It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's reaction to aliens- Re: Spreading awareness & belief systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Following are a series of questions that I would like to ask fellow ATS members. I realize that these questions have come up in threads in the past with various wording but I would like to see what current active members have to say about these questions:

How would our world react to finding out that aliens have been amongst us for hundreds of thousands of years when taking our worlds religions into consideration?

Would this make us become confused?

Would this make us want to work together more?

Would this cause world upheaval?

How do you think we could carefully implement something to slowly let the general populations throughout the world come to terms with this?

Knowing that governments are hiding this knowledge from us, how could the population slowly learn?

Is there still a way that this could work?

Also, could the freedom of speech be utilized in a group effort to make the information become widespread?

Knowing that the worlds religions would be challenged, how could we safely handle the numerous questions religious believers would have?

What do you think? Do you have an opinion?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i didnt believe in this much but maybe the gov does have crappy plans i met some native dude his cousin lives in london he went to the G20 summit meeting he said there were like 10000 people on the news though they reported 2000-4000 so i dunno i never hear about stuff like that in my real life so thats crazy anyway i believe we could perfectly deal with knowing aliens are around but knowing our government has been lying would anger us they should be taught a lesson in respect for all beings and if you cant even appreciate your own race the human race then you should go to some planet where everyone rips apart everyone and gets to do whatever the hell they want. lol a.k.a a less controlled version of earth.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
We can't rely on the government to tell us the whole truth, we have to find it out ourselves... at least at this point in the game (no pun intended)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The Human Beings of this Earth will be much more accepting of aliens then has previously thought thanks to aliens being shown on T.V. and the movies, real or make believe.

The real problem is when the aliens circumvent the governments of this Earth that already have treaties with these aliens and the aliens go directly to the people and start communications with them then a big problem will occur.

The governments would have the fear of losing control of the people of this Earth as their tax slaves. The aliens could say they have a better way with free energy and a system with no money with all your humanly wants and needs taken care of without domination of One World Government.
There are many scenarios this is but one.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The thing is many are already having personal experiences &/or personal ufo sightings with aliens and it's only a matter of time that this catches up ... then what are governments going to do?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnslight
The thing is many are already having personal experiences &/or personal ufo sightings with aliens and it's only a matter of time that this catches up ... then what are governments going to do?

As a person who has recently gotten confirmation that his whole life has been filled with (extra-terrestrial) contacts, I can say that my outlook has changed dramatically since the beginning of the new year.

I understand that perception is reality for many people. For some, their world is only as big as FOX news and American Idol allows it to be. For others who don't follow the MSM, their world may be much bigger. I've realized that my world has expanded exponentially this year, and while I don't have a full understanding, I know that many things that are currently perceived as a "big deal", aren't really that big in the long run.

I think it's the unkown aspect of the future that scares most people. The like the box that they're in and they don't want it to go away because they are afraid of the real world. As many times as I've seen the cliched use of Alice's "rabbit hole", it's very much true. The hole is deeper than one can possibly imagine.

I am just as guilty as the next guy, though. The world remains uncertain, yet I still find myself using my free time to take online college classes even though I have yet to take a class that has provided me more information than I have learned in the 12 years since I graduated high shcool. It's that "what if" that holds me here. I'm finding myself trying to not commit too far into any new aspect because I don't want to have to let go of that rope without knowing exactly what the next one looks like.

Just my opinion...I may very well be wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Are you asking in this thread how those who are experiencers can get their message out to the world more effectively? Because right now, the internet is probably the best way. I'm not sure how one would go about spreading or forcing disclosure, human side, without a real et presence suddenly making themselves known. In fact, is it something that ets want at this point, or are they waiting for the moment when its meant to happen?

There have been a few contactees who have brought up that there will be a moment when the experiencers will be called together to give their message to the world. I take it this means a certain group, perhaps experiencing the same group of ets, amongst the larger group? Also, since timeline changes can take place, and disasters may not be written in stone, is it a sure thing?

These are the things I wonder about. One of the best ways I can think of to get people more aware on a local level is to start regional forums a bit like ats with local advertising. Of course, one of the topics would be ufology. If this was run like a non-profit, monies could be sunk into community events, and target interested groups. Ie. teenagers learning to build infared telescopes, ufo watching groups, mediation groups. Perhaps evidence would grow as they reveal themselves to us. Another important category might be a survival group, community seed banks, ham radio building, cob house and alternative house construction post sitx. Alternative moneyless societies.
Also a good platform for sharing films like End Games, Zeitgeist and many others to the community.

