It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of gold is dropping like a rock, what are 'their' intentions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yes we need to buy physical gold not gold stocks! It's like carrying around a heavy parachute but comes in handy when you need it.

The main goal is for the people to be in need of global government aid and assistance.

The more people are prepared the less they will need.

Lets watch the banks all fail. I'm assuming they failed the "Stress test" No surprise.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They, huh?

Same tired old statements, some super powerful group that is always up to some new manipulation. Wake up, they lied "They" are not as powerful as they claimed.

Gold is about to get smashed...for all you fools that believe in they and their power and that thought the world was coming to an end...you are wrong.

Your gold is going to turn out to be what it is...A rock!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I heard Jim Rogers on Bloomberg say a few weeks ago that the IMF was going to do this. He said they had to, however, he said that after that, there would be no more major holders of gold to create huge sell offs again - and that the price would slowly increase again without barriers. We shall see.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Gold has zero value, only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Now food, arms, and things that people actually need are priceless.

If you were starving how much gold would you trade for a loaf of bread or drink of water?

Originally posted by hadriana
This is funny, because I thought a couple of days ago that I bet gold would go down after the summit and bilderbergers were over.

They want the price to go down so folks will sell.

Gold has real value no matter what the dollar value is. People will always want it, I don't see that changing.

Just watch the price go down and see who scarfs it up. Yeah, they are up to something all right.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You can use it to bribe the border and security guards.

You are right about food and survival gear. A loaf of bread will be worth more than money soon.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you are starving, only food will do. If you are thirsty, only water will do. If the life is being choked out of you, you need air. Those are all givens.

If you want to do more than survive, then once Maslow's basic needs are met, you can take your gold, and climb up the pyramid.

Gold is not worthless. Once people quit "starving and thirsting' they will want it again. History shows that. It also shows they will want good soap.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They totally control this market, all those saying that gold would rise sharply ahve been proven wrong yet again.

If you listen to the guy on the alex jones show that sells gold, is that geeser ever right. They are always saying it will go up through the roof.

People every where are being conned.

I do not understand what you are trying to say, could you be more specific?

The price of gold in 2000 was an average of $284.32 an ounce; in 2008 the average was $889.60. To me that sounds pretty consistent with what the "old geezer" (lol I love that phrase, I give you a star just for the laugh I got from it) has been saying.

Peter Schiff has also been saying that gold is going to reach $1000.00 an ounce in the near future and he has been pretty much dead on in everything he has predicted.

As far as what is happening, there is the possibility that the IMF is dumping this gold into the market deliberately to drive gold prices down in order to accomplish two things. One bring stability to the US Dollar (or at least try to) and reverse its free fall and the obvious reason to have a tenfold return on their gold in a short amount of time.

Think about what is going on in the world and then apply this simple cliche to it and see what you come up with. "Nothing in life is free." This could very well be their plan to recover the enormous amounts of money the G20 countries have agreed to inject into the IMF and World Bank to solve the global economic meltdown.

Just as with the stimulus bill, the bailouts, and the insane budget the US has for this year; the money has to come from somewhere. In the case of the US, it is going to come from smokers and any other group they single out to tax the hell out of in order to bail out the fat cats.

If you look at this situation it reminds me very much of the illegal immigration problem. There were laws that completely address the issue; however, they are constantly ignored. The Glass/Stiegal Act which was rescinded by the Clinton Administration was one of those "written in blood" laws that emerged out of the great depression to insure that the same thing didn't happen again. We can also look at 9-11 and the creation of Homeland Security, if the FBI were doing their jobs this was avoidable (provided it happened as they say it did which I do not subscribe to), so instead of fixing the problem we create more bureaucracy to deal with the problem and keep the dysfunctional unit that was responsible in the first place costing the taxpayers billions of dollars. The problem is simple and the solution is even more simple to all of these issues. Enforce the existing laws and preform the functions of your department, and stop rescinding laws that you do not understand.

