It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck threatened over exposing FEMA camps.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Which of these versions of the Glenn Beck show is true? The first seems improbable, just based on a guy from the Hearst-owned Popular Mechanics talking about FEMA concentration camps.

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Did anyone watch his show today?

He talked about the government ran concentration camps...

In fact, they showed one image of alleged concentration camp... and the guy from popular mechanics said it was real and they were committing government autocracies there.

Originally posted by OwlMan
"I WANTED to debunk these FEMA CAMPS...I CAN'T debunk them! These are ACTUAL PRISONS built under the Bush administration." - Glenn Beck, March 03,2009 on "Fox and Friends"

"I don't believe that there are FEMA PRISONS...I mean...That would be CRAZY! - Glenn Beck today (April 06,2009) on his so-called "debunking" show...

Welcome to...THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
they probably threatened to put a bullet in his brother/fiancée/daughter or whoever he cares for . not difficult to figure out .

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Although I agree with most of you that Beck is a self promoting product of the main stream propaganda juggernaut, I do not understand why most of you place so much faith in Alex Jones. Every time I have been to his site, I get the impression I am at Walmart or better yet the flea market having someone trying to sell me something.

This man is making a mint off of people just like you all. He always has a video, special membership or something to peddle to you. If his intentions were noble, I believe with the money he makes from advertisement slots would more than feed his family, pay his bills, and finance not only his show but his lifestyle as well.

Alex Jones is a business folks. He is in it for the same reason as any business. Find something that is marketable and sell it. That's what he does. I would be less inclined to believe this if I could find anything worthwhile for free from him; however, I cannot.

Do you think that being a patriot is selling documentaries with valuable information to people many of whom cannot afford it, when you could easily make the information freely available like many many people do on you tube, google video...etc?

I am actually amazed that so many people that are professed skeptics place so much credibility in a man whom is doing nothing more than trying to peddle things and make money off of the very people he professes to serve.

I am sure that I am going to get hammered on this, but oh well that's how I personally feel about the guy. I think he is only out to serve himself and get as much money as he can by feeding off of the people's suspicions and distrust in the government.

If you do not agree with this, I welcome your opinion; but please, try to remain civil and mature about it. I am not calling all of you stupid, morons, ignorant or anything else because of your beliefs. I ask only that mine not be treated in that manner either.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Yeah he is kind of like the people who write books about 2012 being the end of times. There are hundreds of people trying to make money on peoples fears.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice editing.

Isn't this a little silly?

IF this "NWO" thing is true about Glenn Beck...is Alex Jones superman and impervious to death threats himself?

He puts out more "damaging" info than GB could ever hope to.

Am i the only one seeing this?

Maybe the aliens made him do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

maybe because gb is on tv and this alex guy is on the internet?? More people watch tv then go on the internet looking this stuff up?? Just a thought...who knows?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Great vid

It shows what I was thinking that day.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I seriously doubt death threats.

But I know he got a call from his boss.

NWO or not NWO does not matter, but it does.

He was pushing pretty hard for about a 4 week build up. Just remember, the week or so before Beck did the "What If" deal on that Friday.

I think Beck try's to show what is real, but I think as a business, he can only do so much.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

That first comment is about a concentration camp in North Korea, as shown in this post by lastxdance. Notice how they didn't mention the US when talking about that camp? They're fishin' for ratings.

The difference in those next comments from Glenn are more likely due to him being overwhelmed by the info than anything else. He was probably just not sure what to think at the time.

edit - grammar

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

he's lost credibility with me...mainly because of his.."We should stay in the middle east for another 25 years" comment and the fact that he was trying to right off Ron Paul as a loon...but yet saying he's the closest thing we have to a Founding Father.

I know what will happen.

He'll be pushing for his fellow buddy Mitt Romney in 2012..just as he did in 2008...and nothing will change. The power of the Federal government won't be reversed...and the bickering will switch from one side to the other.

