It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The eeriest thing just happened to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So two of you have had similar experiences while smoking. You may or may not agree but i feel smoking and the spirit world go hand in hand in a dark way. You just have to trace back to the original use of tobacco to find possible clues

"A social and cultural history of smoking » Tobacco in New World culture
Although the origin of tobacco use in Native American culture is uncertain, tobacco clearly played a far more ceremonial and structured role than it would come to play in Europe and the modern world. Along with several other hallucinogens and narcotics, a strong, dark, high-nicotine and, consequently, mind-altering tobacco was crucial to the performance of shamanistic rituals and social ceremonies. Usually smoked but also chewed, drunk, taken as snuff, and even given as an enema, tobacco was seen by Native Americans as a means for providing communication with the supernatural world through the medium of the shaman, for either medicinal or spiritual purposes. So important was it that some native groups, such as the Blackfoot and the Crow, cultivated no other crop."

www.britannica.com...

A mind in an chemically weakened or altered state is ideal for being exposed to the paranormal.

Believe it....or not.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by The Great Day]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by invisible inkspot

Originally posted by invisible inkspot
to the og, have you ever been told you are "gifted" in any way?

Me, no, however I have experienced my share of the unexplained over the years. Here is an example in a past thread Childhood encounter. My mother and the women on her side of the family (all long since dead) claimed they would either see what they termed as a wailing banshee or smell funeral flowers when someone had died. I do not believe they were physic, more like death horns, lol. I have not appeared to have inherited this trait. As far as I know no one has died after I saw this..

~Hyp

[edit on 12-4-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Originally posted by nightrun
I don't think anyone here can explain what you saw.
If you were smoking something illegal, that's you explanation right there.
I think the best suggestion is to go smoke more often at unusual hours.

Come to think of it, 5:15am is a random time to be up. Even more random time to smoke.

LOL, No I wasn't smoking the dopey. Before I was recently job displaced due to this economy I worked the night shift for 13 years. I am still stuck on the ole schedule. I am used to grocery shopping, working in the yard and conducting daily activities under the cover of darkness.

~Hyp

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
it was someone from another dimension(not reality) dimension, just like things from a lower dimension couldn't possibly comprehend our form same goes for us and higher dimensions where time is visible as are all past actions. including this unfortunate gentlemen.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

reply to post by Malfeitor

I would ask you to answer a couple of questions for me. I can assure you that I can't give you any answers, but your answers may help me.

How was the weather?
What was the approximate time and date?
About how large or small was he/it?
Did the apparition, or man, appear proportioned correctly?
Did you hear any sounds which were out of place?
How exactly did you feel as you watched it?
Was he/it alone?
And finally, did you see any eyes?

I know these questions seem a bit random, but trust me, they have a purpose. If you would like to know the details, feel free to U2U me; I'm simply trying to gather untainted information. With no offense meant to you, I find that most people tend to answer more clearly and honestly this way; the mind may unconsciously add details which weren't there, and that would defeat the purpose of my asking.

Hello there, it occurred on 04/06/2009 around 5:15 (I live on the east coast). The weather or "atmosphere" was a bit odd. In fact, I was thinking just that at the time of the sighting. The air was extremely still and I kept hearing things falling from the trees. I was pondering what it was when this happened. I reside in the historic district of Jacksonville. All of the homes here were built in the 1920's & 30's. The streets are lined with great moss cover oaks. My neighborhood slightly resembles the garden district of New Orleans with smaller homes built in the 1920's instead of the 1800's.