I've been toying with this as a good idea to start in every region. This could include online radio interviews and media housing as well. It could be very interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Considering the disclosure project has not awoken a vast majority even with a national press conference, it goes to show you that people will put their beliefs before truth. Some people would literally have to have the alien to shove something up their @$$ before they will accept the possibility of it being real.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What I love is how people will view clips for STS-whatever and see for themselves, objects moving intelligently and independenly of any other object in that space and they still place their beliefs in a book that centers around events written 2-3 hundred years prior.

The masses will wake up when they decide to...they have proven time and again that they don't like living outside their comfort zone.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe if the Government announced alien contact, and they that ETs are real, then it would change the way alot of people view life.
I honestly believe they are among us, the government knows, but does not release this info to the public, incase of mass world panic.

So when they announce it, it will change my life alot, because as much as I think I know, i barely know a thing about them. I would probably take alot of time to research, study and try and get to know our galactic brothers as much as possible

Also, after being interested in Aliens, and researching them over the past few years, i have given up religion, and based my beliefs on the fact that some races of aliens created religion, and they are actually are gods, yet most people don't know it. It that was announced then alot of wars would stop, as religion is the cause of pretty much all wars.
Thanks,
Jacob

[edit on 6/4/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What I'm talking about is taking these issues, the ones we see daily on ats to a local level, in our communities, supported by local advertising, with public input.
This is where the info needs to get circulated, at a community level. We need to be focusing locally to wake people up, and if it was done right with money sunk back into the community by hosting fun projects and awareness, such as building an infared dobson telescope for use by the community group and many good events, this would wake people up, I'd say, like nothing else. It was also one of the postcards I received from them when we were seeing a craft, and my son and I were pinged to go outside when they came back in September, October and November. In November a message was given to me about doing work at local levels in your community. Not to think of the world, but rather region by region, community by community, grass roots and trying to share the work so no one person can be targeted.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You would have many religious throwbacks from every denomination from every religion who would proclaim these aliens as demons and agents of Satan, or their local religious analog of evil, and they would try to kill them at every chance.

The average person would probably accept the fact that there is alien life in the universe and are probably open to the idea of intelligent alien life touching down on earth in their lifetimes.
How it would affect their world-view would depend on the person. There are just as many extreme and crazy people as there are logical, rational men and women.

The problems arise when you encounter the highly ignorant and poorly educated religious fundamentalists. They hate and fear anything that isn't approved of in their holy books and are in the process of trying to drag the human race back into the dark ages in every point of the globe. They would strike with the flaming sword of God at anything that is not human.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomiser
As a person who has recently gotten confirmation that his whole life has been filled with (extra-terrestrial) contacts, I can say that my outlook has changed dramatically since the beginning of the new year.

I know what you mean by a dramatic change in outlook, it's hard to go back ... how is it possible once your whole world view has been changed?

I think it's the unkown aspect of the future that scares most people. The like the box that they're in and they don't want it to go away because they are afraid of the real world. As many times as I've seen the cliched use of Alice's "rabbit hole", it's very much true. The hole is deeper than one can possibly imagine.

What is the real world? Seems like the real world includes aliens, it's just that not enough people have gotten a shot of reality yet. IMO at least.

Originally posted by mystiq
Are you asking in this thread how those who are experiencers can get their message out to the world more effectively? Because right now, the internet is probably the best way. I'm not sure how one would go about spreading or forcing disclosure, human side, without a real et presence suddenly making themselves known. In fact, is it something that ets want at this point, or are they waiting for the moment when its meant to happen?

That is one of my questions Mystiq, have so many at this point.... The internet does seem to be the best way for access into any persons living room to get the point across. Wouldn't it be nice to just have an et friend (physically) come along for the day and you could show all your friends and family and say, ok, see I'm not just making this up, do you see'm? I wish. I hope ets are wanting to show themselves more and also that the timing would be nearer than some may think, can only wish then ask.

There have been a few contactees who have brought up that there will be a moment when the experiencers will be called together to give their message to the world. I take it this means a certain group, perhaps experiencing the same group of ets, amongst the larger group? Also, since timeline changes can take place, and disasters may not be written in stone, is it a sure thing?

Be curious to see what group would step out onto front stage.... Makes you wonder what other timeline changes could take place, a firm believer on that one for sure Mystiq, not everything could possibly be written in stone. That's probably part of what is making this whole unfolding of events so interesting, imagining so.