If Ron Paul isn't elected President in 2012 nothing is going to change..unless someone emerges out of nowhere...and if someone did...i'd be hard pressed to trust a newcomer.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
Alex Jones is a business folks. He is in it for the same reason as any business. Find something that is marketable and sell it. That's what he does. I would be less inclined to believe this if I could find anything worthwhile for free from him; however, I cannot.

I guess you haven't looked very hard. Here's hundreds of free documentaries and videos on every conceivable subject. I've seen many stories on Prison Planet that no one else will touch. Alex Jones has also been a tireless Ron Paul supporter and frequently asks him to appear on his show. The rest of the MSM and alternative media has consistently ignored Ron Paul.

Do you think that being a patriot is selling documentaries with valuable information to people many of whom cannot afford it, when you could easily make the information freely available like many many people do on you tube, google video...etc?

I doubt there's a single Alex Jones documentary that couldn't be easily found on YouTube or Google Video. His latest "Obama Deception" has been extensively distributed all over the internet.

If you do not agree with this, I welcome your opinion; but please, try to remain civil and mature about it. I am not calling all of you stupid, morons, ignorant or anything else because of your beliefs. I ask only that mine not be treated in that manner either.

I hope this is sufficiently civil and mature, but I have serious doubts about someone who make claims that are demonstrably false.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

I guess you haven't looked very hard. Here's hundreds of free documentaries and videos on every conceivable subject. I've seen many stories on Prison Planet that no one else will touch. Alex Jones has also been a tireless Ron Paul supporter and frequently asks him to appear on his show. The rest of the MSM and alternative media has consistently ignored Ron Paul.

I doubt there's a single Alex Jones documentary that couldn't be easily found on YouTube or Google Video. His latest "Obama Deception" has been extensively distributed all over the internet.

I hope this is sufficiently civil and mature, but I have serious doubts about someone who make claims that are demonstrably false.

Hello,

I certainly thank you for your civility. To make one small correction to your post; I never claimed this to be anything but "how I felt about the guy" so please do not insinuate intent that is absent from the equation.

The argument you use for finding his material free on you tube doesn't mean anything as far as the idea I was trying to get across, I can find movies that aren't even released for free on the internet, that does not mean that MGM gives them away, so that is a pretty weak argument.

You are quite right that I have not been to his site in a while, and that is because of what I said in my first post. When I go to a site and all I see is someone trying to sell me something while giving the impression as being a servant to the public interest, I typically don't stay long and don't come back often.

And I have nothing against Alex Jones, well maybe the way he asserted that the guy with the tea bags was arrested when I find out later that he in fact wasn't, but other than that most of what I have seen of his (end game, some kind of doc. about Bohemian Groove, freedom to fascism, and probably 7 or 8 others.) documentaries are pretty much consistent with what I have found on my own, so I am not knocking his message, only what I perceive to be his motives.

As far as Beck, I actually enjoy watching many of his shows, albeit I understand he is a puppet of the MSM and TPTB. Still though his shows are mostly entertaining. I also admit that I typically have enjoyed what I have watched from Jones, but as I said I question his motives.

What I don't understand is how people like Dr. Griffin and the ex cop from L.A., and many others can make documentaries and freely distribute them to the public and Alex Jones is unwilling to do the same. I completely understand your and others attachment and loyalty to Mr. Jones and I am not here to try to impose my beliefs on anyone; however, I just do not agree.

Thanks for your response.

On a side note, I am curious if anyone here has any plans to run for an elected office and help fix the problem? I am entertaining the idea and I am wondering if anyone else is. Now is probably the best time in our country's history since the very beginning for an average person to have a legitimate shot at a house seat. The country as a whole is about fed up with the government and I believe they are thirsty for fresh blood. If enough regular people (with morals) would take up this calling, I think we could actually make some things happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

And I have nothing against Alex Jones, well maybe the way he asserted that the guy with the tea bags was arrested when I find out later that he in fact wasn't, but other than that most of what I have seen of his (end game, some kind of doc. about Bohemian Groove, freedom to fascism, and probably 7 or 8 others.) documentaries are pretty much consistent with what I have found on my own, so I am not knocking his message, only what I perceive to be his motives.

