It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicali lies on 'assault weapons:' The real agenda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Mexicali lies on 'assault weapons:' The real agenda?

www.examiner.com

In an apparent application of “big lie” theory, media outlets continue to promulgate the now-discredited myth that “90%” of the weapons seized from Mexican drug gangs are smuggled from the U.S.

But the fact that most of the guns originate in South America, China or Russia, with only around 17% being smuggled from the U.S., didn’t stop the Associated Press from reporting recently that “Most of the weapons being used in the Mexican drug wars…are smuggled across the border from gun dealers in the United States.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is interesting ... why would the associated press release this 90% number? oh wait that's right they don't check the facts ... they just try to put their stories out faster then the competition ... this doesn't surprise me at all ... i know, this is fox news, but i kind of believe that the press most likely lied ...

could their be a bigger agenda at work? i don't know what are your thoughts?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If I had to guess it's part of the usual pattern. Liberal Democrats push for and justify the 'we are all just open minded people who really only want to give people hugs' laws through while they are in office...

so...

When Republicans come to power again they can oppress and abuse the people who have nothing but hugs in their arsenal to counter with.

They want to disarm America and from the looks of things you are going to see one violent act after another with serious gun fatalities until people are screaming for America to be disarmed.

One day people might even realize it's the corrupt and inept government that create the laws and conditions that drive most peace loving people to violence.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey... I am with you on the MSM "exaggerations to outright lies"

Check out the data:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The best of the best lie is this one:
experts.foreignpolicy.com...

There are nearly 7,000 gun shops along the southern U.S. border, about three for every mile. They sell thousands of hand grenades, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, AK-47s, and "cop killer" guns and bullets that cut through Kevlar body armor. The weapons quickly flow south, again with barely a nod from U.S. Border Patrol.

What? Are you freeking serious? What gun store sells grenades, RPG's, Grenade Launchers, and full auto weapons? Time to go to that "Bass Pro Shop" (sarcasm)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by infolurker]

join