It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SXWC) Rundown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Jozer had finally reached the end of his trip. He was just a 14 year old boy, but he had crossed a continent and an ocean to reach the UNR quarters, without dying! The 134 other children that followed him weren't hurt either. The guards couldn't believe what they saw through the shield.

Commandant Sorenesen: "How can they be alive? It's a miracle that they survived. Open gate number 5."
The operator in the shield control room executes promptly.
Operator:"Should I direct them through decontamination?"
Sorensen:"Of course. Although it's obvious they aren't infected"
Operator:"There might be a number of reasons. Maybe genetics."
Sorensen:"Let's run DNA sampling for all of them. Maybe we can learn something interesting."

Sorensen leaves the control room and enters the mile high elevator. On the way down he watches the dark clouds dancing in the sky. It can't be chance, these kids have to know something, he thinks. As he reaches the ground, he discovers the surprise waiting for him behind the doors. The people of the first floor had came to help the refugee children. Deep inside, it warmed his heart.

Sorensen:"Civilians get out of the way! Let the medical personnel do its job!"

Two hours later...

Jozer sits in an interrogation style room, handcuffed to a chair. Sorensen and Dana Williams, the scientific representative from the government, look at him through the tinted window.
Williams:"He surely doesn't look afraid."
Sorensen:"I think he knows more that he tells. His story just doesn't hold up."
Williams:"Nobody has ever made it to here. Somehow they were protected from the nano-machines."
Sorensen:"Do you think we could be able to use it to?"
Williams:"If it's not genetic probably."

Sorensen enters the interrogation room. He sits on a chair in front of Jozer.
Sorensen:"Tell me your story again."
Jozer:"I already told you."
Sorensen:"I know. Say it againt. And make it better."

Jozer:"I was a beggar in the King's Valley with the other kids. We sold bottled water to tourists. On dec 21th the sun went out. It was warm but there was no light. I got lost in the ruins and stumbled into an entrance I had never seen before. The hieroglyphs said it was Amenhotep's tomb. There was an explanation about pyramids and solar technology. It mentioned the period of the black sun. It said it was the time when pharaoh would come back. It said that death would come shortly afterward from the sky."
Sorensen:"Did it say if there was anyway to fight it?"
Jozer:"There is no way to fight it. It is the spirit of the planet. Time has come for a new creation. It is pointless to resist. It is part of the mechanisms of life that created us, and now demands us to surrender for other lifeforms to evolve."
Sorensen:"Bullsh*t! There is just something out there eating us out and if we can stop it we can survive."
Jozer:"The nano-machines have been there for thousands of years before mankind. It has made all the known mass extinctions but humans have already survived it in the past. However, the nano-machines can't be stopped, they simply respond to harmonic frequencies emitted by the black sun."
Sorensen:"How long is this going to last?"
Jozer:"Three days."
Sorensen:"Well this has been going on for 2 months now, and 97% percent of the world population has already been whipped out. You're just wasting my time."
Sorensen exists the interrogation room.

Williams awaits for him in the corridor.
Williams:"Don't be too hard on him he's just a kid."
Sorensen:"He's not a kid. He knows something and we need to find out what it is. I'm going to grab a torture kit!"

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the contribution my friend. I hope you do well in the contest.

wupy

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nice story!
I want to find out what happends, is there a part 2?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah I could continue if some people are interested in reading.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yes please I would love for you to continue the flow of your story. it has an interesting connection to Egypt and the Pyramids which most likely does have something to do with 2012 and the Mayan prophecy.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Egyptians, pyramids, nanomachines and a bunch of paranoid scientists faced with a reality they can never accept.

I, for one, am glad you finished where you did with the call for torture.

Nicely put together, townio. The dialogue was easy to read and certainly conveyed the thoughts of the characters well.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I liked this alot.
Rogue nanotech, the black sun, egyptology, and ancient mythology. Most dangerous thing: Nanites fueled by the power of God.
I've noticed that sort of theme recurring in this story comp, really enjoying that.
please finish this piece.
Noticed one or two minor mistakes, nothing major; such as

Sorensen:"Well this has been going on for 2 months now, and 97% percent of the world population has already been whipped out. You're just wasting my time."

whereas that should read wiped.
Very nice piece anyways, but really really needs a part two, a climax and a finish, feels half done.
Would be nice to see the scientists triumph over the plague, an explanation as to the childrens journey, how cooperation prevails.

new topics

top topics

join