I agree and I've also never found his message or claims to be false or misleading. So what's left to criticize? That he doesn't personally distribute his documentaries for free? Do you work for free? I've known people who've purchased his documentaries even when they could've downloaded them from the internet.

What I don't understand is how people like Dr. Griffin and the ex cop from L.A., and many others can make documentaries and freely distribute them to the public and Alex Jones is unwilling to do the same. I completely understand your and others attachment and loyalty to Mr. Jones and I am not here to try to impose my beliefs on anyone; however, I just do not agree.

It's not so much that I'm loyal or attached to Alex Jones. It's more like I don't understand this constant drumbeat of criticism leveled against someone who's probably done more to expose the NWO than any other person or organization. The fact that he profits from his work is immaterial, at least to me.

As for Glenn Beck, as soon as I discovered that his "independent investigative panel" to research the FEMA camps consists of Popular Mechanics' James Meigs (PM is owned by Hearst Communications, original recipient of the "yellow journalism" media descriptor), that's all I needed to know.

Here's an open letter to James Meigs from a 9/11 blogger. It's on Alex Jones' Prison Planet:

Dear Mr. Meigs and all other Popular Mechanics editors:

Your "Debunking 9/11 Myths" book is sheer propaganda for those grasping at straws. Just in case you guys think "we, the people" are too stupid to see through you, let me show you why most of us realize your book is a fraud. First, let me refer you to Mr. Meigs' afterword:

"A common refrain in conspiracy circles is the claim that 'We’re just asking questions.' One would think that at least some quarters of the conspiracy movement might welcome a mainstream publication’s serious, nonideological attempt to answer those questions. One would be wrong."

Thing is, even though you guys are a "mainstream" (i.e. corporate controlled) publication, your own invective is anything but neutral and non-ideological. Your own introduction to the 2005 article proves this:

"We as a society accept the basic premise that a group of Islamist terrorists hijacked four airplanes and turned them into weapons against us. ... Sadly, the noble search for truth is now being hijacked by a growing army of conspiracy theorists... Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media."

Healthy 9/11 skeptics such as myself do take personal offense to being labelled "paranoid." The fact that James Meigs uses such language in his introduction shows that his mind is already made up: To suggest government involvement in 9/11 smacks of paranoia. Any cherry-picked "facts" in the book serve to support this pre-determined conclusion that only 19 Muslim hijackers were responsible. The book often references the 9/11 Commission Report, which itself has been debunked a million times over by the TRUE 9/11 skeptics community.

In addition, healthy 9/11 skeptics, including the Jersey Girls (9/11 widows) take offense to your use of John McCain. This itself debunks your absurd claim that the book is "non-political" and "non-ideological." When McCain tells myself, countless other citizens, and especially the Jersey Girls that "Blaming some conspiracy within our government mars the memories of the victims," it makes our blood boil. He then parrots about our military's "achievements" since 9/11, achievements which require, at least in the case of Afghanistan, the events of 9/11 to have happened the way we were told.

It's also telling that your original magazine article was March 2005, before Steven Jones entered the scene. If I were heading a non-ideological investigation, I would be genuinely intruiged by Dr. Jones' findings of thermate traces on WTC steel samples he was able to acquire. Instead, as soon as Steven Jones has given the 9/11 Truth Movement much more respectability, credibility and visibility in mid 2006, along comes Popular Mechanics again, bigger and better than before, with their magazine now expanded into a BOOK! And from reading the book and listening to radio interviews, it's all too clear that you're eager to discredit Jones no matter what he says.

To conclude: We the People are not as stupid as you guys think. The reason your "investigation" has been met with anger by "conspiracy theorists" is because you guys exhibit all the very characteristics of which you accuse "conspiracy theorists:" A pre-determined conclusion, limited cherrypicking of data to support your conclusion, and a personal smearing of all who disagree with you.

You guys already know you're propagandists. I'm sure many, many others have called you on the points I've made in this letter. I'm just adding on my two cents for the strength in numbers factor. Shame on you folks.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Do you work for free?

