It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King: Allowing Gay Marriage Will Make Iowa The ‘Gay Marriage Mecca’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I have no idea what goes on in the heads of people who fear gay marriage. It doesn't hurt anyone else. It certainly doesn't effect my life if two dudes or two girls decide they want to tie the knot.

Go back a few posts because you obviously have not read what i have said on the matter of people being hurt by gay relationships.

You say it certainly doesn't effect your life, well it would if your parents were gay because you wouldn't be here if they were.

Gay relationship have caused lots of hurt to familys whose children have become gay.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

It isn't the parents decision to make. If two consenting adults want to be a homosexual couple, then its their legal and ethical right to do so. Your saying that you believe that gay people should be denied the LEGAL right to marry based on your own situation.

Homosexuals can be married by the religious organization of their choice, and there isn't anything a lawmaker can do about that. The new law pertains to the legal, licensed right to marriage, which is a different matter entirely then the non-legal sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDustman

It isn't the parents decision to make. If two consenting adults want to be a homosexual couple, then its their legal and ethical right to do so. Your saying that you believe that gay people should be denied the LEGAL right to marry based on your own situation.

What i am saying is that i personally don't think homosexuality is right.
If someone wants to marry a person of thier own sex and the law allows it then i can do nothing about it, but don't expect me to jump up and down with joy.
I think society is going down the plughole rapid and watching all the gay people on tv kissing each other makes me puke.
In Germany they teach that parents should touch and arouse thier childrens sex organs.
I think it was on ATS that i saw the news that it is now legal for some faith or other to rape thier wife's.

the more these sort of laws are passed the worse it will get and i pity those who have to bring thier children up in todays society.

Oh, one more thing, as i walked just 30 yds from my house last week, there was a used condom hanging in the tree at eye level as mothers were taking thier children to school.
What sicko thought of that one. I did remove it.

I'll just hang around waiting to be crucified now.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I agree with you, Jon. And I understand what you are saying even though Dustman doesn't. You're saying the gay lifestyle itself is unnatural and will keep you from being a grandfather the way nature had intended. This does hurt you, personally. The fact that your son is with a man 28 years his senior has made you angry, and I agree that you have every right to be angry. This is your son, someone you raised and taught.

If this was happening with an older woman is beside the point - the relationship with an older person will probably come and go. The fact is there is no natural procreation possible with two gay people. That's an undeniable fact. And contrary to what people say, that two gay people being together doesn't hurt anyone, that's BS. It CAN hurt the people around them who fully believe in a natural progression of society.

Don't give up your principals, but you also have to remember that while it's perfectly okay to hate your son's lifestyle you must still remember he's your son and you need to always love him. It's okay to welcome him into your home while reminding him that his lifestyle needs to remain outside.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thank you for that.
I still love my son and talk to him weekly, i'm just old fashioned i guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have friends in Boone IA and this will not go over well anywhere in Iowa!!

Second verse same as the first.

Edit to add:
The people will not tolerate legislation from the bench in any form.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I have to agree with this post.

I am a firm believer that gays never hurt anybody but the people who weren't open minded enough to understand these things, however in this case I can see your point.

Yes you're son's relationship is preventing you from becoming a grand father, but what if you son adopts a child? Will you love him differently? Will it not be your "grandchild".

I don't mean to argue, and you are correct in saying you are old fashioned and the poster here made a good point. It is OK to disagree with his lifestyle, with anybody's for the matter.

It's when we begin to judge homosexuals only for their preference is when things become wrong and bigotted. This is the whole problem here, it's not that people think it's wrong, it's that people think that homosexuals in general are bad or twisted people.

It simply isn't true. And yes there is AMAZING ammounts of bigotry and rhetoric that could be dissolved and the argument against gay rights might actually make sense without it.

Me and my husband both have 3 children (none of which are gay) and have fostered a loving and productive home life. I don't think that anybody who looks at my family would ever say that we are bad people because of the lifestyle we lead, we are productive members of our community. I am business owner, my husband a Pediatrician.

It's simply a matter of allowing EVERYBODY regardless of who they are or who they are with, can have the same rights as other people whose only difference is their preference in bed.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by News And History

I am confused by your post.

Are you implying that this person is correct, in that gay marriage is unconstitutional?

Because truly it is his rhetoric that is unconstitutional, marriage is a religious practice, when we are suppose to have a seperation of the two, his statements make no sense.

I agree with California on this one, just change the language to Civil Union. Let the religious people get "married" and we will be content with Civil Union.

Trust me, it's not the label of "married" that we are after, it's simply the benefits provided by a lawful union between two people who love each other that we would like to enjoy as do all the heterosexual people.

