It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidknapped held HOStage and used like a dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think that from the moment I heard this mans name,
I felt connected.
Similar to the way a fetus recognizes the voices of the people around it during gestation.

Never the less I thought I would share this with the membership.
The entire archive is extensive.
It would be interesting to see who knows what and who is willing to discuss it.
This is not for the faint of hart.
Adult content,
Chock full of conspiracy. Woo wooo all aboard the von Braun train!

Huntsville, AL
The FBI Files of Werhner Von Braun--Part 9
By Tom Carney
Reprinted with permission of Old Huntsville Magazine

One of the most esteemed members of the rocket team later explained von Braun’s actions. “Germany, in many ways, was like the United States. You could support your country without liking the president. The difference was that as a US citizen you are entirely free to express your opinions. In Nazi Germany, you lost at least your freedom, and possibly your life if you did so.”

Another scientist explained it differently. “Don’t kid yourself, we were at war. Our cities were being bombed daily. When the V-2s hit London there was an opening of Champagne bottles.”

For von Braun, however, there was no explaining. The government, of which he was now a citizen, had instigated a cover-up years earlier and to have said anything would have exposed the government’s actions, as well as jeopardizing the future of the space program.

Despite being under constant surveillance and enduring relentless attacks on his character, von Braun had nothing but praise for his adopted country. When one person wrote him, suggesting that severe measures be taken with people who opposed national interests, he wrote back, “Years of direct exposure to the Hitler regime, and its excesses, taught me a few unforgettable lessons and made me solidly opposed to any form of government which would deprive man of human dignity.”

Army Intelligence

Werhner von Braun

Subject had dinner and two drinks at Murray’s Restaurant on west 47th street at 7:15 until 8:20. Subject was accompanied by two males, one known and one unknown. Subject returned to hotel approximately 9:00 and did not leave room for the rest of the night. More information on unknown not available at this time.

In private, however, von Braun was willing to talk. When an acquaintance wrote him about the accusations, von Braun replied, “... yes, I was a member of the Nazi party and the SS. I would appreciate it if you would treat this as confidential ... for the sake of NASA.”

A high official at NASA offered his view. “We lied when we brought von Braun over here, and then told him to keep his mouth shut. Can you imagine him holding a press conference to explain why he joined the Nazi Party? That would have been the end of him and the space program. The poor S.O.B., didn‘t have a chance! He just had to stand there and take it. People say von Braun used us, but the truth is ... we used him.“

Urgent, FBI

Domestic Intelligence

Source advised that a group of concentration camp survivors picketed Werhner von Braun, NASA official who attended a banquet. ... Twenty-five pickets paraded from 5 to 7 PM carrying signs referring to von Braun’s Nazi background.

In 1968 an enterprising reporter uncovered documents from von Braun’s 1947 background investigation. After comparing the files to the official records from Germany he realized they had been altered, and assumed von Braun had done so. The following story was entitled, “Nazi Lies!”

“That was hardest for von Braun,” recalled one scientist, “to be called a liar. The only time I ever mentioned it to him, he told me to be patient and everything would work out.”

Von Braun had suffered in silence, for decades, for the dream of sending a man to the moon. In 1968 the huge Saturn V rocket was at Cape Canaveral waiting to be launched. All systems were go and it would have been virtually impossible to kill the program at that point. Von Braun, realizing this, seized the opportunity to do something he had waited years for. The German government had quietly been investigating rumors and collecting documents concerning his war time past. In February of 1969 he appeared at the German Embassy in New Orleans to answer the accusations. The Embassy was supplied with the relevant files from the FBI, the CIA, the Army, and the German Archives. After days of intensive probing and questioning, Werhner von Braun was completely exonerated.

It barely made the news.

Several months later in July of 1969, Werhner von Braun saw his lifelong goal of putting a man on the moon come true. To honor the occasion, President Richard Nixon invited von Braun and his wife to a dinner at the White House.

Secret

John Ehrlichman,

Counsel to the President

Reference is made ... in connection with the White House Affair. ... Dr. Werhner von Braun ... was subject of investigations conducted by the FBI in 1948 and 1961 ... information was developed that he received an honorary SS Commission as a Lieutenant and had been a member of the Nazi Party. ...

He had worked for the United States for twenty-eight years, placed a man on the moon and was the Director of Marshall Space Flight Center with a budget of 1.5 billion dollars and 8,000 employees, but to the FBI he was still a Nazi.

In 1977 President Ford awarded von Braun the National Medal of Science. He was in the hospital, his body wracked with cancer, and unable to attend the White House ceremony. Later a friend visited the hospital and gave him the medal.

As von Braun looked at the medal he probably remembered when he was a small child dreaming of building a spaceship someday that would carry men into outer space. He probably thought of the country he had grown up in and how it had been devastated by war. And he probably thought of his adopted country, a former enemy, which had given him the medal.

They said a tear rolled down his cheek as he laid in the hospital bed with the medal clutched tightly in his hand.

Werhner von Braun supported his native country in a time of war, and for that he bore the stigma of Nazism for the rest of his life. When all the accusations are finally put to rest, perhaps historians will look at the man and discover who he really was ... a loyal German citizen, who became a great American hero.
Return Part 1

Related Articles
Huntsville--Picture Perfect
Tom Carney, editor of Old Huntsville magazine, has published a CD

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Good read, but dont understand why you put adult content in the beginning.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

Cross dressing!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very interesting but your blatant use of adult content to get a shock value for people to read is the reason I want be returning to this thread. Which is sad as I would of loved to have read what was coming next. :shk:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Ant
Get real.
The content is within the thread to protect those that are sensitive to cross dressing FBI people.
It is not advertisement that is external with the title.
Thanks for stopping by.
You will miss a good ride on the von Braun train.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I have read it twice and apparently I have missed the cross dressing part both times.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Gosh ant
I thought every one was familiar with J edgar. You must be young!
Welcome aboard the von Braun train! All aboard!
Ps stick with this It is better than xxx

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Must be the case as I live about 30 minutes from Birmingham Alabama. Maybe I was a little harsh with the accusation.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No offence taken. I fish the gulf from Billy Goat Hole LA. (lower Ala)
I converted to southernism 20 years ago.
When you see the southern cross for the first time-----
Huntsville and Wernher bonded on southern hospitality and the appreciation of freedom. He really had none from his capture untill his death.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A damn Yankee
no wonder we got off on the wrong foot
Myself southern born and bred.

Before we get completely off topic. I see there is some research I will be doing now thanks to your OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I think Wernher just survived in the hostile anti-German US because of the grace afforded him by the local Alabamans. A creed shared by people seeking freedom. and knowing the difference.

Official Alabama's Creed

The Alabamian's Creed was written by Mrs. H. P. Thetford of Birmingham. The creed was adopted by the Board and Council of the Alabama Federations of Women's Clubs who in turn recommended it for adoption by the state legislature. In 1953 the state adopted it as Alabama's Creed.

I believe in Alabama, a state dedicated to a faith in God and the
enlightenment of mankind; to a democracy that safeguards the liberties
of each citizen and to the conservation of her youth, her ideals, and
her soil. I believe it is my duty to obey her laws, to respect her flag and
to be alert to her needs and generous in my efforts to foster her
advancement within the statehood of the world.

Need I say more. yea just a little bit more.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Thank you ant you are Large

top topics

join