It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police Assault of G20 Demonstration Bystander Led to Heart Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

VIDEO: Police Assault of G20 Demonstration Bystander Led to Heart Attack

www.infowars.com

The man who died during last week’s G20 protests was “assaulted” by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents. One claims he was struck on the head with a baton.

Photographer Anna Branthwaite said: “I can remember seeing Ian Tomlinson. He was rushed from behind by a riot officer with a helmet and shield two or three minutes before he collapsed.” Branthwaite, an experienced press photographer, has made a statement to the IPCC.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police Assault of G20 Demonstration Bystander Led to Heart Attack
Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Mark Townsend and Paul Lewis

The G20 protests were peaceful and non-violent, that is until agents provocatuers and police turned it into a riot.

More than enough witnesses support allegations of police beatings. Amiri Howe, reported seeing Mr. Ian Tomlinson being hit “near the head” by a police-officer with a baton. Howe took one of the many photographs, which show a clearly dazed Mr. Tomlinson being helped by a caring bystander.

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Oh and in regards to the video..... it was all decided upon the nod of the leading officer.

No missiles were thrown, in fact if you look, you'll notice half the group is sitting down playing drums.... no rioters, no nutters just peaceful people....

THEN the police come charging in [...]
[edit on 5-4-2009 by mr-lizard]
Yep, it also coincided with some of the charges down the road in Threadneedle street. It was an attack by the nazi polis.

And this just in the guy who died WAS hit by police battons. [...]

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You've been doing good all day with the "breaking news articles", but someone beat you to this one....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crappy story nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

As usual, I appreciate your help. I was having trouble finding that article in this section, until you alerted me.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Murderers!!

I hope this cop swings for this. Well, maybe in another country. Probably better than joing to jail for a copper though, death. Cos jail will be just like waiting for death, knowing that it's coming at any given moment.

It's undefensible.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
As I stated In another thread, this is only one occasion where this guy was pushed to the ground by riot police. I saw another incident minutes earlier where two officers ran ahead of the police line around 10 meters to push him to the pavement because he was blocking a police van. I seriously hope something good comes from this poor mans death.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The actual video of the assault seems to be missing from the thread. So here it is.

www.guardian.co.uk...

And it's utterly disgusting.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Murderers!!

I hope this cop swings for this. Well, maybe in another country. Probably better than joing to jail for a copper though, death. Cos jail will be just like waiting for death, knowing that it's coming at any given moment.

It's undefensible.

Too right, the officer should be done for manslaughter imo, if a burgler causes an elderly victim to suffer a heart attack and they die they can be done for manslaughter (quite rightly too!) so why shouldnt this police officer?
Scumbag - bet he isnt so up for it now!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The video is disgusting in my opinion. This man was totally innocent. He was simply heading home after a days work.

You can see in the video that he's got his hands in his pockets and he's facing away from the Police. What kind of coward hits a innocent man with their back to them? Please, somebody tell me, because I was bought up with certain principles, and hitting somebody who's already down, is just plain wrong.

You then see that Pig hit the chap with a truncheon before violently pushing him knowing full well that he'll go flying as he's just been imbalanced by the blow to his lower leg. He falls heavily and smacks his head.

Now, I've heard similar stories to this in the past. The difference being, just replace the pigs with muggers. The scum bag robbed a old chap and he fell and hit his head. The old fellow didn't die immediately. I can't be precise, but I think he had a heart attack about a week later whilst in hospital whilst recovering from the injuries he sustained in the street robbery.

The mugger was convicted of manslaughter and I think he got ten years. There is no difference here folks. The pathetic Police officer killed that man and he should be convicted of manslaughter.

Hopefully, this video footage will be able to highlight the behaviour of a small minority of mindless thugs who work for the Police. Hopefully some good will come from this man's death.

RIP my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Regarding the video of the assault on Ian Tomlinson, the 'police officer' who carried out the assault does not appear to be in uniform, that is, he has no epulettes bearing his number on his shoulders, which if you look at other officers on the video, they can clearly be seen, so therfore he is not officially on duty, either that or he is impersonating a police officer, which I doubt, because he seems to walk off to the right and talk to a senior officer after the assault.
I may be mistaken about this, can anyone with knowledge of police uniform protocol clarify?

new topics

top topics

join