It was odd that everything was so still & silent. I live about 4 blocks from the St. Johns river, as a result there is usually at least a slight breeze to rustle the oaks. This time of year we have those damn adolescent mocking birds that practice their song off key & when any sensible female is still asleep, yet they were absent. I live about 8 blocks from the off ramp to 95 and can hear the cars on the interstate at all hours. I heard no cars from the interstate, trains from the near by tracks or planes from the naval base. It was just odd. The "falling" noises were a mystery. It was much lighter than acorns. I had briefly decided it must be leaves, then acknowledged there was no breeze. I stood up from the porch swing and peered into the yard. There were no leaves falling, yet these soft sounds were all around me. I started to think that perhaps it was some type of insect or worm in the Spanish moss chewing, reproducing or shedding? (Discovery channel fan)

I sat back down on the swing facing the direction of a car parked on street a few houses down. I was startled to see the outline of a man suddenly emerge from the outline of the vehicle down the middle of the street. He was alone and average in height & build. His legs seemed short I guess due to his limping gait (or whatever was wrong with him). I was startled at first but thought he must be a drunkard or a vagrant. I live about 8 blocks on the other side from the "wrong side of the tracks". Yes there are literally train tracks. The is a convenience store before the tracks where drunkards, vagrants and undesirables actually coexist withe yuppies, artsy folks and the old money.

These types of people often stumble down my street. I relaxed and just sit there watching him. He seemed to be stumbling my way so I waited for him to reach a street light so I could tell if he was a beggar, drunk, crazed or a cigarette leecher. When he got under the street lamp I could not make out one detail.Perplexed, I figured it was due to a lighting angle or something. Though he had seemed fixated on me , he had straightened his swagger a bit and I thought he would just pass by me. Then he suddenly veered to my curb directly towards my porch. There was absolutely no reason for me not to be able to clearly see him in every detail. I did not see any eyes. He appeared like a flat black cardboard cut out, yet fully animated. Like a movie mask for some special effect. I was horrified and felt "prickly". Every hair stood up on my body.

I promptly but casually walked to my door, opened it and pretended to call for the dog. I said " Daisy do you have to go "t.t."? Though the dog was right there on the other side of the door I pretended she was back in the depths of the house, called her again and shut the door. This whole scenario lasted about 20 seconds. I did not ever look back. Replaying everything in my mind I deduced that what had just happened was impossible and that I was being silly. My whole pretend scenario left wide open the fact that I would be emerging from the house with the dog so I turned on my heel and did just that. There was nothing on the porch, nothing in the yard & nothing in the street. Dumbfound and in disbelief the dog and I went for a walk hoping I would find a drunkard passed out on the road so that I could feel that everything was normal. All I found were my and the neighbor's cats lounging in the middle of the road.

That is really all the detail I can recall.

~Hyp

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I apologize for the tardiness of my reply; surely you've wondered whythe reason I asked the questions I did. You will find on that link a thread on which I posted, in intricate detail, my account of several odd encounters which occured over the last few years in my area. There has been no embellising of detail, nor anything (save names) omitted; my interest in this is to acquire knowledge of what I believe to be a previously unknown cryptid or phenomena.

The questions I asked were vague because I needed to be certain that I was not "planting" ideas; contamination of such tales is remarkably easy, and I intend to keep my search as scientific as possible. I've been in the process, for some time, of attempting to learn the area in which these things occur; my goal is to mark a sort of perimeter so that I, in the future, can make a valid attempt to find and document this occurance.

I realize that crackpot stories are a dime a dozen, especially on this website; I assure you that, despite the fanastic nature of my story, it is true. I thank you for viewing this with an open mind.

Have you read it yet? No? Well, read it before reading this paragraph. I realize that what I described and what you described were different in many ways; however, there were certain similarities which lead me to believe that the events were not unrelated. Your recollection of the weather, of sounds in the trees, and of the feeling you felt when it looked at you seem more than coincidence to me. It should be noted that I have had several other encounters of unusual nature which mirror yours much more closely; those I've not posted yet, as I have no idea what they meant, or if they're related to the encounters of which I've already spoken. I don't want to jump to the wrong conclusions.

At any rate, I hope that somehow this will help you. There are two things I've noticed about these shadowy occurances; once they find someone they like, they follow. The other, which I've yet to explain, is that they seem most active when the moon is waning or new.
If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Malfeitor]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There are two edits at the bottom of my post, and one horribly constructed sentence at the beginning; the edits are my attempts to fix the sentence, which, for some reason, failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sounds like the ghost of a homeless man who is having a nic fit. And I mean that in all seriousness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join