouting the odds, forcing protesters and bystanders alike around the streets of London for no good reason. Why should he run? He's not breaking any laws. These are our streets, we live in a free society. The police FAILED and they must pay.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

Maybe he couldn't run due to medical conditions that may have contributed to the heart attack? You assume far too much on far too little. Apparently he couldn't take his usual route home due to the police moving him on, either way does it justify having your leg smashed then pushed to the ground? How is taking a man down heavily going to make him move any faster? Surely it is going to have the opposite effect.

Did the punishment fit the crime?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thegear

You wrote: "seems like the police beat the wrong guy." Think about that! Are you serious? You are saying it would be OK for the police to beat the "right guy".

In fact, it is not OK for the police to beat anybody, whether the "wrong" guy or the "right" guy. They can make an arrest when justified. They are not the judge, jury, and executioner. Beating people isn't part of their job description.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I guess so yeah, I see what your saying.

he had every right to walk there at what ever pace he wanted to,

but somtimes you can't just do what you feel like, we don't live in a perfect world.
I wouldent have liked it either cops pushing me about.

but I would have bit my lip and just got on with it, not in a comply or die kinda way, but I accept that I would have needed to get out of the way so the police can do there job.

remember its not the pilice they were protesting to.

its common sence to move out of the way. rights or no rights.

the police were still way out of line though.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join