It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the earth move and rotate on its axis?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Astonishing. This thread has forced me to re-evaluate my beliefs about the impossibility of time travel. Apparently this board is being frequented by transplanted Sumerians.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The universe has no centre.
edit on 29-4-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

.....universe has no centre......

?

Incorrect.....it revolves around me!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I remember, I was in an *altered state* of mind, and I found myself adjusting my perspective to be aligned with the tilt of the Earth, from that perspective, basically, it was as if everything was on a slant, I was losing my balance as my brain had somehow connected itself to the orbital axis and not the centre of gravity.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArmorOfGod

The deflection of starlight known as stellar aberration is NOT due to the Earth’s motion, but is an external bending of light before reaching the telescope. i.e. It's caused by the movement of the ether.

lol - ether - which ether would that be then??

Ethylene oxide?
Dimethyl ether?
Dimethoxyethane?
Dioxane?
Tetrahydrofuran?

One of the others??

Of course I think you actually mean Luminiferous aether - but hten the most developed theory of that was by Lorentz...and he said that it didn't actually move - the aether was completely motionaless.

so it seems you don't understand the theory you're invoking either (sic)!!

But thanks for the laugh!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArmorOfGod
Ya so either the satellite and the Earth are both stationary, which is what it looks like.

Or....the satellite is speeding round the Earth at...what....10,000kmph? In perfect unison with the alledged Earth rotation? Whilst simultaneously keeping up with the Earths alledged orbit of the sun (but keeping its own orbit) at a further 70,000lmph?

With not the slightest hint of a vibration, warping...undulation...or anything to indicate that whatever the camera is mounted on is moving at all. I dont buy it.

I don't think anyone here cares if you "buy it" or not. I for one have seen geosynchronous and geostationary satellites in orbit. Yes, they're rotating with the earth and they share earth's inertia in orbit around the sun, which is the reason they remain in orbit instead of falling straight down to the surface.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join