Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The price of gold is dropping like a rock, what are 'their' intentions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

A Futures Contract for gold can be, essentially, an order for gold. You're just locking in the price, now, rather than paying for what it's going to be selling at X months from now. Hence, futures contract. Investors trade futures all the time, buying a contract for however much gold at 900$ an oz today, hoping it will be selling for 940$ an oz a few months from now. The same thing happens with oil, pork bellies, rice (in Asia), or any commodity.

If futures contracts stop being delivered, the world is so screwed anyways, gold will be utterly worthless. The kind of synario where futures contracts don't get delivered is one where there is no longer an economy, or even a "new york." Complete destruction -- Road Warrior territory. So if you're not confident enough to buy futures, stock, etc, then you're talking about a future that is so bleak, even thousands of pounds of gold will not be enough to buy you a meal for the night, and therefore you should not invest in it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is the last drop ... collapse 2009 ... we are being held here probably being forced to sell ... sort of like Margin Calls ... once the vaults are empty June - July well what else is left - ? - National Lands - ? -
I just read something about our Soverignty being turned over to an International Entity... ? /// any how - you want the metal - not a IOU X$ stock trade ... but you do want to have miners - metal and if you got the resources and you want to gamble on the dollar ... GDX and all the Commodity ETF's .... screaming BUY .... and history says its a screaming buy -- so thats what me is doing collecting Commodities on this last bear market rally... plunge FALL 09 ... recovery probably 2014 or so... but we will be like owned by every country ... sort of like no mans land or everyones land ... if you like. . if my scenario encompassed enough verables to be even slightly accurate.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
# if they get gold to silver prices im going to buy a #load of it and bury it somewhere. i dont care if its the dollar or a new super world currency its still fiat money. gold is proven through out time, thats what ill bank on.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've been seeing a lot of commercials trying to sell gold. They advertise it as being more stable and more likely to increase in value than any of the world's currencies. Maybe the people that make a difference sold so much of their stocks and bonds to invest in gold that it starting having a negative impact on the economy. It could just be that (assuming 'they' actually DO want to help the economy, which i'm skeptical about, but whatever) 'they' are trying to get the people that make a difference to free up some of the cash they invested in gold and put it back in other areas. Just a theory.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Interesting quote by NYDSDAN:
"Being that this is a conspiracy forum, I opt for the latter. Also, don't forget that according to the Time Monks, there is an outside chance some cache of gold will be found to be counterfeit this spring. IF that happens, expect gold to drop to incredible lows. That would be a great entry point for further investment. "

NYDSDAN could you please explain what or who "Time Monks" are?
Also, if a cashe of gold was found to be counterfeit, wouldnt the price of gold go up because there is less of a "real" supply of gold? I dont understand why the price will go down. Please explain. Thanks. Good post.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Gold and silver as a means of trade will be phased out by the nwo. Money will also be phased out. It wont do any longer. So panic now and sell all your gold and silver while it still has some value.

Their intentions are to make it illegal to use gold or silver as legal tender, and then to create a new system of commerce based not on money, but by a trackable virtual credit unit.

They are selling their gold because they know this is coming. Take heed what I say it will happen.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Since with Gold we talk about Ounces, and one ounce is around $870ish an oz.. to put it into perspective the size of Gold being put into the market:

One Ton of Gold = 32,000 oz's, is equal to $27,840,000.00

403tons would then = $11,219,520,000.00 worth of Gold.

Perhaps they needed to liquidate to offer cash to countries in need of loans? I doubt it is to control the price of Gold, Gold % gain for the past 12 months has not exactly been spectacular.. at least not in double digit fluctuations either way. It's relatively stable. Of course, dumping this much Gold into the market will naturally bring the price down further.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They're not going to be "dumping" all that gold on the market in a way that will depress gold prices. Somebody was kind enough to address this point already, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can click on the "blue" text to see where this is said, and to obtain more information on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Whoever is saying, or thinking, that Gold is a useless commodity is ignorant of the history of the human kind.

As history is our teacher (except to those who ignore it), we do not need to look far back, only a millennia or so, when the fiat currency was introduced into populace to replace the metals.

Why did it work? Because the rulers of the time told people that they will either accept the paper or be killed. And so people gave up their metals, which were gladly accepted by their rulers, in exchange for their lives...err piece of paper. What would you have done?

Before that time, metal coins were used as a currency and before that we had barter system where goods were exchanged (I'll give you a chicken for a bag of flour).