Sorry for getting somewhat off topic, but there is some relevance there.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
If you are starving, only food will do. If you are thirsty, only water will do. If the life is being choked out of you, you need air. Those are all givens.

If you want to do more than survive, then once Maslow's basic needs are met, you can take your gold, and climb up the pyramid.

Gold is not worthless. Once people quit "starving and thirsting' they will want it again. History shows that. It also shows they will want good soap.

This is a very good analogy. Maslow's hierarchy of needs is an outstanding way to view this. For many people cigarettes are higher on their priority list than gold and when your paying 10 dollars for a pack of smokes (actually its more like 4 dollars for the smokes and 6 dollars for the tax) there is not a whole lot of money left for things such as gold and other items further down on the priority list.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Glad to admitt I am sitting on some of those rocks. Something tells me you're not.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Some people have said that they have had little problem getting physical gold, but in Manhattan it is difficult to get unless you go down to Wall St and get some from one of the vaults there.

lol that's because someone already stole almost all the gold there on 9-11 from under building 4 or 5.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Is this all just a scam to get people to dump their gold, further driving the price down, then 'they' come in and buy it all up on the cheap, thus pushing the price to $2000/oz. and beyond.

Yes.

Does anyone think the Congress would ever allow this sale to go through?

Yes, congress will let this pass, as the IMF gives the orders. Congress is either too dumb to stand up to them, or already has their palms lined with cold hard cash.

This is just a scheme to put more of the actual wealth, tangible commodities that have inherent worth, gold silver, precious metals, into the hands of the people who already have most of the worthless currency(ie cold hard cash).

They want you to give up your gold, because the price is "dropping" so they can buy it up on the cheap.

They did this with the asian markets while hilary clinton was over there. They started buying up dollars and dropping asian currencies so people in that market were forced to drop asian currencies as their values plumeted, and buy up dollars. Meanwhile they bought up the asian currencies they have just cheapened.

The important thing to realize is that the value of your gold is steady no matter what the "going price" for it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Dr Love

Yes we need to buy physical gold not gold stocks! It's like carrying around a heavy parachute but comes in handy when you need it.

The main goal is for the people to be in need of global government aid and assistance.

The more people are prepared the less they will need.

Lets watch the banks all fail. I'm assuming they failed the "Stress test" No surprise.

If things get to the point where futures contracts can not be delivered, stocks are no longer traded, etc, gold is going to be worthless in all forms.

This kind of sentiment is end of the world talk, and if you really believe it's going to happen, buy FOOD, not gold, as gold is just a worthless metal.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Last night when i left work, off I 95, thier was a sign posted...cash for gold, and an arrow pointing in the direction of where it is. Its a new sign, wasnt thier last week. Could it be maybe, that people are being duped into this, seeling off what gold they have for minimum cash? I mean, if enough gold was rounded up, would that devalue it too?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance on the gold market...but...

Isn't the replacing of gold (and sliver to a lessor extent) part of "the plan"? Today, you (the people) aren't permitted to truly own anything. Your home can be auctioned unless you pay property taxes, your car can be taken if it isn't registered and plated, etc. Everything a person owns, is really just rented and can be taken. By getting rid of gold as a "hordable" resource, you take away the people's ability to exist off the grid, or retain value and assets without the monitoring or leasing from the government.

There was a time in human history when you could buy a plot of land, pass it down to your kids or have your kids buy land to add on to your own and actually build your own little compound. You could purchase assets that were yours, and not "rented" or, taxed until they could be taken away. You could actually get yourself (and your family) to the point of being safe from economic problems such as we are in today. You could have land and feed yourselves...you could have a home and land that no one could legally take...you could live (pretty much) off the grid.