These are the things I wonder about. One of the best ways I can think of to get people more aware on a local level is to start regional forums a bit like ats with local advertising. Of course, one of the topics would be ufology. If this was run like a non-profit, monies could be sunk into community events, and target interested groups. Ie. teenagers learning to build infared telescopes, ufo watching groups, mediation groups. Perhaps evidence would grow as they reveal themselves to us. Another important category might be a survival group, community seed banks, ham radio building, cob house and alternative house construction post sitx. Alternative moneyless societies.
Also a good platform for sharing films like End Games, Zeitgeist and many others to the community.

If enough people were comfortable enough to step out of their closets to admit they do believe in aliens then maybe we could get enough individuals involved in a massive world wide grass roots effort. The financial support would be awesome too. Talk about informing the public!

I've been toying with this as a good idea to start in every region. This could include online radio interviews and media housing as well. It could be very interesting.

Seriously agree, something should be done about this, how many others would be willing to jump on the band wagon out there???

[edit on 6-4-2009 by dawnslight]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellirium113
Considering the disclosure project has not awoken a vast majority even with a national press conference, it goes to show you that people will put their beliefs before truth.

After enough events unfold as time progresses we may finally get to that point where more of us believe than disbelieve, it's such a foreign idea to most people, but then again so was the idea of a flat earth...

Originally posted by randomiser
The masses will wake up when they decide to...they have proven time and again that they don't like living outside their comfort zone.

Will it be the culmination of a massive conscious awakening that may cause ets to reveal themselves on a grand scale that the media could absolutely not deny?

Originally posted by JacobNH
I honestly believe they are among us, the government knows, but does not release this info to the public, incase of mass world panic.

Because of world panic and the "rulers that be" don't want to lose control, God forbid.

Also, after being interested in Aliens, and researching them over the past few years, i have given up religion, and based my beliefs on the fact that some races of aliens created religion, and they are actually are gods, yet most people don't know it. It that was announced then alot of wars would stop, as religion is the cause of pretty much all wars.

Religion has become a difficult issue for many, often because of man's greed and desire for control IMO. It appears that the essence of spirituality goes back to some life force, more powerful than the creators you speak of and that others are becoming aware of. We ought to learn this area more, this is so important. It may not be too long till the word Sumerian will be a much more common term.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawsnlight
Will it be the culmination of a massive conscious awakening that may cause ets to reveal themselves on a grand scale that the media could absolutely not deny?

Honestly, I don't know. There are a lot of different theories on how the public will become quickly immersed in a positive ET world. I think people who have a few personal experiences are more open to the realization that they are, in fact, here.

A mass contact, though? For some reason that just smells of disaster. I'm not quite sure how the public would take it. Hell, even an elevation of consciousness would be dangerous. Can you imagine waking up one morning and hearing thoughts no of your own origin? Some people will think that they, themselves, are crazy.

There is one thing I do know. The ETs, capable of inter-stellar travel, are much smarter than any of us care to admit. I think they understand the dangers of a mass events until the waters are tested. They understand our technology and are currently working with certain contactees to bring about an introduction that won't cause mass hysteria. I think the ramped up sightings this year alone is proof of that. Youtube has been around for over 5 years now and I don't think it's any coincidence that dozens of sightings videos are popping up every week. Change is coming.

Originally posted by dawnslight
Religion has become a difficult issue for many, often because of man's greed and desire for control IMO. It appears that the essence of spirituality goes back to some life force, more powerful than the creators you speak of and that others are becoming aware of. We ought to learn this area more, this is so important. It may not be too long till the word Sumerian will be a much more common term.

Coincidentally, I just informed my father about my contacts and my interest in initiating further contacts. He was certainly taken aback. I also just found out that where he had turned his back on religion years ago, he has since returned to the church. My estimation is that religion for him is a grounding force in these tumultuous times.

What I was recently told, and now I'm starting to see signs of, is how different the history of Earth is compared to what we were told in school. From my understanding, it's very, very different reality where ET contact was a pretty normal occurance. If that's the case, it's quite a pity that we live in a world where our 'benevolent' government is 'protecting' us from the lies they helped create.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hi peeplz! I'm new here and this is my very first post.
I live in a middle-sized town in Finland and things have gotten weirder here almost each day. People quit church after a lifetime of 'service', they quit their jobs and act unusually.
I've always been a slight oddity with people, yet not. As a fulltime artist, I've learned to observe stuff very closesy and from different angles. Same things has been with religions, political views, monsters, aliens and overall weird stuff that's been 'haunting' our planet recently even more commonly manner.

