The price of gold is dropping like a rock, what are 'their' intentions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Bloomberg

The price of gold is dropping sharply because of a pledge by the IMF to dump 403.3 tons of gold bullion onto the market, but that sale requires U.S. Congressional approval to go through. Is this all just a scam to get people to dump their gold, further driving the price down, then 'they' come in and buy it all up on the cheap, thus pushing the price to $2000/oz. and beyond.

Does anyone think the Congress would ever allow this sale to go through?

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well do those people who invest in gold actually physically have any? Then as far as the NWO is concerned what do they care? When sitX or whatever happens and we're all scrambling for food or ammo to kill the zombies they can move all the gold wherever they want, if they haven't already.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good question, OP. I have been hearing two schools of thought on this matter:

- On one hand, many feel that gold's time as a hedge against things like inflation and weak currencies is coming to an end. They think that if a global currency, or the very least 'Amero'-type currency emerges, then the need for gold as an alternate currency would go away. The idea is that gold is becoming irrelevant in global currency value and should be lowered in value to its real commodity value for manufacturing.

- On the other hand, many see a HUGE round of inflation in the pipeline and are getting poised to buy a lot of gold. If you are getting ready to buy something which you expect to skyrocket in value, you would want to depreciate the value in it as much as possible so your entry point will yield maximum profit. If there are no concrete plans to strengthen currencies, then gold will be a default standard and will have immense value until the global economic turbulence subsides.

Being that this is a conspiracy forum, I opt for the latter. Also, don't forget that according to the Time Monks, there is an outside chance some cache of gold will be found to be counterfeit this spring. IF that happens, expect gold to drop to incredible lows. That would be a great entry point for further investment.

Another thing to base your impression of gold's strength (or lack thereof) is to watch what the world is doing with gold. I know that the Saudis, Iranians and Chinese have been purchasing gold while at the very least the UK sold most of theirs at below closeout prices. I am not sure exactly what that means, but I bet there is some meaning in there somewhere.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Normally when gold falls we see a stabilization of money and markets, but I don't trust these guys to give change for a twenty.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Oh Dr. Love! Sometimes I really love the way your mind works.

Excellent information. Excellent summary. Excellent conclusion.
Something is definately up. I'm willing to bet that you are right.

I don't have any gold to dump. But if I can scrape together some money (
good luck to me with that!) I'd love to purchase some gold coins.

link   
They totally control this market, all those saying that gold would rise sharply ahve been proven wrong yet again.

If you listen to the guy on the alex jones show that sells gold, is that geeser ever right. They are always saying it will go up through the roof.

People every where are being conned.

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well do those people who invest in gold actually physically have any? Then as far as the NWO is concerned what do they care? When sitX or whatever happens and we're all scrambling for food or ammo to kill the zombies they can move all the gold wherever they want, if they haven't already.

And that, my friend, is why I refuse to invest in "paper gold". It is also why it is very difficult to get your hands on physical gold. Some people have said that they have had little problem getting physical gold, but in Manhattan it is difficult to get unless you go down to Wall St and get some from one of the vaults there. And if you do that, you will have to fill out a "Patriot Act" form with your SSN, Name, Address etc. They even check ID. It is a little intimidating and I do not even want to know why they need this info for buying gold.

Purchasing physical gold online is not too bad if you go with a reputable dealer. They usually require you send in a cashier's check or money order to complete the transaction but it works. Personally, I have used American Precious Metals Exchange (APMEX) a few times with success.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm thinking along the same lines...

Reminds me of the Citi Bank "Memo" that was "Leaked", stating profits...not...

Float the rumor of a massive sale to drive out sellers and drive the price down

Then swoop in and scoop it all up at relativity cheap prices, then...

Crash a Fiat currency...

I've noticed China buying up natural reserves in the back ground as well...

Oz...Rio Tinto...trying to get at Canadian sand oils...

Makes sense to me...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They totally control this market, all those saying that gold would rise sharply ahve been proven wrong yet again.

If you listen to the guy on the alex jones show that sells gold, is that geeser ever right. They are always saying it will go up through the roof.

People every where are being conned.

Well, the track record is solid. From 1999 to 2009 it has gone from roughly $300/oz to $900/oz so there is something to be said about it as a decent long term investment.

Now, considering we are still in a deflationary period, I am not sure why gold managed to get up to $1,000 last month. It should be low - as low as $700 maybe, before going up. And it will only go up if we get the inflation that is expected.

Personally, I expect gold to continue a fall through summer, only to then rise with inflation in the fall. And I am usually wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Dr Love
Bloomberg

The price of gold is dropping sharply because of a pledge by the IMF to dump 403.3 tons of gold bullion onto the market, but that sale requires U.S. Congressional approval to go through. Is this all just a scam to get people to dump their gold, further driving the price down, then 'they' come in and buy it all up on the cheap, thus pushing the price to $2000/oz. and beyond.

Does anyone think the Congress would ever allow this sale to go through?

