It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Several Killed' in italy Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

'Several Killed' in italy Quake

news.bbc.co.uk

Four children died in the city of L'Aquila when their house collapsed, and local media reports suggest there were at least two more deaths.

A civil protection official told Reuters news agency that the earthquake could leave thousands of people homeless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Since powerful earthquakes are relatively rare in this region, I am sure most of these people, if not all, were completely caught off guard by this tragedy.

Another 4.8 magnitude aftershock quake was felt about an hour after the large one.

With the 3 earlier quakes and the larger one being as shallow as they were, I think they may have been lucky that more damage and deaths did not occur.

Although it is still early and rescue crew are still combing the "ruins", hopefully no more lives were lost.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Good reporting twitcho! You got this one up PDQ! I was looking on the map to see how close this was to veuvius ( always looking to make sure Edgar Cayce was wrong) bu truly, Vesuvius is not far from ANY location in Italy. Hope that was the last of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Earthquakes tend to be a side hobby of mine.. so when there is a large one, It tends to keep me up late.

I just hope as the hours carry on, there are not more deaths to be reported. It is bad enough "thousands" may be left homeless.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
THREAD ALREADY HERE Huge earthquake strikes Italian heart

[edit on 4/6/2009 by biomehanika]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

Thanks I already reported myself to the mods about 30 seconds after I posted this thread... yet it still remains.

In all fairness, that other thread was not mentioning any deaths or destruction, until after this one was posted.

That one focused on the quake itself.. this one on the results.

new topics

top topics

join