Rest assured that if the economic system collapses, last thing to be used will be fiat currency or any other piece of paper that somebody says has value, whether it's USD or Amero. We'll see how far you go with your monopoly money when your child is hungry, shivering in cold in a corner...

Physical items like precious metals and goods will be THE primary and ONLY means of acquiring things that you, and others, need (such as life necessities).

It will be back to the basics, people. It's just unfortunate that most have forgotten about those "basics".

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaWarrior

I think he is referring to these people:

www.halfpasthuman.com...

The Half Past Human process for predicting the future from dynamic linguistics extracted from the internet began in 1997. Well, we have actually been gnawing on most of the concepts employed since about 1983. In 1994, we developed what we call the 'language model' for storage of data in large quanities for fast recovery when using SQL data bases. This extention of set theory as applied to data storage led to the examination of language in a new way. With the advent of the internet, the ability to test some of the 'language model' theories led to a series of programs being developed. This software is primarily written in prolog and implemented using LPA (Logic Programming Associates) version of this language as it offered pure prolog for the PC, as well as superior 'word concept' recognition and regex handling.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Bloomberg

The price of gold is dropping sharply because of a pledge by the IMF to dump 403.3 tons of gold bullion onto the market, but that sale requires U.S. Congressional approval to go through. Is this all just a scam to get people to dump their gold, further driving the price down, then 'they' come in and buy it all up on the cheap, thus pushing the price to $2000/oz. and beyond.

Does anyone think the Congress would ever allow this sale to go through?

Peace

"Dropping like a rock" or "rocketing through the sky"...That's gold! Gold has been that way for the last 40 years, when it wasn't just standing still. The US kept the price of gold stable for a long time because it held a lot of it I suspect that is no longer the case, since the foreign countries can exchange their US greenbacks for it. The amount of gold held by the US is a big secret.

Gold is not a very good investment medium because it can go a long time and make little or no move in either direction and as such has no "yeild" and pays no dividend. Dealers try to sell it to people as a hedge should currencies fail. That IS NOT a good consideation for having gold, in my opinion.

Silver is a better store of value as a "barter currency". Proof: Say you have a dozen one ounce gold American Eagles and the currency is deemed worthless. You need a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. How are you going to pay for it with those one ounce gold coins? Having a good supply of 90% pure silver US coins (pre-1965 dated dimes, quarters and halves) will be a much more recognized and utilitarian form of exchange should the currency collapse.

If you are holding silver or gold as a hedge should those little green pieces of paper be worthless, how much it fluctuates is meaningless. You won't use them till it is needed.

Bottom line is this on "gold investments": People have rushed to buy it when it is close to $1,000 an ounce, and ready to complain when it drops $80. Where were all you "investors in gold" when it was $400. an ounce for years earlier in the decade? Old investment advise still holds true: Buy Low, Sell High

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is a great subject, and considering that I do not really know what to do with all the NWO knowledge I now have, i.e. how can I protect myself in a radically different future? I have bought gold coins.

I have a friend who was a child in a concentration camp in Romania. The only reason she is still alive today is because her uncle had some gold coins that he had saved; he was able to bribe the guard(s) at the internment camp so that she received a potato a day to eat. It's probably beside the point, but the last time I saw her she was wearing over $50,000.00 worth of gold jewelry on her.

In the ever changing world of finance there has always been the appeal of gold. It is a hedge against inflation and dropping fiat currency.

There is a very good link about the IMF "selling" this gold at gata.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

On the TV stations in Houston there are commercials asking people to sell their gold for "top dollar." Even in the hospital where I work there was some kind of gold buyer. I've never seen this kind of thing before.

I smell something funny in the air.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
First i worked in the gold mining industry for 30 years leaving as a mine superintendent.

There is NOTHING strange about gold prices dropping now.

It has done this for every recession that the US has had since gold went back free market in the 1970s.

As soon as the people feel the recession is starting to end gold prices will drop.

Only the smart gold investor knows this and that is how we make our profits.

I got out of the gold market a year ago when this recession started.
now i will invest in stocks till the market gets to around 12000 then i will dump the stocks and buy gold again when its around $400-500 per oz.

About all those market forecasters that claim you should buy gold now because gold will go to $2000 if you look they all sell gold.
they need to get rid of the gold before THEY lose money.

Who will buy this gold.
Any dumb person the believes gold will go to $2000 this cycle.

I look at gold going to $2000 in about 4 more recessions.
about 20 years from now.

History will tell you just what gold will do in the future.

The price of gold has NEVER gone up as the US was coming out of a recession.
Gold has never gone down as the US was going into a recession

Gold is used as a weapon against the countries that get grand ideas, countries like china, india, countries run by oil sheiks. ETC.

