It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gold rush sweeps across America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

New gold rush sweeps across America

business.timesonline.co.uk

GOLD FEVER is gripping America again with record numbers of people taking to the hills and streams of California and other states hoping to strike it rich.

Membership of the Gold Prospectors of America Association has risen 20% in the past year, said general manager Ken Rucker.

The numbers of people registering claims for mineral rights has also shot up. For the past two years, mining claims in California, the most gold-rich state, have grown by more than 3,000. Another 1,173 claims were filed in the first three months of 2009 alone, government figures show.

However, the public figures don’t tell the full story because there are still parts of the US where anyone can prospect for gold without a claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ted Anderson, Alex Jones, and other so-called, experts on the gold & silver-trade will be trying to sell more & more of their precious metal, as long as articles like that are held in high-regard.

Of course, the occult-world government will try to ban gold from being used as a proper source of wealth or income in their ideal economy, They're waiting to finally have enough people investing, trading; selling & buying into their global market & digital-money scheme.

business.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've thought of going up into the Cascades east of Salem and trying my luck. Hey it would be fun at least

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

The Sunday Times

Driven by the soaring price of gold, now fetching more than $900 an ounce ..

I would imagine that the mines that were abandoned because they became uneconomical , may become viable again .

You`d want to be pretty certain that gold prices remain buoyant to literally sink everything you have into it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In my younger days I joined the Gold Prospectors of America, got the equipment, Shovels, sluice box and gold pan along with all the camping gear I'd need.

One beautiful spring day I decided I'd had enough and walked off my job. On the way out the door my brother asked where I was going and I told him to the hills to find gold. He yelled, "Wait for me!" and grabbed his stuff.

Fools. The both of us.

Prospecting for gold is HARD freakin' work. A heck of a lot harder than running a machine in a factory or construction or any of the dozens of jobs I jumped around to at that age.

Gold Prospectors of America doesn't tell you that part when trying to sell you the equipment. You can rest assured they make more money selling the dream than they do finding gold.

My brother and I lasted a week.

TO HELL WITH THAT! It is not worth it.

Still, I have to admit it was a lot of fun and a great memory to have.

Just don't plan on making a living at it.

wupy

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've got 3 friends who are brothers, and work a claim out in Oregon. They work hard, for very small nuggies...but once in a while, find a gumball-sized chunk! I could tell you where it is, but you know what I'd have to do, right after that!!!

Recently, the middle brother went and got a job on a fishing boat!

new topics

top topics

join