It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambitious Obama Seeks Nuclear-Free World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ambitious Obama Seeks Nuclear-Free World

rawstory.com

US President Barack Obama pledged Sunday to lead a quest for a world purged of nuclear weapons, denouncing "fatalism" over proliferation and calling for North Korea to be punished for its rocket launch.

Warning the prospect of a nuclear-armed terrorist was the "most immediate and extreme threat to global security" Obama unveiled a plan to cut stockpiles, curtail testing, choke fissile production and secure loose nuclear material.

"As the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon, the United States has a moral responsibility to act," Obama said in a keynote speech in Prague. "We cannot succeed in this endeavour alone, but we can lead it.

"So today, I state clearly and with conviction America's commitment and desire to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons," he said in a warmly received speech to 30,000 people at picturesque Prague Castle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.roguegovernment.com

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Barry Soetoro was shilling for his masters at the EU-US summit, where he spoke about his desire for an immediate end to nuclear tests. He claimed to seek Senate approval of the "Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty" and would hold some sort of "global summit" to discuss nuclear security within the next year.

Soetoro said, "I am not naive, this goal (of a nuclear free world) will not be reached quickly, perhaps not in my lifetime", then he tried to convince his audience that doing nothing to stop the spread of nuclear weapons would be to cede to a "deadly adversary" of fatalism.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

You know the funny thing is, the US does have the largest arsenal of Nuclear weapons. So if Obama is attempting to reduce that ammount or even eliminate them all together, he's going to have to start reducing his own weaponry as well.

I kinda see that not happening, or he's simply attempting to have other nations reduce their ammounts so the US has more "pressure" power on the world stage.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
so he must of been talking about the USA as well right?..

or will only the NWO loaders have access to them?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He said he won't reduce our stash until they reduce theirs.

Hmmmmm ....

yeah and it makes him seem like a peacemonger and adds to his "humanitarian" cult ... Obama is going to be a legend and NOT in a good way.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Screw that crap. I think nukes have prevented more or worse conflicts from arising. Besides if we get rid of them, how the hell can we take out the asteroid, alien mother ship, or even the occasional rouge nation? Keep them! Nukes are like condoms better to have when needed than need and not have.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.c-spanarchives.org...

Full Vid here if anyone wants to watch it

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Screw that crap. I think nukes have prevented more or worse conflicts from arising. Besides if we get rid of them, how the hell can we take out the asteroid, alien mother ship, or even the occasional rouge nation? Keep them! Nukes are like condoms better to have when needed than need and not have.

Eh ... totally disagree here.

new topics

top topics

join