It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysts: NK Rocket Not Total Failure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Analysts: NK Rocket Not Total Failure

www.military.com

April 06, 2009
Associated Press

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea's rocket may have fallen into the sea, but military experts cautioned Monday against calling it a complete failure, noting that it traveled twice as far as any missile the country has launched.

Although the distance was still far short of showing North Korea could reach U.S. territory, it rattled the North's neighbors and countries around the globe, with the U.S. and its allies pushing for quick punishment at an emergency U.N. Security Council meeting held hours after liftoff.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well the world’s military and 1st world powers seem to be working to get as much mileage as possible out of North Korea’s failed satellite launch.

Assuming of course that it did fail, and we are not simply being told that as a fabrication for other reasons.

North Korea is a land of brutal poverty and political suppression. What would they possibly have to gain in attacking a country like Japan or the United States? They don’t have a large enough conventional military force to either make any real gains in such an undertaking or prevent a swift invasion of U.S. and South Korean Troops staged on their southern border on a war footing, stationed there in that high state of alert since the end of the Korean War.

We keep hearing watch out for Iran, North Korea, Pakistan etc. etc., yet there just does not seem to be any realistic threat from these countries.

Are these just ways to keep attention diverted from other more important news items like the Global Financial Crisis or a way to keep the Military Industrial Complex ever expanding and in business or both?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was just looking at the news about five minutes ago.

The "analysts" must have gotten a word from the White House not to undermine the "political outcry" by rendering the N. Korean missile test "a complete failure." Tech losers like the N. Koreans can hardly threaten a global security, as opposed to US "triple A" bonds infecting the veins of the global financial system. The devil knows the best how to protect itself.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was just looking at the news about five minutes ago.

The "analysts" must have gotten a word from the White House not to undermine the "political outcry" by rendering the N. Korean missile test "a complete failure." Tech losers like the N. Koreans can hardly threaten a global security, as opposed to US "triple A" bonds infecting the veins of the global financial system. The devil knows the best how to protect itself.

That sure is the truth. Here we are in an almost total state of ruin a dozen weapons systems and nations couldn't carry out but we carry on about these foolish things.

Great observation. Thanks for posting and sharing.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Like so much else, this does seem to be more smoke and mirrors. Has anyone seen anything in the MSM about what really happened at the G20 conference? I've been trying to pay attention, but it's like the conference never even took place. The news lately seems like a chain of strobe-stun grenades going off. A missile here, a shooting there, a bunch of meaningless random drivel there- what's really going on? It seems more and more like nobody is even trying anymore- or more accurately- it seems like we are being deliberately confused.

Although, on the subject of the North Korean missile, I don't believe for a second that the launch "failed". 100%- that missile was intercepted. We intercepted it, because of the minute possibility that it was an EMP attack. From a North Korean, technical perspective, the launch was a complete success. There was nothing wrong with that missile.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
Like so much else, this does seem to be more smoke and mirrors. Has anyone seen anything in the MSM about what really happened at the G20 conference? I've been trying to pay attention, but it's like the conference never even took place. The news lately seems like a chain of strobe-stun grenades going off. A missile here, a shooting there, a bunch of meaningless random drivel there- what's really going on? It seems more and more like nobody is even trying anymore- or more accurately- it seems like we are being deliberately confused.

Although, on the subject of the North Korean missile, I don't believe for a second that the launch "failed". 100%- that missile was intercepted. We intercepted it, because of the minute possibility that it was an EMP attack. From a North Korean, technical perspective, the launch was a complete success. There was nothing wrong with that missile.

It is like public oppinion no longer matters or factors in when it comes to the G-20 and the Bailouts, they meet and convene making their decisions in a defacto way, even though there is supposed to be some democratic process involved they scarcely even pay lip service to anymore.

Then they bombard us with these international intriques that have little meaning or bearing on our day to day lives like the G-20 and the legislation flying out of congress these days, quicker than the representatives can even read it.

Has anyone even seen Kim Jung II recently? I wonder what really drives all this North Korean nonsense that all these years later we have so many troops at such an expense stationed on their border.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did shoot it down and intercept it. It seems to me also they are looking night and day for something to kick off a bigger and wider war than the two we already have going?

Thanks for the great post.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

There was no reason to intercept it. The North Koreans haven't even tested a nuclear weapon, let alone developed a warhead for the missile.

As for the test of COURSE it wasn't a total failure. The only other test that they launched only lasted 40 seconds, and never got near stage separation.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by moonwilson

There was no reason to intercept it. The North Koreans haven't even tested a nuclear weapon, let alone developed a warhead for the missile.

As for the test of COURSE it wasn't a total failure. The only other test that they launched only lasted 40 seconds, and never got near stage separation.

It would seem they are getting a little more profecient.

At this rate they could be a threat by 2199 or there abouts?

What's your estimate?

Thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's just about been unwritten US Foreign Policy since 1960 to overplay and exaggerate the threat of independent ballistic missile launches to US National Security.

From Cuba, to Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, it's one of the banes of US Foreign Policy to assure the public that even during times of peace, war could only be minutes away.

Obviously action must be taken RIGHT now otherwise by the 500th attempt, N. Korea actually may develop a working ICBM and after that they could well demonstrate a successful fission event, to weaponize that ICBM.

Let's all fall for the same rhetoric used to justify Iraq, Afghanistan and a potential conflict with Iran, and believe that N. Korea possesses a viable threat to the world.

Infallible logic.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
It's just about been unwritten US Foreign Policy since 1960 to overplay and exaggerate the threat of independent ballistic missile launches to US National Security.

From Cuba, to Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, it's one of the banes of US Foreign Policy to assure the public that even during times of peace, war could only be minutes away.

Obviously action must be taken RIGHT now otherwise by the 500th attempt, N. Korea actually may develop a working ICBM and after that they could well demonstrate a successful fission event, to weaponize that ICBM.

Let's all fall for the same rhetoric used to justify Iraq, Afghanistan and a potential conflict with Iran, and believe that N. Korea possesses a viable threat to the world.

Infallible logic.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

It's pretty frightening and costly logic.

I noticed when the Main Stream Media was talking about who had ICBM capabilities Israel was absent from that pack.

I wonder if that is true. I also wonder why this same level of panic wasn't applied when Israel developed a nuclear program.

I think nuclear weapons for all intents and purposes are paper tigers, it would pretty much take an end of the world scenario for someone to chance using them. I don't see the harm or the level of concern being worth the diversions and the cost.

Thanks for posting my friend.

new topics

top topics

join