It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas for surviving volcanos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
here is a list of my ideas some weird some not

*People could use air filters, have face mask, wear goggles, and gas masks.

*I have heard people who have experienced a volcanic eruption say that air filters can get rid of most of the dangerous also know as fine particles.

*Food could be imported during disasters such as a volcano if the other country is not affected from said eruption.

*People could temporarily live underground, underwater or in space. Plant could be grown indoors as well.

*On mythbusters they showed that chocolate can stop a sulfiric acid leak.

*water can be filters and cleaned out as well. Another alternative is to have it imported.

*on the wiered side the ash from a volcano could be vaccumed if a crazy enough person could figure out how.

*a method of filtering which I do not know much about is electro static precipitation

*One of the most important is to learn more about volcanoes. Experts say they can not predict how dangerous a volcano might be and many still do not have very good ideas of prediciting when although they say that is the one they know the most.

* Some ideas for prediciting how far the ash will carry is by understanding previous eruption and how far the ash spread. This has been done with yellowstone, just look for pictures of how far the ash spreads.

* Maybe humans could find a material that can survive pat 3000 degrees celcius (how hot magma usually is. Some inspiration is that the earths core is solid.

* Another idea on the far out side is for humans to create forcefields. This can protect cities almost in the way having a super durable dome would. One possiblity of doing this is with plasma which can be contained in a magnetic field simmilar to how the sun is.

* Another use for plasma could be creating artificial ozone or an environment humans could temporarily live in with all their human needs such as oxygen.

Look it all up yourself if you want

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ummm, I do not think that you have much of a chance surviving a volcanic eruption. People should stay the hell away from volcanoes. Lord Xenu killed entire civilizations of aliens by placing them near volcanoes, then triggering eruptions with nukes. The crazy bastard.

Instead of buying all of this equipment, I would pay to move if I happened to live anywhere near a volcano.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Lord Xenu? Uh, ok.

The best advice IS to move away from volcanic areas.
It's the only way to guarantee survival.

And Lord Xenu can't destroy you that way!

join