It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security recipients get a Recovery Payment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I hadn't seen this reported in the MSM, so I thought I'd post it here. It's not much money, but at least one of the groups of Americans that are needy will be seeing some money from the bailout.

www.boston.com...

Last Thursday Vice President Biden announced that Social Security recipients will soon receive a $250 "recovery payment". As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, this one-time payment will go to adults who receive Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (disability payments), Railroad Retirement and Veterans Benefits.

Eligible recipients must have received one of the above-mentioned payments in November 2008, December 2008 or January 2009. You must also be 18 or older, or a child receiving SSI. However those who receive Medicaid in care facilities will not receive the payment.

The payments will be made in May, and recipients do not need to do anything to ensure that they receive their check. The payment will be made separately from the usual monthly Social Security payment, and will be delivered in the same way as your usual benefit check. In other words if you usually have your Social Security check direct-deposited to your bank account, this check will also be delivered in that manner. This check will not count as income or earnings for Social Security purposes.

new topics

join