It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schindler's List found in Sydney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Schindler's List found in Sydney

news.bbc.co.uk

A list compiled by the German industrialist Oskar Schindler has been discovered by a researcher at a library in Australia.

Schindler's list helped hundreds of Jewish workers escape death in the Holocaust during World War II.

It was found in research notes which belonged to the Australian author of Schindler's Ark - the basis for the Oscar-winning film, Schindler's List.

The document was found at the New South Wales Library in Sydney.
There are 13 pages of fragile, yellowing paper, upon which are typed the names and nationalities of 801 Jewish people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A great discovery and one which will hopefully shed fresh light on this remarkable man.

Not so much of historical importance but one which will again renew memories of people who were saved, and will hopefully continue to educate people about the horrors of the holocaust, so that it never happens again.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me this would end up in Australia at all...

Being Aussie myself, I can personally attest to the large Holocaust-survivor population over East in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, a rather funny place for European Jews to end up after WW2 but there they are.
Along with them, Australia also has a large migrant population from Southern Europe that came after WW2 as well.

There's also a ton of prominent Australian Jews who've written personal experiences about the Holocaust.

Not only that but Australia also became a popular "retreat" for former Nazi war criminals who escaped Nuremburg.

As recently as last week, Australia courts extradited an accused Nazi who tortured people to death, back to Hungary to face charges:
www.news.com.au...

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I like how people conveniently leave out the fact that Stalin killed 40 million of his own people and Mao 60 million of his compared to 6 million it's kinda obsolete isnt it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

I like how people conveniently leave out the fact that Stalin killed 40 million of his own people and Mao 60 million of his compared to 6 million it's kinda obsolete isnt it?

Moreover in relation to this story, the preoccupation with the 6 million Jews, as opposed to the 5 million other ethnic groups that were killed that you almost never here about.

Everyone's first presumption when they here the word "Holocaust" is 6 million Jews.

I find that most unfair, especially since it's only the Jewish people who have received any sort of coordinated international compensation for the crimes committed against them (Germany's reparations and the creation of the state of Israel).

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i`ve heard recently that more jews from europe actually went to australia after WW2 than the new founded israel , trying to research more , but after the what the soon-to-be-leaders of israel did to condemn the hungarian jews to death , european jews didn`t want to go to israel, fearing the same thing - that there lives ould soon be thrown away

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All valid points, but should this distract from a man who endangered his own life to save others?

It seems this was a trait lacking in WW2 germany and in many countries before and since, and for that alone he should be applauded.

top topics

join