Just another little example. I smoke. I was buying cigarettes from an Indian reservation until the state sent me a bill for the taxes they didn't get due to my not buying cigarettes they taxed. While researching (I really didn't know we had to pay tax to smoke if purchased via the internet) I discovered that if you grow your own tobacco for you to smoke...you still owe the state tax on that. If the trend continues...you won't be allowed to have your own garden without the yield being taxed. I read something about that happening now with farmer's markets.

It is a shame that being responsible, valuable and owning things is such a part of the past. All they want now is a monthly paycheck from YOU!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

When you say"futures contracts" are you referring to hedging and derivitive values?

I am a survivalist and I'm well prepared for SHTF! I also live rural, in the event of martial law.

I do have a Bug out spot in mind, yet cant figure out how to avoid heat seeking and night vision devices.

I stocked up on bulk food mainly on Septrmber 15th when Lehman failed. All the survival stores were back logged.

I also stocked up on ammo. I started a thread a while back on coded ammo laws.

It's insane how rapid this stuff is occurring!

[edit on 6-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have u noticed all the "dump your gold" commercials?

Something's rotten in Denmark.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The price of gold has been set at 11:00 am daily by the Rothschilds in the City of London for decades now. Rothschild syndicate who planned/engineered the current global meltdown years ago with derivatives and deliberately corrupt and fraudulent mortgage 'instruments' are manipulating the gold price too.

Kissinger was one who seduced the Arab oil nations to buy gold (tho this began in the 1960's). He also lured them to deposit petro dollars in western zionist-oligarch banks, in exchange for help in updating/moderninzing their oil infrastructure needed to refine and produce oil.

Then in the 1980's, the banksters claimed that the Arab oil deposits had been lent to third world countires who defaulted on their debts- so the arab deposits were "lost". In reality, banksters had all the money in hidden accounts with the third world loans being nothing but electronic credit entries ("special drawing rights" if you will) - fiat concoctions with nothing backing them.

The banksters kept the Arab's real money, and forced the poor nations to give away unbelievable natural resources and assets as collateral payment for these fake IMF electronic fake debts.

The Arab nations then tried to shore up their lost GDP revenues by selling off some of the gold. Whereupon the banksters dumped tons of it on the market to depress the price and screw the OPEC groups. Lesson taught?

There has been a recent move to audit the gold in Ft Knox for the first time since the 1950's. At that time or shortly after, Mamie Eisenhower (I think) suggested that much of the gold there had secretly been spirited to the Bank of England and demanded an audit. The zionist controlled media quickly disappeared that idea, and nothing more was done.

If the gold market drops thru the floor- look to the same crooks who drove our housing values thru the basement as being behind it. Different medium- same men in need of execution.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So I guess Russia and China are sitting on lots of gold, take that the US says, we give it to the IMF, and hide it there, and just when it serves us we haul it back out and take out some of your net worth, and derail your plans for replacing the USD as the IMF currency.

So much for the IMF moving off the US dollar standard, this is almost as much fun as watching a chess game.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is a replay of what Gordon Brown did with Britains gold. Not only did he choose a bad time to sell, when gold was already low, he also announced on which day he was going to dump it on the market, and how much - which of course ensures that you get as little for your gold as possible.

The IMF are doing the same thing, so the question has to be who is going to take advantage & buy lots of this artificially lower gold?

I'd take a guess that the Chinese will offload a lot of their dollar reserves to get a big chunk.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There are no "intentions."

Gold-backed currency is ridiculous and will never come to fruition... gold sitting in a vault is a wasted asset.

Gold can only protect you from inflation.

Contrary to what libertarians would have you believe, gold will not "skyrocket." Gold will not hit 2000$ an ounce... but convincing you that it will increases demand, which makes for a nice profit. Besides being a poor conductor for electricity, it's a useless commodity. If you've being holding off on selling your gold, slap yourself. And if you honestly believe there's an invisible force behind world events, would they rather deal with the ensuing calamity from the collapse of the dollar or annoy a few silly gold hoarders?
The gold bubble is bursting...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Blagojevich]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join