It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Seeks Political Gain from Rocket Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

North Korea Seeks Political Gain from Rocket Launch

www.nytimes.com

SEOUL, South Korea — Despite the failure of North Korea’s attempt to launch a satellite, Pyongyang’s adversaries voiced alarm on Monday over the extended range of the North’s latest rocket, while the United Nations tumbled into a disarray over how to respond to what President Obama called a “provocative act.”

“Rules must be binding,” he said. “Violations must be punished. Words must mean something.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I really don't get this entire North Korea thing.

I understand the noise it's making just not the response.

“We think that what was launched is not the issue; the fact that there was a launch using ballistic missile technology is itself a clear violation,” said Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador.

Okay fine fair enough, but it's just one rocket.

How many warheads do "allies" have?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Great Post - thank you.

Every time I listen to this man I just grieve he’s not the President.

The USA needs to just stop the hysteria over N.Korea and take care of it’s own.

peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I still would like to know which UN Security Council Resolution or Treaty N. Korea violated with this launch.

They've never agreed to or ratified any ballistic missile limitations resolution.

What right does the International Community have to keep telling them they're breaking some "unwritten rule" about possessing ballistic missiles?

North Korea

North Korea ratified the treaty on December 12, 1985, but gave notice of withdrawal from the treaty on January 10, 2003 following U.S. allegations that it had started an illegal enriched uranium weapons program, and the U.S. subsequently stopping fuel oil shipments under the Agreed Framework[30] which had resolved plutonium weapons issues in 1994 [31]. The withdrawal became effective April 10, 2003 making North Korea the first state ever to withdraw from the treaty.

en.wikipedia.org...

The representative of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea condemned the attempt “of some countries to misuse the Security Council for the despicable political aim to isolate and put pressure” on his country, and vowed to continue the launches to bolster his country’s self-defence.

Utter nonsense and hypocrisy.

America walks all over the UN and completely disregards it's wishes concerning Iraq in 2003 (which forbade the use of force), but now N. Korea is being punished for launched a lone missile.

Where do they get the balls to be such hypocrites, these people?

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

good point!

It's funny how every "outrage" starts the same way.
Making something small seem like something massive!

new topics

top topics

join