Actually, yes. I do a lot of professional work for free, but I will not now nor will I ever toot that horn because it is not about me and I do not desire any notoriety for helping out another individual who either could not afford my services or would not part with what little money they have for my services.

And now that you have brought that up, I realize that this is the psychological root of my irritation with A.J. So for that I must thank you as it has opened my eyes to a personal flaw of my own. A lot of times in life, we expect others to act in a manner similar to which we ourselves would act and when that is not fulfilled, it manifests itself as frustration.

I also completely agree with your assessment of popular mechanics and Beck. But in all fairness to the author of that book/article; it is only human nature to seek out facts that support your own perspective. I can remember in college facing this problem when proof reading a paper and realizing on numerous occasions that although my intent was to be non-biased, I still managed to seek out more sources that aligned themselves with my perspective on the subject. Although it is not right, it is the nature of humanity, we all have biases no matter if we are willing to admit to them or not and either consciously, sub-consciously or a combination of both, we seek out perspectives that align themselves with our own.

That being said, it still does not excuse publishing something biased and especially to the degree as the popular mechanics articles and book. Those are heavily biased and to such an extent that one would have to assume it is deliberate.

Again, thanks for the response.

Also I want to edit this in order to thank you for the very adult like discussion that we are having. It is rather refreshing to have a discussion with someone that is not based in hatred, anger, or bias so strong that one cannot even listen to the other side. This has been rather enjoyable.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

You're welcome. Unbelievable that Glenn Beck could trot out someone like James Meigs and Popular Mechanics as his "independent research panel." What a joke.

Alex Jones may charge for his documentaries, but Glenn Beck is further proof of the old adage, "you get what you pay for."

Except the propaganda from Beck's TV "programming" isn't worth the cost.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So why do they have 800 of them around the USA? the largest in Alaska holds 2 million for 're-education' purposes. the state population is around 400.000, so who are they for? Not the illegals, those slave wagers are being urged in at every opportunity by the gov.

Maybe you should research Ollie North's testimony during IranContra gate and his ADMISSION of dictatorship preps and the Rex 84 system. Go to the Congressional Record and google away...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

He makes alot of money through advertising on his website. Just like nbc.com, fox.com, etc. You click on one of his links and he gets paid or he sells advertising space. He has millions of hits to his site, to say he doesnt do this for money is kind of silly. On the fema camps, I would love to see someone go to this alaska camp and do some first hand research. We all know what happened when GB did, he found an amtrak repair facility, and this was the most popular fema death camp video on the internet.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by tide88]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Listening to the Alex Jones Radio program right now.. AJ is currently talking about Mr. Beck saying that its been proven that he uses FBI talking points and that hes going to debunk Beck. AJ claims he's going to send people into GB's tea parties to "deprogram" them and some other nonsense. I wonder how far this GB vs. AJ girl fight will go. I havnt heard either mention the other until now...

And to be partially on topic i think that GB is just trying to copy AJ's claims that he is being threatened by whatever various agency it might be at the time that doesnt want them to expose whatever "truth" they are trying to get out at the time..

Does GB even cover the Federal Reserve shananigans? I rarely watch his show so sorry.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

He makes alot of money through advertising on his website. Just like nbc.com, fox.com, etc. You click on one of his links and he gets paid or he sells advertising space. He has millions of hits to his site, to say he doesnt do this for money is kind of silly. On the fema camps, I would love to see someone go to this alaska camp and do some first hand research. We all know what happened when GB did, he found an amtrak repair facility, and this was the most popular fema death camp video on the internet.

The Amtrak repair facility was closed in June of 1993! There have been no Amtrak rail cars there sence 1993! I don,t know where Beck got thier film from or how old it is, but I can tell you that it was made before 1993 or it was not film of Beech Grove, Indiana!!!! I live less then five miles from it!! there are no rail car workers there. The turnstiles where still there two months ago, the last time I was there. Glenn beck is a shill for the NWO!!! Wake Up!!!
[edit on 7-4-2009 by tide88]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul3

Then why are they advertising for a rail car repairer?

Link

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join