It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clicking username(s) to see profile not working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just noticed that clicking on a member's username to get to their profile is
not working tonight...

When I drag my mouse over the username, it shows the underline, but no luck when clicked!

I have dial-up; so I'm painfully aware of the waiting. (I could chisel words into stone, and have them delivered by donkey to be quicker sometimes), but is it me, or ATS?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hmm, It works for me no problem.

At this point in the thread I wont say it is just you though, because You did just start the thread.

We will see.

As for dial up, well, I am very glad to have high speed internet access now. there was a time when I had no choice but to use dial up though, because it is cheaper than a donkey.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hey gimme, thanks for reply.

Glad you're speeding past tortoises like me! I'm looking into high speed.

Just tried again, , , Nope. Still not working with either the username, or the little profile tab at the bottom of post!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

It's working for me too FRIGHTENER.

Do you have another browser you could try?

Is your computer on?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thanks for reply, Schro-Dog.

No other browser that I'm aware of, yet.

I just noticed something else- I clicked the "Reply" tab, to respond to both you, and gimme; but hence, this post didn't include the nifty 'reply to' either.

If this reply goes through, then Yes, my computer is on.
(Very funny!)

[edit on 4/6/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Mmmm, that's some odd stuff that's happening to you.

Before we consider governmental intrusion and timeline shifts perhaps a browser clean up and a computer reboot might be in order.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

HEY HEY- The "Reply to" is back...

Thanks again Shro-Dog, I appreciate your advice. I don't know what size boots the ol' HP wears, but I'll go shopping tomorrow!

No, I love screwing around...I've got someone who stops by now & then, (mostly then) to help me with this computer stuff. I only know how to "hunt & peck"!

"Timeline Shifts" . . .I LOVE it! Real good.

Bummer about the profile feature, I always used it! Hope it comes back.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I'd say either give me your machine and I'll hook you up with a good system or deal with windowz, / apple.

Even if you have a slow machine you can run linux. Best OS I ever had. even on dial up it doesn't get problems like I'm reading here.

What Ii would do is make sure you have enough ram that stops most laggyness, I'd also would try to get a better connection then dial up.

Dial up is slow, and if you have a slow computer it will be slow \er then your average comp even at the library

Also make sure you have anough space for you temp folder. sometimes that gets full and well nothing works right. there could be a few other problems but I would need more info.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Thanks, Evil Bat.

It's a Hewlett Packard vs15 with Microsoft Internet Explorer...not sure which version, but I haven't updated in many moons.

Yes, you're right about slow, that's why I'm on here in the wee hours, cause it works better than daytime when traffic jams occur, it freezes up, or constantly tells me: "Page cannot be displayed"

Oh I hate that!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I have a couple of HP's, first thing I found about about them is they do a great job till you want to do everything you want to do. I have one that only can get a "certain video card" and another that only takes a "certain ram" knida blows when you spent everything yu have on it to be able to use it.

But in all things I'd ditch the IE go for Fox or even opera. Stop any if all extra stuff you may be doing it and might help load pages faster on dialup. some reason the "winsock" loves to have all the ram it can have. When I ran mac os 9 there was also something else trying no matter what to take much needed ram. AOL does it as well . That prog is resource hog fron h e double hockey stick

I'll be off for a few hrs but I can still try and help later

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It works for me, in fact I checked your profile Frightener. I don't think I have seen anyone with as many friends as you. Well done.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It happens to me too and I hav a nice rig with 4 GB RAM ... If I'm doing tons of video stuff ... 15 Applications and 25+ tabs in Firefox open I'll loose audio or video capability in some of my apps or in Firefox.

You have an HP ... They install tons of Bogus software that bogs the machine down.

Close your browser (that's what I did) and/or restart your machine.

Nicknames are a simple link and no java scripting or cookies are required so it's a browser issue... very likely.

Restarting the PC never hurts.

(Also, before throwing a PC through a window, make sure to open the window first (check for innocent bystanders)... Then launch that sucka. Alternatively, chaining it behind a pickup is very popular in southern locations.)

[edit on 4·6·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

The member profile and post search function works fine here...been using it for the last 4 hours too try and find any nice posts or encouraging and complimentary comments towards any regular member from a particular site owner. Collating the best ones.
Very handy to find posts by members.
May I suggest that you update your browser and clear your cache. It may help speed things up for you.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks again, and here I thought you were just an Evil Bat!

Yeah, this little machine is aged now, clogged with tons of unnecessary stuff!

And video- VIDEO!! . . .OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! (Didn't know I needed a seperate card!) Takes more than a half-hour for a minute or two's worth!

I heard OPERA in chat from someone a while ago-they swear by it!
Thanks again, I'm due for a little shut-eye soon, so I'll prob be off till tomorrow night.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Thanks very much, Bloggie! (Love the name!)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Thank-you, Doctor;

Your diagnosis seems reasonable; it's your prescription that I'm laughing hysterically at!

Here in WI, we use alot of chainsaws; so every problem starts to look like a tree trunk!

As satisfying as it would be to rip into this computer with my Stihl 660 Magnum chainsaw, I'll have to wait til I get a new one first! (Oh the shards)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Wow! Thanks Zep!

I've always loved the profile thing; but you're talking about zipping right to posts by member. . . .cool. Never thought of that. After I shut down, I can only hope she's back to normal aggrevations, rather than this 'playing hard to get' attitude!

THANKS EVERYONE for helping me this evening. I appreciate it! From all the great input, it sounds like it's MY COMPUTER,,, not ATS.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Make sure that when you click, you are not opening a new tab with the desired info.

It doesn't always appear on your working screen.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks Becky, I've had that happen before, so from time to time, I drag my working screen down a bit to look behind it! But that wasn't the prob here.

It's working fine now...?

But when I clicked 'reply to' on your post, it didn't show as a 'reply to'...?

Just glad it's back, so I'm visiting profiles again with ease...

P.S. Well done, on receiving so many applauses!

top topics

join