So.. what I've noticed that these events about aliens and UFOs might effect seriously on people's psyches. After all, we're all about mind & bodies and electricity. The movie "The day the earth stood still" was a simplified example of our biology and how easy it would really be for advanced (hostile) species to wipe us out.
But if these aliens (or ultraterrestrials, as John A Keel calls them for not being from outerspace at all?) have been among us or hovering our skies for ages by now, why haven't they acted hostily? I'm just asking.
If our 'precious' and 'wise' governments want to hide this from public, then it can only mean that they are just as clueless what to do about them as the rest of the population.
Same thing goes with paranormal beings, such as spirits, ghosts, dream marks etc. People are still so very clueless and unable to explain these phenomenons.
Optics is one element that dominates human senses by over 70 %. We depend hopelessly on our vision in most what we do daily basis. We are to believe that without vision there can't be anything to see. but of course that is not the case. And I'm not talking about mushrooms etc to expand the ways of vision. Brain has naturally all the elements we need to expand our Very cornered and left-brain oriented thinking to a much more whole use of the mind's capacity.

I only have come to realization that only way to actually communicate these spactacular beings who could very well be all those 'gods' (someone pointed this out earlier well) mankind has ever created or they have created for man, is through meditation and very silent individualistic ways.
Since the areas of the mind are limitless and are unbound by concrete space-time continuum, then by that way it would be very easy to calm ourselves down and let go of this fear and possible panic about any invasion, if we would stop acting as stupid monkeys with war-axes and fear of death all the time. That is the problem of humans and the only obstacle between evolution and regaining balance.
You think those so called aliens would know primal concepts like 'fear' or 'death'? They are clearly build differently, are formed from light/photon-particles and pure energy, so maybe it's time to reeeally step out of the 3d-box-jail and think about things in much wider perspective.

Silence, meditation, spiritual evolution - communication. That's the key to know these amazing beings in my opinion

btw.. and I have a lot of success in that matter and let me tell you - there's no fear of any kind. All fear and scary things are creations of our own fears -not them. It's good to remember that people are the ones who need to wake up, we're here to be educated and once we've created the bond with a higher entity, it's all about nirvana man.

As the famous lyrics goes:
"Words like violence,
break the silence, come crashing in,
into my little world.
Painful to me,
hits right through me,
thought you'd understand,
oh my little girl.

All I've ever wanted,
all I've ever needed is here in my arms.
Words are very unnessesary,
they can only do harm"

So in my opinion people should stop fuzzing about petty imbessil governents and approach things bravely and intellectually - from deep within themselves. We're not the sheep, we're spirits and free beings with a unique perspective to share - to anyone, even to gods themselves.

phew.. long first message, hope you got patience to read it through

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Aurorean]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Aurorean]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnslight

dawnslight:

How would our world react to finding out that aliens have been amongst us for hundreds of thousands of years when taking our worlds religions into consideration?

The religious crowd would have a fit, for certain. They would cry demons, and lord know what else.Many religious folk would commit suicide, I think, along with many non religious folks. some will not be able to handle it, but the percentage.

Would this make us become confused?

Some of us, for sure, but some of us have been waiting for ET for years. It will be a confusing time for awhile, but with ET technology to help us to heal our planet, the confusion will fade.

Would this make us want to work together more?

Unknown at this time.

Would this cause world upheaval?

Only to the NWO minions who wish to control the world and us too.

How do you think we could carefully implement something to slowly let the general populations throughout the world come to terms with this?

Has not this very thing already been done? Movies and TV shows have been preparing us for many years now.

Knowing that governments are hiding this knowledge from us, how could the population slowly learn?

They might be hiding it from us, but the human race is not stupid, and we have figured out a great many things that TPTB would rather we do not know.

Is there still a way that this could work?

I think as long as it does not look like a massive invasion, and if there is no effort to fight them off, everything will work out fine, after a short time, that is.

Also, could the freedom of speech be utilized in a group effort to make the information become widespread?

Are you taking about free speech in the entire world? That alone would help a lot of things, especially in nations like China and the Arab nations.

Knowing that the worlds religions would be challenged, how could we safely handle the numerous questions religious believers would have?

Hmmm. I guess a forum could be set up, much like this one, and do it on the net. That would be the easy way. I myself have awoken more than a few in this way, by pointing people to websites that already exist.

What do you think? Do you have an opinion?

I think mankind has always known that there is more than just us humans on this medium planet on the edge of a minor star cluster at the edge of a vast universe. ET has been interacting with mankind for many thousands of years, not to mention the aliens(?) who are living underground, and have been here all the time. I just hope if these decide to go away, they don't take their spacecraft along with them, we need that to light our skies at night, and to make our tides work as we are used to. I am taking of course, about the Moon. It will, upon full disclosure, take a time for everyone to get used to the idea that they are real, but people can adapt to most anything.

top topics

join