page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He did not "lose it" he never had it and will soak up anything

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think that George Noory lost it a long time ago. He's trying hard to emulate Art Bell's "mystery voice of What's around the corner" to captivate the audience, but he's a dud. Noory (a shortened Arabic last name) hails from the Arab community of the outer Detroit area and he's the radio epitome of what's happening to the Detroit car industry: Noory is going the way of the dinosaurs just like the Detroit auto makers are. Now where Art Bell has made the Radio Hall of Fame, George Noory will probably only make it to a Radio Wax Museum.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Actually that guy they had the other week doing open lines friday wasn't to bad , Richard Syrett .

Wouldn't mind seeing him get another go at the show .

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh wanted to mention ... I always figured that George relied very heavily on listener email to get questions for his guests and the other day I had my long time suspicion confirmed .

I was reading the stream link info posted on the C2C site and they actually state that members get a privet email address so that they can email George while he is doing his show's . They then go on to state that he uses those emails to ask a lot of " his " questions

This would explain a lot with regards to is often displayed disconnect while interviewing a guest .

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The thing about George is he eats up practically any crap his guests decide to serve him. I can understand how you may think he is demented by listening to him talk sometimes but I dont think thats the case.

Art used to have whack jobs on the show but he made his opinion about their "facts" clear. George however not so much.

I do listen to Coast to Coast am still more as background nose than anything else, in my opinion the quality of the show is very poor.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
George is no Art, and the comparison is unfair.. however, George is so disracted during the show (maybe by listener Fast Blasts or surfing the web or reading the next question he is supposed to ask...) that he is a terrible interviewer, missing many of the guest's comments because he doesn't listen.

I miss the old days.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I get the feeling that George overdoes it with the voice thing. And sometimes the guest on the show are so ridiculous that I couldn't be bothered to even turn on the radio.

But that's one of the best things about Mr. Noory. He doesn't censor. I think he's a lot more cool than we give him credit for because he doesn't crack up in laughter at some of the callers. I don't know how he does it, but I respect that aspect. Anybody can feel free to call into his show with no fear of being ridiculed and that speaks volumes about free speech and the free flow of ideas and concepts.

I don't think George is losing anything, he's just very open minded lets people talk. I think that's very cool. But why he likes Canadians is beyond me

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yes he does seem like a very nice person and I think he tries very hard to be the nice understanding type rather then an aggressive interviewer .

He goes to extreme lengths as to not offend anyone , to let the person " tell there story " .

As I mentioned earlier , George is George .

I just wish he would focus on his guest a bit more and spend a little time researching his guest a bit before the interview .

And yes I am a stream link member

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I like George, he has a heart of gold, and in a way it's kinda good he has no edge since he gives everyone a chance.

I wish he was more consistent in what he claimed to believe in tho.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resonant Being
Noory is about the worst interviewer I've ever listened to. I have no real beef or agenda against him. He leaves the most important questions unasked time and time again.

The fact remains that most often he is clueless about what the guest is talking about. It becomes obvious when he, lamely, attempts to use humor to inject himself into the conversation. Let's face otherwise he'd be revealed as the complete moron he is. Half the time the guest just sits there in never ending awkwardness.

I'm 100% in agreement with you.

I tried really hard to like George and defended his "Honeymoon" period. Everyone should be given a chance.

But - IMO - he got worse instead of better. I can't even bring myself to listen to C2C anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was asked to work for Osama. George asked me on the air what he wanted. At that time I did not know.. I know now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was asked to work for Osama. George asked me on the air what he wanted. At that time I did not know.. I know now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok could you please share the info? I will wait for your response.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elohimszeusadam

You were trying to stretch out a story. Then you went off on how your manager was trying to set you up on dates - - and other directions.

George was telling you to get to the point. You didn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nah I actually like Noory. I guess I'm so used to him now and he's such a nice guy, but sometimes his utter ABSENCE of skepticism DOES annoy me. hahahaha

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You were trying to stretch out a story. Then you went off on how your manager was trying to set you up on dates - - and other directions.

Wait wait ... is this "Doug" from Portland who was on a few nights ago? Small world if so!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Wait wait ... is this "Doug" from Portland who was on a few nights ago? Small world if so!

Yep - that's him.

Good call Noory.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Yep - that's him.

Good call Noory.

He's a member of this forum! How can I friend him

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

IMHO Art was far better than Noory. George seems to believe every thing he brings on the show and Art always told us to take what was being said with a grain of salt. That I absolutely HATE that little song George plays at the end of his show alot UFO dave er whatever. Seems to me he is covertly insulting the subjects that he talks about with that one.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join