~Keeper

Exactly, but there seems to be a lack of brains on the anti-gay side (who would have guessed). Marriage is recognized by religion, its like a club. A club title shouldn't have an impact outside of that institution. Civil unions should be given by government, marriage by the church. I'd say 95% of gays don't care about marriage, like I said its a club title. But they do want the benefits that exists in the "real world" that married couples get.

A gay person shouldn't be excluded from partner benefits, the ones straight people get. It's an entitlement for every person that they have the ability to get those benefits. Gays can't unless they turn straight, which is unreasonable to say the least.

I don't have a huge interest in the whole gay marriage debate, but I do support them since its fun to see the other side get so worked up. Don't they have anything better to do or worry about? They're like the slow kid on the playground that you're forced to play with.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I understand where your coming from, even if others dont seem to think that I do. I disagree with aspects of other peoples religions, cultures and societies. But I believe that it is their right, just like the ones you and I enjoy, to practice their lifestyle as they please, unless they are harming someone else with it. Disagreeing with, or believing they are incorrect, is different the harming. Harming would be causing physical discomfort, denying someone their God given rights, or otherwise preventing them from having the same opportunities as the rest of us.

However you feel about homosexuals, they do have a right to their share of our societal pie. Think of it like this.. If someone disagreed with your beliefs and way of living, how would you feel if they tried to deny you rights that the rest of the nation is legally entitled to?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

Build a bridge man! This isn't about you! If you can't love your son for who he is and you wish to invest yourself emotionally in draconian prejudices, I feel very sorry for you!... but more so your son.

Your son has not hurt you, it's your choice to feel hurt. You can either choose to accept it, and him (like it or not) or you can choose to be a victim over it.

IRM

[edit on 7/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I don't have a huge interest in the whole gay marriage debate, but I do support them since its fun to see the other side get so worked up. Don't they have anything better to do or worry about? They're like the slow kid on the playground that you're forced to play with.

Or maybe they are just concerned for the way society is heading nowdays.
I work on a voluntry basis with children with learning difficulties and sometimes it saddens me to think of the many other problems that they are going to have to face as thier lives progress.
The reason some people disagree with things is maybe they can see further afield than some.
Anyway, you enjoy the post and have some fun at my expence.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
Gay relationship have caused lots of hurt to familys whose children have become gay.

Um... the relationship didn't make them gay... they entered a gay relationship because they ARE gay.

So exactly how does allowing gay people to have a relationship hurt families?
How?

Because the family doesn't want to face the fact that their child is gay? Because their religion forbids them to accept their child for who he/she is?

What's next, is Atheism suddenly to be outlawed because religious families don't want to face the fact that their children don't believe in god?

There's no logic in this argument.

If someones family is "hurt" because their child turned out to be gay... then forget the family, they don't deserve to have children in the first place.

Bearing gay children doesn't hurt families.
Bearing gay children hurts the egos of religiously fascist parents.

If you can't accept the fact that your child turned out to be gay... you don't deserve to be a parent.

Hence, if someone is "hurt" by learning that your child is gay, they ought to take a good hard look in the mirror and assess the prejudicial scumbag looking back.

And if they DARE to try to enforce a "no relationships" rule on their child because they are gay... gimme their address. I and many others will never tolerate wannabe Nazi scum.

It wasn't right to oppress women with religious garbage.
It wasn't right to oppress other religions with religious garbage.
And it's not right to oppress gays with religious garbage.

They deserve a loving relationship just as much as you do...
If you disagree... you probably don't deserve whatever scraps of affection you're currently receiving.

... damn religious zealots and fascists are everywhere.
If religion and fascism have so many problems with reality... maybe reality's telling you it's time to wake up and realize you can't expect everyone to be exactly like you, like exactly the same things, nor believe exactly the same stupid fairytale.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by jon1

Build a bridge man! This isn't about you! If you can't love your son for who he is and you wish to invest yourself emotionally in draconian prejudices, I feel very sorry for you!... but more so your son.

Your son has not hurt you, it's your choice to feel hurt. You can either choose to accept it, and him (like it or not) or you can choose to be a victim over it.

IRM

[edit on 7/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

What planet are you from?
Read my posts correctly before you come on here spouting such nonsence.
I have just stated that i love my son and talk to him on a regular basis.
I have accepted it but i stated that i don't have to like it though.

Gee, some people!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Calm down, count to ten, then go and have a little snooze.
You will feel better afterwards.

Boy, talk about over reacting!!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jon1]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Originally posted by jon1

If someones family is "hurt" because their child turned out to be gay... then forget the family, they don't deserve to have children in the first place.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by johnsky]

And there are those like you in the pro-gay who says the anti-gay crowd is hateful and narrow-minded? You just did your cause a huge disservice and proved yourself to be a narrow minded, hateful individual, intolerant of a diversity of opinions. The pro-gay crowd would be much better off without people like you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join