It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No official Security Council reaction to North Korean launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

edition.cnn.com

An emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council concluded Sunday without an official reaction to North Korea ignoring repeated international warnings and launching a long-range rocket, the council president told reporters.

Consultations will go on among members to see what is the appropriate position that the council will take," said Claude Heller, the current Security Council president, and Mexico's U.N. ambassador. When the council would reconvene wasn't clear, but Heller said it would be "as soon as possible."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Can anybody say Veto?

I knew this would happen, alot of arm flailing and condeming rhetoric, but at the end of day, this gets swept under the rug as un-important.

The fact of that matter is, it was un-important to them, they simply sensationalized it in the media to get our focus off of the G20 Summit in London.

If they truly were "concerned" about NK they would have definetly come up with something to do, instead of screaming at eachother over tea and crumpits.

Still, the U.N. ambassador from China -- a council member and ally of North Korea expected to resist a resolution -- said the formal reaction to the reclusive nation should be "cautious and proportionate."

Well I guess we all know who held up the show eh? It's not surprising however, China does take care of their own, and they seem to have an interest in keeping NK the way it is, I wonder why that would be?

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/5/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

BAD NORTH KOREA!
THAT'S A REAL BAD NORTH KOREA!
Spank Spank.

Oh

Oh now,

Don't' cry!

OK now come here, wanna a hug?

Now there there it's gonna be all right

shhhh

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

O'rly?

Come on, was anyone really thinking that the U.N. would give a credible response or reaction? Hell, the Obama adminstration can't even give one.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

HAHAHAHA

That made my night, was is that from Team America?

Ohh it does sum up the reaction, we all knew it was going to boil down to complete chaos or just arm flailing.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 5-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Lol, Team America. That is all I think about when I read these North Korea threads. I need help.

America! f' Yeah! America!

I am so ronery

[edit on 5-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

new topics

top topics

join