Peace

The IMF is selling gold because they will have a 400 million dollar income shortfall by 2010. It is not in their interests to dump gold, in massive amounts, as it will depress gold futures throughout the entire world. They WILL NOT be doing this. Sales are going to be coordinated with central banks, according to the "Central Bank Gold Agreements."

This also makes sense, as gold is at ridiculously high levels, and will likely not fall too much from these levels (in the opinion of this investor). If I had to guess on something, though, it's that the IMF is betting on currencies stabilizing in the not too distant future, which means gold will rise in value at a much slower rate.

jjkenobi
Well do those people who invest in gold actually physically have any?

Some people own actual gold bars -- buried underground, surrounded by armed guards. This is relatively rare, as far as I know.

Most people buy gold futures, gold ETFs, coins, gold mining stocks (my personal favorite), jewelry, etc. So some people have gold in their safes -- which makes it a highly illiquid asset, while most investors trade futures contracts, or own equities.

Btw, gold is a worthless metal -- if the "powers that be" can convince everyone that paper currency is "as good as gold," then gold will continue to drop in value. However, with a 3 trillion dollar budget in the US alone, inflation is sure to be a buzz word in the coming years, which usually means gold goes up. So if you don't own any already, it might be worth looking into.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Great Post...

No Doubt something is at work behind the scenes...
The IMF holds 3,217.3 tonnes of gold...apprx.

I believe it would be the poker equivalent of bluffing. I don’t think the powers that be are ready to have someone call that bluff.

But even if they were, what would happen? If they tried to add to the gold supply discreetly, the central banks and institutional holders who are accumulating bullion might simply buy more...

If they tried to talk down gold in the open market, bluffing on about how they planned to sell a huge chunk, gold might take a sizable short-term hit… but then it would bounce back...then what?

Hummm...you are onto something...everyone knows it...we will see!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Dr Love you pegged it alright this is exactly what is going to happen and this majority democratic Congress is a real problem because they will vote for the sell and dumping of 403.3 tons of gold on the world market. This will be considered restitution and pay back to the IMF who control the gold and the money. This will almost triple the IMF's return on investment at the present spot price of gold left in the coufers of the IMF. Gold will certainly inflat in price because of created chaos in the world or global meltdown to over $2000.00 USD per oz.

This is total manipulation of the gold market when this happens and no one will or can stop this madness. It is evident our Congress has been bought and will dance to the tune of the NWO.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Where does the IMF get all this gold they are sitting on from? I guess I do not know enough about the history of the IMF, so maybe I need to do some reading...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is funny, because I thought a couple of days ago that I bet gold would go down after the summit and bilderbergers were over.

They want the price to go down so folks will sell.

Gold has real value no matter what the dollar value is. People will always want it, I don't see that changing.

Just watch the price go down and see who scarfs it up. Yeah, they are up to something all right.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's called deflation.

There could be SOME manipulating of the price, but typically when everyone and their mother is buying something, it's a bubble and a bad investment. That's what happened at the end of last year.

I'm looking for gold to go down to ~600-800 range for a while. Long term though, could be much much higher.

Credit destruction is deflationary, even with all the monetization. Inflation isn't the worry at the moment. Although food prices are and probably will still go higher. People HAVE to spend money of food, regardless.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The thing about this is that the Rothschild family control the price of Gold from one of their London offices.. they set the price every morning after consulting with a group of other international commodity giants.

(EDIT TO ADD - Im living four years in the past.. they pulled out of that in 2005.. I wonder why)

I know a lot of people on this site don't believe the power of the Rothschild family but when you see this being done and consider the outcome of collapsing the price of gold while confidence in the Fiat money system is at an all time low.. the ability of the Rothschilds and their associates to short sell the financial world even more is becoming more evident.

[edit on 6/4/09 by Dermo]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

I agree with you.

"sell, sell, sell! Then buy. that's the plan. It's more deceptive than it looks. They always have a backup plan, usually with greedy circumstances and motivation involved.

It must be directly linked to the IMF and the value of global currencies being manipulated.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So when do I buy?

I personally don't think everything is random, and do believe that the powers that be do what they want irregardless of the damage to us common folk.

However, if you guys foresee this happening, who is going to be buying gold here and at what price?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, unless the PTB really believe their globalization plan is going to go off without a hitch, and I don't think they're that stupid, it would only make sense for them to try and consolidate more real assets before dropping the hammer. If 'they' own the great majority of gold, the useless eaters have even less leverage when the SHTF.

Also, if they could bankrupt the mining companies, then swoop in and snatch them up on the cheap, 'they'd' also control the access to any new gold. Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dignan99

You buy when it drops below 400. I read Timmy Geithner is prepared to fire senior executives at banks.

I also read this morning that loan losses will exceed levels from the Great Depression.

I'm getting more convinced by the day is is a set up. There is enough uncertainty in the financial markets already. Why throw another wrench in!

Stocks are dropping again. People have nothing of value to believe in anymore! Now Gold!!

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join