Right now china is buying and it will bite them in a couple years.

Any country that buys gold to strengthen there economy does just the opposed.
And china wants to buy 4000 tons.

If you want to make money on gold you MUST know history.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The financial world (commodity brokers etc.) is beginning to realize they can do what ever they want and get away with it. First look what they did to oil futures last year. Then Wallstreet robbed the treasury blind. Now those in control of prescious metal futures want their turn.

At the same time, the common man is so worried about his savings. REal estate is shot. The stock market is a loser. The natural and historic safe haven of precisous metals seems like a sure thing. If the gold market begins a steep increase, it will become panic buying and lead to another bubble.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
well RETAIL demand for gold is falling thanks to consumers around the globe hurting........investment demand makes up for 75% of gold sales
THIS SEEMS TO BE the big whole in everyone's calculation's.....sure banks may have high short gold positions but retail demand (jewelry) is hurting with the world wide recession

so while investment demand has been soaring and maybe taking a break with a major league bear mkt rally AND THE DOLLAR higher than it was last year... gold has no where to go but down IMO

should the dollar stay above 80 on the index gold may fall into the 700's by early summer IMO

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
...I was interupted. The world governments have been doing alot behind the scenes to protect a precipitous decline in the dollar because so many countries have their savings in dollars in the form of T-bills. If the dollar crashes, it will effect many countries.

If all of the countries started selling the worthless dollars at the same time, they would start a panic. Switzerland also sold gold when England did and bought dollars to protect their investment.

It is a big game of chicken. Many countries fear the dollar is toast and want out. Japan and China have been slowly getting out of the dollar. IN the event of a world wide depression gold is still a safe bet. The question is not if the dollar will tank and everybody goes after the gold, but when. As soon as one country says screw the back room deal, we're out, that's when the dollar dives and gold goes past $2,500.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Gold is just another form of wealth. For this future system to be implemented, gold obviously will play a part. You cant construct a future monetary system without factoring in gold, either in shares or physical bullion. The ground work is being laid for a new monetary system, this whole shenanigans is far from over yet. What are their intentions? A new monetary system, of which gold HAS to play a part, and because that is the case, you can count on their control of its value.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The current school of though is that the stock market will spike one more time and if you can judge the peak, sell and put it all into gold before the market dumps out completely. I have my sell line already drawn in the sand, then it gets converted to gold.

Not that that will make a hell of a lot of difference if the nukes start flying.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Where does the IMF get all this gold they are sitting on from?

Hi nydsedan. Well , they get it from you - I mean from me...er...I mean from us. IMF Gold , is Gold pledged by IMF member nations.

This 12.9MM ounce IMF sale was first proposed , and approved by both the G-7 & G-8 clear back in February 08. So this is not news to the Gold community/PM traders.

There is something else afoot here imo - something all too familiar to those that follow COMEX trading.

We all know we've been the target of the bullhorn for the past week or so - including a coordinated media blitz to convince us that: The market bottom is in!...The economy is poised to rebound!...etc. Gold , the canary in the coal mine - absolutely had to be taken to the woodshed this week.

Fundamentally nothing has improved.

Certainly no fun for those holding long-term positions , but this forced shake-down will prove to be just another round of short-term noise in a secular bull market - eight years running.

While congress has blocked previous proposals to sell IMF Gold , I believe approval for this sale is simply a formality , and that the net impact on the 'market price of Gold will be nil..to..bullish (see below: "(1) pursuing off-market sales to central banks" - think China/Russia)

Press Room: US Department of the Treasury
December 2, 2008

The IMF agreed to conduct a limited sale of IMF gold, the proceeds of which would be placed in an endowment that would generate annual interest earnings and cover the bulk of the remaining gap. The IMF would minimize risk of market disruption by (1) pursuing off-market sales to central banks; (2) conducting sales over several years; and (3) coordinating with the European central banks in accordance with the Central Bank Gold Agreement to fit IMF gold sales into existing expectations for official gold sales....

Likewise, U.S. assent to the sale of IMF gold to finance an endowment requires authorization by Congress....

Pursuant to the quota reform and IMF income negotiations, the Administration has submitted legislation to the U.S. Congress to gain the required legislative authorizations.

Page Bottom

Thanks Dr Love - in terms of accurate info , interesting speculations and projections - I think this is one of the better Gold related threads I've read here on ATS

Feb 9, 2008 - G7 approves IMF gold sales

25 February 2008 - G-8 News and Analysis: US Supports IMF Gold Sale Plan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join