It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were they burying at AREA 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This imagine was taken last year. It's since been covered up.

i40.tinypic.com...

They were cargo containers full of food, so I hear.
About 3000 containers per burial.

?????????????

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They used to burn Nuclear and various Toxic Wastes at Area 51. Wouldn't surprise me if they just bury it now.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That is not a picture of Area 51. It is a picture of the Radioactive Waste Management Site in Area 5 (Frenchman Flat) of the Nevada Test Site. This is a 790-acre site for storage of low-level radioactive waste generated by military and DoE activities. The material is packed in boxes of uniform shape and size, and buried in even rows in excavated pits. The inventoried and bar-coded boxes are stacked four deep and arranged in an alpha-numeric grid within the pit in case they need to be retrieved or accounted for.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
That is not a picture of Area 51. It is a picture of the Radioactive Waste Management Site in Area 5 (Frenchman Flat) of the Nevada Test Site. This is a 790-acre site for storage of low-level radioactive waste generated by military and DoE activities. The material is packed in boxes of uniform shape and size, and buried in even rows in excavated pits. The inventoried and bar-coded boxes are stacked four deep and arranged in an alpha-numeric grid within the pit in case they need to be retrieved or accounted for.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Shadowhawk]

thanks shadowhawk!
you're right about the site as well, i rechecked

i have some hardcore ct friends! in real life too, ya know

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I recognized the site as soon as I saw it. I've been there a few times. There used to be a family of foxes living in one of the pits, in among the containers. (Hmmmm. Sounds like the plot of a B-movie: "Attack of the Giant Atomic Fox")

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

It is on the NTS tour. That is one of the spots where they check the bus tires for radioactivity.

new topics

top topics

join